Am I the only one who thinks this looks a little hokey?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I mean, how is he going to get anything you want from Best Buy or Macy's if he's desperate for cash?

29awc52.png

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Store credit cards possibly. Or he's a really good shoplifter who wouldn't pass the background check.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Some retail employees get store-credit bonuses or gift cards. Maybe he got a pretty good bonus, but doesn't want to spend it at the stores he's got credit at.

That's the best guess.

My main guess is that he can make things 'fall off a truck' at either place.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I think he obviously has credit cards that he is about to default on and he wants to max out and barter the merchandise. His character is shady and I would avoid this.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    this. they do it all the time

I would agree if it was one place, but there's only one truck going to best buy and macy's and it carries cash. I think he's broke and his credit is going to **** and he's just going to max out those two cards before they are cut off anyway. Seen a guy in college do this exact thing, he would always pay for extravagant meals for a lil cash for gas money. And the old truck gig isn't anything new, so I believe most of these places like Best Buy, Sears, ect... use a scanning system and the trucks all have GPS's they know every stop every time the door opens, what's scanned out on the truck. It would take a lot of people involved to get stuff out the back door on the truck that will not be noticed. But stores gearing up for the holidays I'm sure puts a strain on these systems and stuff can slip out.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I used to unload trucks for Best Buy when I first moved down here. The inventory system isn't all that advanced and there are still occasional discrepancies.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    My guess is that he has Best Buy & Macy's credit cards. He either doesn't have enough credit to get a visa / Mastercard or his other cards are maxed out. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but it used to be easier to get department store credit cards than a Visa, etc. Back in the day when I worked at Campo, our store card required less credit to get one. Sears was the easiest by far.

Top Bottom