Alright, now I'm pissed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    There was another member on our F1 forum who was a machinist by trade. He got popped by the Feds making illegal silencers and converting semis to MGs. They found him guilty in fed court, and he committed suicide just before his sentencing hearing. He and his buddy got sloppy, and it cost him.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Ponder this: that NFA $200 tax has been the same price since 1934. Now how many other goods or services cost the same since 1934?

I know some of you here are pro gun rights big time, and think you should be able to buy and sell whatever your heart desires. And sell it to whomever you want regardless of their residency, or possible criminal history. Or sell your Glock 17 out of a car window to anybody with $400 cash, like ordering a happy meal. But can you imagine NOLA, DC, Baltimore, or Chicago today where these drug hooligans and gang members can readily get their hands on a MG? How about a 10" barreled M-16? Laud, the streets would run red! Bodies stacked high in the morgue. Can you imagine LE trying to wrangle that?
    I can't believe a gun owner says stuff like that... your views on freedom and liberty amaze me.

$200 was equal to an illegal taking in 1934.... it was more than many people made in a year. The reason they haven't raised the rate is they do not want to open that can of worms. The 1st challenge in 1939 was laughed out the lower court and was only overturned by SCOTUS because F-Troop lied like rug. The decision "US vs Miller 39" if you care to research it basically says military firearms (ie Machine Guns) are protected. The shotgun in question didn't meet that standard.

Now with the Buren and Chevron decisions they really REALLY don't want to rock the boat.

Attachments

• quote-trade-liberty-for-safety-or-money-and-you-ll-end-up-with-neither-liberty-like-a-grain-th...jpg
      quote-trade-liberty-for-safety-or-money-and-you-ll-end-up-with-neither-liberty-like-a-grain-th...jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 10

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    @GunRelated @thperez1972

Its for the Kids bro!!! I got 3 boys coming up in the world... we aint worried about the world on drugs, borders, fentanyl, tobacco, alcohol, taxs, gun rights, pedophiles, public school systems:doh: , man you need to take one for the team!!! You need to start taking some responsibility, we talking about your non toxic vapor you puffin into my kids breathing air space :dogkeke: !!!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I can't believe a gun owner says stuff like that... your views on freedom and liberty amaze me.
    So I guess by your comment you feel anyone should be able to walk into a gun shop today and purchase a MG?

And you are cool selling your Glock 17 out of a car window to anybody with $400 cash, like ordering a happy meal?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Then why don't we see more confiscated in shootings or crimes? I follow the news closely (especially on NFA items) and you might see 3 or 4 cases of illegal MG possession charges per year. It is pretty rare, fed charges, usually brought by and prosecuted by the ATF. Now glock switches, like I said above, they are all the rage.

Yeah I'm aware you can purchase M16 replacement parts (all the lower internals) today on the web. And a M-16 drill jig. Andrew with Otter Creek was selling the aluminum jigs before he went legit with F4 silencers. Andrew was on our F1 silencer forum for years before he opened Otter Creek. Years ago I thought about it, then thought better of it. All it takes is a loose lipped friend or family and, bingo, you get popped. Or busted somewhere in the woods ripping a mag by locals. $100k fine and up to 10 years in a fed prison. No thanks, I'll pass. I guarantee you a few guys here have homemade illegal MGs in their safes. Or the parts and a jig, ready to go.
    Maybe because it’s simply not reported on the news? Don’t believe me just go to YouTube and search Glock switches. You’ll find thousands of videos with people showing off plenty of them. I guess you also believe only things you see and hear on the news are true too right? If the news says it, it’s fact. If you don’t hear it on the news it doesn’t exist. Do you realize how crazy that sounds especially with the current state of all media outlets local and mainstream?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not the only one, obviously. Perez just so happens to have the hookup, for now. They will follow suit. This is a very recent change, apparently, most, but not all, sites have already followed orders given in order to protect their business. There are always some stragglers or rebels in these situations, I just happened to not find one in the half dozen sites I tried.

When all this infringement started way back when, the guy at the vape shop said shipping to Louisiana would also be restricted. The way I understood it was that it had to be signature required by someone 18 or older.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

$200 was equal to an illegal taking in 1934.... it was more than many people made in a year. The reason they haven't raised the rate is they do not want to open that can of worms. The 1st challenge in 1939 was laughed out the lower court and was only overturned by SCOTUS because F-Troop lied like rug. The decision "US vs Miller 39" if you care to research it basically says military firearms (ie Machine Guns) are protected. The shotgun in question didn't meet that standard.

Now with the Buren and Chevron decisions they really REALLY don't want to rock the boat.

I think this is the right video:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    So I guess by your comment you feel anyone should be able to walk into a gun shop today and purchase a MG?

And you are cool selling your Glock 17 out of a car window to anybody with $400 cash, like ordering a happy meal?
    Yes absolutely. If you can legally buy a gun you should be able to buy it in any variety you’d like.

You can already sell a Glock 17 out of a car window to anyone you choose. That’s not illegal unless you have knowledge that they are a felon or not a state resident.

Sometimes I wonder if you just pop back up from time to time to troll us with these outlandish takes or do you really believe the BS you spew?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Yes absolutely. If you can legally buy a gun you should be able to buy it in any variety you’d like.

You can already sell a Glock 17 out of a car window to anyone you choose. That’s not illegal unless you have knowledge that they are a felon or not a state resident.

Sometimes I wonder if you just pop back up from time to time to troll us with these outlandish takes or do you really believe the BS you spew?

I was not addressing you, but you always feel the need to add your two cents in. We have had a run in before, and clearly reading your last two comments, you are being abrasive and insulting. Why am I not surprised one bit?

gman3214

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 25, 2022
    Meatire
    It was pretty funny a year ago in California was there for job training deal. There was so much money made by people running from Las Vegas to other outlying towns.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Then why don't we see more confiscated in shootings or crimes? I follow the news closely (especially on NFA items) and you might see 3 or 4 cases of illegal MG possession charges per year. It is pretty rare, fed charges, usually brought by and prosecuted by the ATF. Now glock switches, like I said above, they are all the rage.

Yeah I'm aware you can purchase M16 replacement parts (all the lower internals) today on the web. And a M-16 drill jig. Andrew with Otter Creek was selling the aluminum jigs before he went legit with F4 silencers. Andrew was on our F1 silencer forum for years before he opened Otter Creek. Years ago I thought about it, then thought better of it. All it takes is a loose lipped friend or family and, bingo, you get popped. Or busted somewhere in the woods ripping a mag by locals. $100k fine and up to 10 years in a fed prison. No thanks, I'll pass. I guarantee you a few guys here have homemade illegal MGs in their safes. Or the parts and a jig, ready to go.
    You don't see them on the news, because they don't fit the narrative that the news wants to push. All you have to do is get on social media and you'll see probably hundreds of videos of the usual suspects with Glock switches, waving them around for the world to see, or even having shootouts with them. The only ones you see on the news, typically, involves the average middle class / blue collar white guy.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    @GunRelated @thperez1972

Its for the Kids bro!!! I got 3 boys coming up in the world... we aint worried about the world on drugs, borders, fentanyl, tobacco, alcohol, taxs, gun rights, pedophiles, public school systems:doh: , man you need to take one for the team!!! You need to start taking some responsibility, we talking about your non toxic vapor you puffin into my kids breathing air space :dogkeke: !!!
    I'll voluntarily take one for the team, when all the tobacco or alcohol users also volunteer.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Maybe because it’s simply not reported on the news? Don’t believe me just go to YouTube and search Glock switches. You’ll find thousands of videos with people showing off plenty of them. I guess you also believe only things you see and hear on the news are true too right? If the news says it, it’s fact. If you don’t hear it on the news it doesn’t exist. Do you realize how crazy that sounds especially with the current state of all media outlets local and mainstream?
    Beat me to it

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    When all this infringement started way back when, the guy at the vape shop said shipping to Louisiana would also be restricted. The way I understood it was that it had to be signature required by someone 18 or older.
    They started the signature require around that time, but I *might* have signed for one package. The age verification was also implemented around this time. Have not had any issues until now.

Top Bottom