Ammo TAX coming-from someone in the know

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Talking to a "super city" employee today while ammo browsing. He has been told that early in 2009 a 100% TAX will be implemented on all ammo sales.

He also said an elederly man in his 80"s came in the other day and bought over $500 in shotgun shells. He asked him why so much and he said he is worried a "war" is coming.

Also, they have sold all their semi-auto rifles this week.

We all need to keep our eyes and ears open.

I juust heard on Fox news that nations around the world are saying that our new Pres. may be the one to bring peace to all the world.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    More speculation. No one knows what is going to happen.

True, no one knows for sure about tomorrow. However, it is good to know just what might be on the horizon, especially when heard from "reasonably credible" sources. After all, I think that the information that is passing thru our forums is a heck of alot more reliable than we are getting from the Media.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    You know, what would have happened to the American revolution if no one had paid attention to Paul Revere.

Take the information you are getting from our posts however you desire but I am keeping my eyes and ears open.

Paul Revere may still be riding among us, his spirit, anyway.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What kind you smoke?

These....

Oh wait. You can't read or see this unless you are a Premium member. :o

I smoke only the gooda ones! Tonight, I will be smoking either an Ashton VSG Sorcerer or a AF Don Carlos Doble Robusto. The AFDC has about 7 years on it! ;) Not many in that box left. Glad I have a few other boxes left. :D The Ashton has only about 4 years on it. I have some Abita Beer Amber so haven't decided yet. Running to the store, will decide on the way back.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    True, no one knows for sure about tomorrow. However, it is good to know just what might be on the horizon, especially when heard from "reasonably credible" sources. After all, I think that the information that is passing thru our forums is a heck of alot more reliable than we are getting from the Media.

I suggest having more than one source to verify information. If it cannot be verified by more than one source, then chances are the information is more speculation, and rumor. Follow up on this and keep us posted.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I like to consider myself credible.. I hardly ever lie..

So Im gonna tell you that there will be a 200% drop in helicopter parts ... So when the New World Order comes around we can all afford helicopters... How awesome is that...

We cant afford ammo or weapons but we can drop rocks on them from huey's....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Write it down... Its true...

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Panic buying is good for the economy. Its just bad for those that want to put off buying stuff they will need in the future.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    GW750H600

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    i heard there are some caves that are 400 years old that have MINT, never been fired blunderbusses and thousands of kegs of black powder. but the caves are guarded by traps!

(i may have read about it here... i cant remember)

Top Bottom