AK Build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Standing by. I started a thread over on the "Meets And Events" forum. I hope some folks'll show up. It's good to meet LA, "firearms enthusiasts".

I'm going to try to fit the safety selector into that Yugoslavian M70 we were working on Thursday.

I just realized what you were doing sanding, Tim. I don't usually do the wood until last, but heck, why wait?

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Standing by. I started a thread over on the "Meets And Events" forum. I hope some folks'll show up. It's good to meet LA, "firearms enthusiasts".

I'm going to try to fit the safety selector into that Yugoslavian M70 we were working on Thursday.

I just realized what you were doing sanding, Tim. I don't usually do the wood until last, but heck, why wait?
    He is just like you he gets a new toy and cant keep his hands off them.LOL

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Da Wabbit

I just finished the major work on this guy this morning, so he'd be ready for tomorrow's shoot. He's a Yugoslavian M70AB2 underfolder, in 7.62x39mm, and so far he feeds and ejects well. We'll see how he does with the real thing tomorrow.

I built this one on a receiver blank. I cut out the magwell, trigger hole, axis pin holes, safety selector hole, and rivet holes, and riveted it together. It's my third underfolder, but my 1st Yugoslavian underfolder.

Da%20Wabbit%201st%20photo.jpg

I call it, "Da Wabbit".

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Hey Newt. The last time I went everything I saw cost more than the internet, and you had to pay taxes and an entry fee on top of it, so I don't make it too often anymore.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, well I have the Polish underfolder ordered. It'll be in the mail on monday.
    Should I get a flat to build the uf on, or should I get an NDS receiver to build it on?

southernk9cop

Resident Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Houma
    I am going to miss this build, but have already lined up help early in the next year Jan/Feb. You guys have fun and post pics of the works in progress and completed rifles.

Is this the most replied to thread in the history of bayoushooter?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Sorry #1Bambam. I just wanted to have a real list of the folks who were interested, and have it in a thread where people who monitored the Events and Meets would know where to go.

CajunTim, that spray-on stripper works better than just about any method I've tried.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    So I got ordered some mags and to day and they came in. They appear to be in bad cosmetic shape for the most part.

What is one to do?
    How do I take them apart?
    Is there a way to identify them?
    How do I clean them?
    Can I mix and match parts?
    Does anyone clean their weapons or mags with oven cleaner?

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    So I got ordered some mags and to day and they came in. They appear to be in bad cosmetic shape for the most part.

What is one to do?
    How do I take them apart?
    Is there a way to identify them?
    How do I clean them?
    Can I mix and match parts?
    Does anyone clean their weapons or mags with oven cleaner?
    On the bottom you will see a square hole in it is the keeper.Press down on the keeper and slide the floorplate off the mag. body.BE CAREFULL KEEP AHOLD OF THE KEEPER WHEN REMOVING THE FLOOR PLATE.It will try to jump out of your hand and hit you in the eye.When doing this procedure it is best to treat the bottom of the mag like it was a muzzel.After you get them apart clean them with brake cleaner or mineral spirits or wd-40.As for mixing them clean them one at a time.No mix

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom