All UN small arms/reloading treaty threads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    We are very much headed down the same path as Greece. But look who is doing the rioting there and why. It ain't about founding fathers or taxes or any of that romantic stuff. It's the lower class who are getting their free stuff taken away.

Last edited:

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    We are very much headed down the same path as Greece. But look who is doing the rioting there and why. It ain't about founding fathers or taxes or any of that romantic stuff. It's the lower class who are getting their free stuff taken away.

Yeah, was sort of getting off my original topic there, the first point outlining the "when/how long"s from a historical standpoint, the second outlining the "hows" of a modern revolution. The "gimme gimme gimme" crowd are the ones affected the most. Having gone from 28 million on food stamps in 2008 to a whopping 46.7 million today(15% of the population), that's a big gang to **** off.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Let's pretend for a second this is true and passes. How would this new federal law conflict with Louisiana's recently passed 2A amendment? Am I the only one seeing a big divide between what the states want and what the feds want? Weed legalization in CO and WA is on the same level - legal statewise but illegal federally. Taken to the extreme, could this launch a secession or revolution? Not fearmongering/conspiricizing, but it's a strange thing to see, this disparity between the states and feds....

I'm quite alright with the proposed Jesusland secession...and I'm not what you'd call a "Christian." Obviously, after this election, we'd have to seriously consider re-zoning Florida in with the U.S.C.

600px-Jesusland_map.svg.png

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    An official at the U.S. mission said Washington's objectives have not changed.

"We seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout," the official said.

"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Shame on Mary

MARY LANDRIEU JUST VOTED AGAINST UPHOLDING THE 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTSIt didn’t work! Sorry Mary! You are on record now…please be sure to share this with everyone you know who can help us get someone in the Senate in 2014 who stands for America.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=113&session=1&vote=00091

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 1st Session
    as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate
    Vote Summary
    Question: On the Amendment (Inhofe Amdt. No. 139 )
    Vote Number: 91 Vote Date: March 23, 2013, 04:30 AM
    Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Amendment Agreed to
    Amendment Number: S.Amdt. 139 to S.Con.Res. 8 (No short title on file)

Statement of Purpose: To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

Vote Counts: YEAs 53
    NAYs 46
    Not Voting 1

Vote Summary
    By Senator Name
    By Vote Position
    By Home State

Alphabetical by Senator Name
    Alexander (R-TN), Yea
    Ayotte (R-NH), Yea
    Baldwin (D-WI), Nay
    Barrasso (R-WY), Yea
    Baucus (D-MT), Nay
    Begich (D-AK), Yea
    Bennet (D-CO), Nay
    Blumenthal (D-CT), Nay
    Blunt (R-MO), Yea
    Boozman (R-AR), Yea
    Boxer (D-CA), Nay
    Brown (D-OH), Nay
    Burr (R-NC), Yea
    Cantwell (D-WA), Nay
    Cardin (D-MD), Nay
    Carper (D-DE), Nay
    Casey (D-PA), Nay
    Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
    Coats (R-IN), Yea
    Coburn (R-OK), Yea
    Cochran (R-MS), Yea
    Collins (R-ME), Yea
    Coons (D-DE), Nay
    Corker (R-TN), Yea
    Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
    Cowan (D-MA), Nay
    Crapo (R-ID), Yea
    Cruz (R-TX), Yea
    Donnelly (D-IN), Yea
    Durbin (D-IL), Nay
    Enzi (R-WY), Yea
    Feinstein (D-CA), Nay
    Fischer (R-NE), Yea
    Flake (R-AZ), Yea
    Franken (D-MN), Nay
    Gillibrand (D-NY), Nay
    Graham (R-SC), Yea
    Grassley (R-IA), Yea
    Hagan (D-NC), Yea
    Harkin (D-IA), Nay
    Hatch (R-UT), Yea
    Heinrich (D-NM), Yea
    Heitkamp (D-ND), Yea
    Heller (R-NV), Yea
    Hirono (D-HI), Nay
    Hoeven (R-ND), Yea
    Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
    Isakson (R-GA), Yea
    Johanns (R-NE), Yea
    Johnson (D-SD), Nay
    Johnson (R-WI), Yea
    Kaine (D-VA), Nay
    King (I-ME), Nay
    Kirk (R-IL), Yea
    Klobuchar (D-MN), Nay
    Landrieu (D-LA), Nay
    Lautenberg (D-NJ), Not Voting
    Leahy (D-VT), Nay
    Lee (R-UT), Yea
    Levin (D-MI), Nay
    Manchin (D-WV), Yea
    McCain (R-AZ), Yea
    McCaskill (D-MO), Nay
    McConnell (R-KY), Yea
    Menendez (D-NJ), Nay
    Merkley (D-OR), Nay
    Mikulski (D-MD), Nay
    Moran (R-KS), Yea Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
    Murphy (D-CT), Nay
    Murray (D-WA), Nay
    Nelson (D-FL), Nay
    Paul (R-KY), Yea
    Portman (R-OH), Yea
    Pryor (D-AR), Yea
    Reed (D-RI), Nay
    Reid (D-NV), Nay
    Risch (R-ID), Yea
    Roberts (R-KS), Yea
    Rockefeller (D-WV), Nay
    Rubio (R-FL), Yea
    Sanders (I-VT), Nay
    Schatz (D-HI), Nay
    Schumer (D-NY), Nay
    Scott (R-SC), Yea
    Sessions (R-AL), Yea
    Shaheen (D-NH), Nay
    Shelby (R-AL), Yea
    Stabenow (D-MI), Nay
    Tester (D-MT), Yea
    Thune (R-SD), Yea
    Toomey (R-PA), Yea
    Udall (D-CO), Nay
    Udall (D-NM), Nay
    Vitter (R-LA), Yea
    Warner (D-VA), Nay
    Warren (D-MA), Nay
    Whitehouse (D-RI), Nay
    Wicker (R-MS), Yea
    Wyden (D-OR), Nay
    In GOD We Trust

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't have time to disseminate the language in the instrument, so I would have to know for sure if this dumbass voted against the 2nd, or if there was language included that would make abortions illegal.

These con-artists pull this crap all the time up there.

I am working tirelessly against her already for prostituting her existence for pretender care, so it's a moot point to me. :p

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Why do Dem's hate America so much?

I find it odd that notorious anti gun Senator Frank Lautenberg didn't vote on this.

Seems like nothing could be more important to him than taking away the 2A rights of Americans.

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I don't have time to disseminate the language in the instrument, so I would have to know for sure if this dumbass voted against the 2nd, or if there was language included that would make abortions illegal.

These con-artists pull this crap all the time up there.

I am working tirelessly against her already for prostituting her existence for pretender care, so it's a moot point to me. :p

Looks like an amendment to a budget resolution, Vitter was a co author of the amendment.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Looks like an amendment to a budget resolution, Vitter was a co author of the amendment.

So how did we get to a place, or allow these idiots to water down important issues with nonsense ammendments and add-ons?

It's akin to tying a "yea" vote for the Ahfgan War to the yearly budget for the USDA. We're not getting these scam artists on record for anything; because no one they serve (including themselves), understands what they are actually voting for when they do.

Really pathetic!

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    So how did we get to a place, or allow these idiots to water down important issues with nonsense ammendments and add-ons?

It's akin to tying a "yea" vote for the Ahfgan War to the yearly budget for the USDA. We're not getting these scam artists on record for anything; because no one they serve (including themselves), understands what they are actually voting for when they do.

Really pathetic!

Not to say this is a nonsense issue, but you're right: It has no business being amended to a budget.

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    http://www.gunowners.org/a03252013a.htm

The Lee amendment which would require Senators to muster 67 votes before adopting gun control legislation.

There were six “Red State” Democrats who voted Against the Lee amendment — Senators Mark Begich (AK), Tim Johnson (SD), Tim Kaine (VA), Mary Landrieu (LA), Harry Reid (NV) and Mark Warner (VA). Gun owners in these states should be sure to voice their displeasure with these Senators.

Gun owners in Louisiana and Nevada, you have some homework to do — Mary Landrieu and Harry Reid need to hear from you!​

Regardless of what it was amending, she voted FOR gun control.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Knowing Mary Landrieu as I do I know she is definitely not anti-2nd Amendment. She is however in a situation in which the nation very badly needs a budget passed, and this amendment would very likely have killed the budget - as in made it impossible to pass. Knowing her as I do, I think this is much more likely why she voted against the amendment. Why not introduce the issue as a bill to stand on its own two feet? Why all the sneaky subterfuge?

Last edited:

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    I don't know how you know her, but I know her as a criminal I have dealt with in the past. I let her go because I couldn't afford the shitstorm it would have generated if I had arrested a U.S. Senator. I also know her as the traitorous bitch who took a $300,000 bribe from Obama to swing his health care plan.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't know how you know her, but I know her as a criminal I have dealt with in the past. I let her go because I couldn't afford the shitstorm it would have generated if I had arrested a U.S. Senator. I also know her as the traitorous bitch who took a $300,000 bribe from Obama to swing his health care plan.

I don't know her to that extent, but I do know her as the "prostitute" of pretendercare. BTW: Did you see that it is going to cost more than the dogshitocrats lied and said it would.

I know! Can't be true, right?

"God, I hate them all! Please tell me their day of reckoning is to come before I die!"
    Emperor 3:12

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrGlock
    Top Bottom