Alright, now I'm pissed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I think it goes without saying that I hold a bit of disdain for authority, and while that may seem irrational to a lot of people, it is not without reason.

First they took away the vapes in local stores. Not a huge deal, who wants to pay $30 for a disposable vape anyway?
    Well, they took away the ability to order vapes online and have them shipped to Louisiana.

I have so many words I could use right now to describe my feelings, I would probably break the censor trigger on the site.
    And the thing is this, I can make my own, I could quit, it is what it is on that front, yeah, it sucks, but whatever. What pisses me off is some fa**ot wearing a suit, who is taking money from tobacco companies, is now giving me a big **** you, in order to keep raking in that tobacco money. **** these mother *******.

We can buy all the tobacco we want, consume it in lethal quantities if we wanted, but heaven forbid we use an alternative to tobacco. Nonono. C*cksuckers

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't understand this ''Vap'' stuff? I don't smoke so I guess the 2 are related?
    Both are nicotine products. A lot of people use vapes to quit tobacco. Other people might enjoy nicotine but don't like using tobacco to consume it.
    Of course, this ban is camouflaged in a "public safety" suit, because it's always about our safety, and the kids, don't forget about the kids, we definitely all want the kids safe - here ya go kid, have a carton of cigs and a bottle of Jack, much safer than that vape, and you'll look cooler while you do it, and I'll get to keep my lobby $ - basically what it boils down to.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I've been made aware of the restrictions.
    Their "pawning off to the safety of the children" is a farce when the obvious argument is made that ADULTS enjoy things that taste good just like younger people do. Their argument falls apart when the facts are presented, like all other democrat things.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Lawd have mercy. Try the Velo 7mg pouches at the convenience store. They are pretty good
    I actually tried a pouch a few weeks ago, think it was zyn, wasn't bad, and was already considering switching to pouches. But now, it's pure principle - I'm gonna keep vaping, even if I have to buy them straight from China. I'll make sure to buy from this factory, so I know they're all tested for quality.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Wait, all vapes are illegal now? When did that happen?
    They passed a ban back in March, then they put a stay in place, which lasted a few months or so. The stay expired, then they started pulling them off the shelves in local stores. Online ordering was never affected or mentioned, not that I heard of anyway. Sometime within the past couple weeks they enacted a ban on online purchase / shipping to Louisiana.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I've been made aware of the restrictions.
    Their "pawning off to the safety of the children" is a farce when the obvious argument is made that ADULTS enjoy things that taste good just like younger people do. Their argument falls apart when the facts are presented, like all other democrat things.
    It is 100% about the money. They might can ban vape sales, but they can't ban the ingredients for the juice, nor can they ban the devices. So, while we might not can get pre-made juice, or disposable vapes, they cannot keep people from making their own. Either way, it's ********. 100% ********

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I think it’s funny and not funny. Who would have thought the goveement would allow companies to make an addictive product and then take it away when they like? It happens all the time. Simple fix, stop smoking! Stop using the products that are destroying you and your loved ones! If everyone would stop using nicotine and other related products, they would lose so much revenue. Just like alcohol. If everyone stopped drinking, they would lose their minds! That’s hilarious to me! Stop smoking, stop drinking, and start growing your own plants and animals. Shut down these abusive corporations and let them suffer! But that will never happen, because we Americans are spoiled …..

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don’t smoke and it pisses me off. Vaping or E-Cigarettes are 100 times better for those of us who don’t smoke. No noxious smoke and smell, no butts littering up everywhere and leeching chemicals into the soil. Less lingering traces everywhere. Sure, there are many who still light up a real smoke, but it’s far less than prior to the mentioned alternative.
    And yes, I’m sure they have an ulterior motive than what they purport. That’s the salt in the wound. Erosion of freedom in the name of whatever cause sucks, but it sucks more when you know it’s a lame ass excuse.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    I'm pretty sure the tobacco giants own most of the vape products directly or indirectly.
    Far more children and teens who would have never started smoking cigarettes or would have been busted by parents for smelling like cigarettes is startling.
    Just go to a Jr high or high school and see that more than half the kids are using the vapes.
    A larger issue is a mass majority of them are vapes containing THC. We have a bunch of dumbasses more interested in getting high in school than learning.
    More stores were before the law came down hard were prone to selling them to anyone without any ID shown or asked for.
    Do I think they should ban them from adults ? That is not my call though I do not think they are any health benefits to them Vs cigarettes, that answer would be no.
    There are far more people who were non smokers I know that now vape, why ? who knows why. Maybe they think its socially cool to fit in and the thought of its not harmful like cigarettes led a lot of folks to start. Now they are addicted to nicotine and that was the whole plan from the start. Gain more customers and profits.
    Me personally, Don't like them though other adults have the choice to poison themselves as they wish.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Actually you can still order vapes on line for delivery to LA, but the seller must verify your age. 21 and over. A simple google search, lol.
    100% not true. I've been ordering mine online for years. I ordered about a month ago, and a friend as recent as 2 weeks ago. You can no longer have them shipped to Louisiana. The sites will not even accept payment from a Louisiana billing address.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I'm pretty sure the tobacco giants own most of the vape products directly or indirectly.
    Far more children and teens who would have never started smoking cigarettes or would have been busted by parents for smelling like cigarettes is startling.
    Just go to a Jr high or high school and see that more than half the kids are using the vapes.
    A larger issue is a mass majority of them are vapes containing THC. We have a bunch of dumbasses more interested in getting high in school than learning.
    More stores were before the law came down hard were prone to selling them to anyone without any ID shown or asked for.
    Do I think they should ban them from adults ? That is not my call though I do not think they are any health benefits to them Vs cigarettes, that answer would be no.
    There are far more people who were non smokers I know that now vape, why ? who knows why. Maybe they think its socially cool to fit in and the thought of its not harmful like cigarettes led a lot of folks to start. Now they are addicted to nicotine and that was the whole plan from the start. Gain more customers and profits.
    Me personally, Don't like them though other adults have the choice to poison themselves as they wish.

Quite a few falsehoods here. There are some vape products that are owned by big tobacco, and they are the ones that are FDA approved, so you can still buy them, but they suck.
    Jewel was the first big vape brand, helped many people quit tobacco, big tobacco did a 187 on them in order to kill competition.
    The ingredients in vape juice are vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, food flavorings, and nicotine. Now, list the ingredients in the average tobacco product, the list is so long, it would take 5 minutes of scrolling just to scroll past your post.
    Kids have always smoked, kids have always smoked weed, kids have always done drugs. None of this is new. This is a parent issue, not a "what's now available" issue.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Quite a few falsehoods here. There are some vape products that are owned by big tobacco, and they are the ones that are FDA approved, so you can still buy them, but they suck.
    Jewel was the first big vape brand, helped many people quit tobacco, big tobacco did a 187 on them in order to kill competition.
    The ingredients in vape juice are vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, food flavorings, and nicotine. Now, list the ingredients in the average tobacco product, the list is so long, it would take 5 minutes of scrolling just to scroll past your post.
    Kids have always smoked, kids have always smoked weed, kids have always done drugs. None of this is new. This is a parent issue, not a "what's now available" issue.
    Zyn supposedly has 2 ingredients. Nicotine salt and gum fibers. Nicotine itself in moderation is not bad for consumption any worse than caffeine. Just like caffeine it can have many benefits but also be unhealthy in high doses. I don’t think any of it’s healthy for you, especially at the ridiculously high levels Americans like to consume nicotine. I don’t think the government should be able to ban it though I think like many things it’s just another overreach and abuse of power.

Isn’t it still legal in MS and Texas? The first time they banned it I know a handful of people who were having disposable vapes mailed to them from vape shops in MS. A good friend of mine cold called several and got a few to agree to ship him what he wanted. I’m not advising anyone to break any laws just putting out information for free thinkers to do as they please with it.

Top Bottom