All UN small arms/reloading treaty threads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with the UN on one thing...

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...watchers_baffled_us_doesnt_require_id_to_vote

This CANNOT continue. Issue them a free state ID card (why not, the get everything else free) and make it a REQUIREMENT to vote.

Fortunately, here in Louisiana, this is already law. I'm tired of voter fraud, even if it benefits my candidate. If you have to CHEAT to win, you don't need to be in the race.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Have any of you read the proposed UN Treaty? It in no way abridges anyone in the US's 2nd Ammendement rights. Everything the treaty proposes is already being done in the US via ITAR.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Anyone hear anything about this? Not that it would be a big shock......

http://www.examiner.com/article/feinstein-rumored-to-be-pushing-semi-auto-ban-if-obama-reelected

I hope a rumor is all this is....:mad:

Let's pretend for a second this is true and passes. How would this new federal law conflict with Louisiana's recently passed 2A amendment? Am I the only one seeing a big divide between what the states want and what the feds want? Weed legalization in CO and WA is on the same level - legal statewise but illegal federally. Taken to the extreme, could this launch a secession or revolution? Not fearmongering/conspiricizing, but it's a strange thing to see, this disparity between the states and feds....

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Let's pretend for a second this is true and passes. How would this new federal law conflict with Louisiana's recently passed 2A amendment? Am I the only one seeing a big divide between what the states want and what the feds want? Weed legalization in CO and WA is on the same level - legal statewise but illegal federally. Taken to the extreme, could this launch a secession or revolution? Not fearmongering/conspiricizing, but it's a strange thing to see, this disparity between the states and feds....

I'm also curious as to what will happen to states who refuse to impiliment Obamacare.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'm also curious as to what will happen to states who refuse to impiliment Obamacare.

Since the penalty is being called and treated as a federal tax there is no way the states can stop it. Even if they order their citizens to not do it the citizens will still end up paying for it.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    one has to wonder how long we the people will allow our government to decide what's best for us instead of listening to us.

Most likely forever. Remember, "we the people" just re-elected Obama.

"We" does not mean "me and the people that agree with me". It means the entirety of the US populace.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I hate to need to say this again, but it is more likely that I begin shitting fire than a succession/revolution over either of those items.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    I hate to need to say this again, but it is more likely that I begin shitting fire than a succession/revolution over either of those items.

Not what I was saying, sorry should clarify. I don't believe these 2 issues will either, but these could be the dominoes that start a greatly increasing divide between feds and states... this election, 2 states legalize weed, and others assert rights that conflict w/ the feds' laws. Next election, more such state amendments pass that conflict w/ the feds... and so on until the feds and states are so far apart that.... what? What could happen?

Ya might not be shitting fire today, but keep eatin them beans for a few more years, and one day you might! :)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Not what I was saying, sorry should clarify. I don't believe these 2 issues will either, but these could be the dominoes that start a greatly increasing divide between feds and states... this election, 2 states legalize weed, and others assert rights that conflict w/ the feds' laws. Next election, more such state amendments pass that conflict w/ the feds... and so on until the feds and states are so far apart that.... what? What could happen?

Ya might not be shitting fire today, but keep eatin them beans for a few more years, and one day you might! :)
    If a large enough group of states legalize weed, the federal government will follow suit.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

You're talking about things that take decades. Time kills passion, people these days don't stay fired up for long with all the distractions of everyday life. I remember the same kinda talk when Obama was first elected. The world was gonna end, the states were gonna secede, civil war was gonna break out, we'd all be in FEMA camps, etc. A month later everyone is back on the couch watching American Idol.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You're talking about things that take decades. Time kills passion, people these days don't stay fired up for long with all the distractions of everyday life. I remember the same kinda talk when Obama was first elected. The world was gonna end, the states were gonna secede, civil war was gonna break out, we'd all be in FEMA camps, etc. A month later everyone is back on the couch watching American Idol.
    Exactly.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA

True! Hope soon we forget!!:dunno:

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette

Exactly. That's what I'm saying when I reference future elections. The last of the 13 colonies formed in 1733, and as we all know, the Revolutionary war didn't start till 42 years later. Our civil war was about 50 years in the making w/ the outlaw of importing slaves... of course there was the whole 1812 thing that put that argument on the back burner for a few years. I'm not saying this hypothetical situation would happen overnight, but it's interesting to visualize us in a war with ourselves 50 years into the future and look back on the things that lead up to it.

My point is that several issues lead up to a revolution, over a long period of time.

On a more "right here, right now" note, look at Greece. It's only taken them 3 years to go from heroes to zeroes, and they're on the same path we are on now. Their debt crisis freaked out the financial markets, and they are at 25% unemployment. Riots are everywhere amidst the austerity measures they're taking. They are now in a state of revolution, but if one just reads US news outlets, it's impossible to get a grasp on the global picture. Imagine what would happen if austerity started here(hint, Katrina, Sandy). Here's the status of our financial markets today, down 400 points since the re-election:

https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1352408400000&chddm=1172.9999999999998&chls=IntervalBasedLine&q=INDEXDJX:.DJI&ntsp=0&ei=BfqbUNCOKpOklwOwiwE

Top Bottom