Ammunition Reply.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Patriot 1911, Everyone can not stand in line at Academy, Bass Pro, Cabela's for 2 hours hoping to get 2 boxes of ammunition and some respond by purchasing at inflated prices but everyone knows what you are referring to. I am one that can not stand for 2 hours. Your post in the classifieds belongs here where anyone can respond.

DiverKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    I recently picked up a couple 200 round boxes of green tip at Academy for $129 each. Just sayin, and I didn’t have to wait in line. :)

Last edited:

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    Ammo comes and goes at Academy, and they definitely have more now than the last 6 months or so. I've never been able to camp out in the AM and usually try to run there after work around 5:30. By then the 22lr is long gone. Been hunting the elusive bulk packs for months now. Apocalypse Sports just posted on their page 115gr 9mm 50 round for $35 plus tax. That's retail. How can you bag on anyone posting anything for sale at retail... the only time you should lose money on a sale is if it's used, beat to hell, or you're needing cash fast. Just like rare guns command higher prices, rare or in demand ammo can also.

Tax is paid by the purchaser of anything out of a store, but it seems to magically not count when you post items for sale on here. I don't get that.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I was able to hit up Academy twice a day between different locations in the New Orleans area for the last 4 days. Each visit was 5-15 minutes. I managed to get five 20rd 5.56, three 50rd 9mm Winchester steel case, one Winchester 100rd 9mm brass, one Silvertip .380, one 500rd Winchester.22, and one 120rd Browning .223.

I have only showed up at Academy for 9am on 2 occasions. The wait in line was no more than 15 minutes.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    Are you looking for ammo? I don't ever mind picking up ammo for someone for a few dollars above what I get Academy. I usually tack on 2-5 cents per round to cover my fuel cost, and a toy/snack for my kid.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Beware of Patriot1911 (Louis). He and I spoke multiple times over the course of a week or so, agreed on a fair trade, set up a time and date to meet, and then he just completely ghosted me. Quit responding to texts, emails, and phone calls. A shame because he sounds like a very nice dude on the phone. I don’t care at all or have any problem with someone changing their mind and deciding they no longer want an item or no longer feel comfortable with the trade or whatever the case may be. That happens, people have every right to change their mind. But I will never understand someone being so rude and inconsiderate as to just completely ignore the other party. Especially after multiple very pleasant phone conversations. I would never do such a thing to someone. A simple text saying you decided to keep it, or you changed your mind, whatever. But to completely just ghost someone is extremely rude. It was even a trade that leaned in his favor. I just don’t understand why some people lack common decency. Anyway, happy Saturday!

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Academy sports in Hammond right now. .223/5.56 in stock

925befbcf452a431c158852f8cb85b30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Patriot 1911, Everyone can not stand in line at Academy, Bass Pro, Cabela's for 2 hours hoping to get 2 boxes of ammunition and some respond by purchasing at inflated prices but everyone knows what you are referring to. I am one that can not stand for 2 hours. Your post in the classifieds belongs here where anyone can respond.
    Who said anything about waiting in line? I’ve been trying to tell people for months now academy has ammo daily and no lines. I either stop in on my way to or from work. For some odd reason although I post pictures and used to update what was available all the time people just refuse to believe it.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Academy on the West Bank had tons of .223 and 5.55 at 6pm tonight. I was able to get 2 of the Browning 120rd boxes after work today.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I didn’t need any ammo but the academy associate asked if I wanted a box with my handgun purchase. He said they keep some aside for customers who purchase a firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Academy on the West Bank had tons of .223 and 5.55 at 6pm tonight. I was able to get 2 of the Browning 120rd boxes after work today.
    Someone finally gets it lol glad you decided to stop in and grab you some ammo after work. I keep telling people it’s that easy and it’s not just my local academy because I do this often when traveling for work.

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    I was in the Houma Academy yesterday picking up a few things (not ammo). They have lots of ammo on the front counter. The 120 packs of Browning .223 were $72.99 plus tax. They also had some steel case 5.56 but I didn't see the price. Had plenty other calibers in stock. No 22lr that I saw. I didn't purchase any because I have quite a bit already.

Top Bottom