Alright, now I'm pissed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    Both are nicotine products. A lot of people use vapes to quit tobacco. Other people might enjoy nicotine but don't like using tobacco to consume it.
    Of course, this ban is camouflaged in a "public safety" suit, because it's always about our safety, and the kids, don't forget about the kids, we definitely all want the kids safe - here ya go kid, have a carton of cigs and a bottle of Jack, much safer than that vape, and you'll look cooler while you do it, and I'll get to keep my lobby $ - basically what it boils down to.
    Maybe a tad cynical but absolutely bang on.

I'll stick to keeping a dog or a cat as opposed to a politician though . . .

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    At almost $10 bucks a pack for premium cigarettes , that's like putting a $200 tax on a MG, SBR, or Silencer, then making it illegal to make anymore for MG for sale.... oh they did that already

Ponder this: that NFA $200 tax has been the same price since 1934. Now how many other goods or services cost the same since 1934?

I know some of you here are pro gun rights big time, and think you should be able to buy and sell whatever your heart desires. And sell it to whomever you want regardless of their residency, or possible criminal history. Or sell your Glock 17 out of a car window to anybody with $400 cash, like ordering a happy meal. But can you imagine NOLA, DC, Baltimore, or Chicago today where these drug hooligans and gang members can readily get their hands on a MG? How about a 10" barreled M-16? Laud, the streets would run red! Bodies stacked high in the morgue. Can you imagine LE trying to wrangle that?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Zyn supposedly has 2 ingredients. Nicotine salt and gum fibers. Nicotine itself in moderation is not bad for consumption any worse than caffeine. Just like caffeine it can have many benefits but also be unhealthy in high doses. I don’t think any of it’s healthy for you, especially at the ridiculously high levels Americans like to consume nicotine. I don’t think the government should be able to ban it though I think like many things it’s just another overreach and abuse of power.

Isn’t it still legal in MS and Texas? The first time they banned it I know a handful of people who were having disposable vapes mailed to them from vape shops in MS. A good friend of mine cold called several and got a few to agree to ship him what he wanted. I’m not advising anyone to break any laws just putting out information for free thinkers to do as they please with it.
    Already pondering this option, although I believe it would be a bit of a pain in the ass since it seems as though the billing address has to be in those states, from what I can tell.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Ponder this: that NFA $200 tax has been the same price since 1934. Now how many other goods or services cost the same since 1934?

I know some of you here are pro gun rights big time, and think you should be able to buy and sell whatever your heart desires. And sell it to whomever you want regardless of their residency, or possible criminal history. Or sell your Glock 17 out of a car window to anybody with $400 cash, like ordering a happy meal. But can you imagine NOLA, DC, Baltimore, or Chicago today where these drug hooligans and gang members can readily get their hands on a MG? How about a 10" barreled M-16? Laud, the streets would run red! Bodies stacked high in the morgue. Can you imagine LE trying to wrangle that?
    They are much more readily available to these people than they are to the law abiding person. Nothing would change, except our access to these weapons, and a lot of people would lose a lot of $ on the value of their collections.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Wow, I had no idea this new law came into effect. Thanks for the post. I stockpiled a ton a while back on the cheap. Being a blue collar that works outside, there was never anybody who could tell me I couldn’t smoke. The vape was a godsend and I’ve been vaping since 2012 to kick my cigarette habit. My wife gets those medical digest magazines and info from work with more and more studies on complications from vaping. I’m getting up in age and the pressure is on from the miss to quit. Me quitting vaping might mean im likely to hear less b!itching if I bring a new gun home.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Wow, I had no idea this new law came into effect. Thanks for the post. I stockpiled a ton a while back on the cheap. Being a blue collar that works outside, there was never anybody who could tell me I couldn’t smoke. The vape was a godsend and I’ve been vaping since 2012 to kick my cigarette habit. My wife gets those medical digest magazines and info from work with more and more studies on complications from vaping. I’m getting up in age and the pressure is on from the miss to quit. Me quitting vaping might mean im likely to hear less b!itching if I bring a new gun home.
    Negative Jethro Negative, Abort that way of thinking, Women will forever find something to ''B'' about.
    Just go on about you're business and learn how to turn off , tune out, and say Yes Dear every so often!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

I don’t think you’re that naive are you? Do you really think all of this stuff isn’t readily available on the black market already?

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Ponder this: that NFA $200 tax has been the same price since 1934. Now how many other goods or services cost the same since 1934?....

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning. ATF - providing goods and services. OMG That is rich! Are you excited about all the new fully armed IRS agents training to provide "goods and services" ?

snoopy laughing.gif

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I don’t think you’re that naive are you? Do you really think all of this stuff isn’t readily available on the black market already?
    No I am not. But the numbers would be times 20 if anybody could legally purchase a new MG today. From thefts and burglaries. And some people would sell to anyone for the right price. Person to person, cash money. That has been prove right here on BS in the past. Not wide spread, but a few.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    No I am not. But the numbers would be times 20 if anybody could legally purchase a new MG today. From thefts and burglaries. And some people would sell to anyone for the right price. Person to person, cash money. That has been prove right here on BS in the past. Not wide spread, but a few.
    It cost less than a dollar to print a “switch” for a Glock or any other stiker fired handgun. They can be found all over the internet in plain site. I’ve come across them on eBay and Amazon in the past. If you think for a second that the individuals who want them don’t have them because of the laws in place then you’re being extremely naive. The guys who don’t have them are the ones who don’t want to risk prison time. The individuals committing violent crimes don’t care about prison time or the law. Theirs more machine guns illegally on the streets than you think and that’s just the ones that are confiscated that we find out about. For a couple hundred dollars you can get a carbine kit and switch and have a fully functional machine gun in a rifle like format.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Studies that were published by tobacco owned "scientists" or "doctors"

I'm not saying that vaping is healthy, but there is more propaganda against it than truth.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't mean to derail this threat with an on topic post but my package has already shipped. Or at least a label with a tracking number was created.

https://www.vapecentralgroup.com/

They almost always have a 25-30% coupon code on the mail page and they have free shipping for orders over $100. I ordered 8 disposable vapes for $113. $14.25 for a 7000 disposable after tax isn't too bad.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    That cannot be, @GunRelated said absolutely no shipments to LA.
    I'm not the only one, obviously. Perez just so happens to have the hookup, for now. They will follow suit. This is a very recent change, apparently, most, but not all, sites have already followed orders given in order to protect their business. There are always some stragglers or rebels in these situations, I just happened to not find one in the half dozen sites I tried.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't mean to derail this threat with an on topic post but my package has already shipped. Or at least a label with a tracking number was created.

https://www.vapecentralgroup.com/

They almost always have a 25-30% coupon code on the mail page and they have free shipping for orders over $100. I ordered 8 disposable vapes for $113. $14.25 for a 7000 disposable after tax isn't too bad.
    I appreciate the plug, I'll give it a shot.
    I have been using White Horse for the past year or so. The last time I ordered, the raz and the geekbar 9000(?) were like $12 or $13, shipped free over $29. Your site seems to be a slight increase in price, but one can not complain, given the situation.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Theirs more machine guns illegally on the streets than you think and that’s just the ones that are confiscated that we find out about. For a couple hundred dollars you can get a carbine kit and switch and have a fully functional machine gun in a rifle like format.
    Then why don't we see more confiscated in shootings or crimes? I follow the news closely (especially on NFA items) and you might see 3 or 4 cases of illegal MG possession charges per year. It is pretty rare, fed charges, usually brought by and prosecuted by the ATF. Now glock switches, like I said above, they are all the rage.

Yeah I'm aware you can purchase M16 replacement parts (all the lower internals) today on the web. And a M-16 drill jig. Andrew with Otter Creek was selling the aluminum jigs before he went legit with F4 silencers. Andrew was on our F1 silencer forum for years before he opened Otter Creek. Years ago I thought about it, then thought better of it. All it takes is a loose lipped friend or family and, bingo, you get popped. Or busted somewhere in the woods ripping a mag by locals. $100k fine and up to 10 years in a fed prison. No thanks, I'll pass. I guarantee you a few guys here have homemade illegal MGs in their safes. Or the parts and a jig, ready to go.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom