And the best metal framed 9mm is...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I've always favored plastic guns, but from my limited experiences I'd say something made by CZ. They fit well and the ones I've shot all had phenominal triggers and great accuracy. Couldn't even tell ya the model names though.

The P7 is a work of mechanical art. To me it is incredibly impractical, but shoots like it was made by a Swiss watchmaker.

Those two, in addition to a Beretta M9 (for no other reason than I've always wanted one) are about the only metal 9mm's I can imagine in my safe.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    I was lucky enough to handle and shoot 2 Swenson's and 1 Pachmayer Combat Special a few years ago. Flawless and ALL handwork.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    I cant' say it's the best, but it is certainly the best for me. Tanfoglio Match in 9mm. Why? I threw (no ******** here) 70,000 rounds down range before I had to start replacing parts. Reliability, reliability, reliability. This was my first handgun purchase, the only issues I ever had in the process of dumping 70,000 were as a result of being a noob at shooting and reloading.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm a big fan of the P7. I'd put it in the top ten for sure. Heck I even shot a steel match or two with mine.

Are we talking about the most innovative design or ground breaking for the 9mm Luger? Something that has changed the market for ever? Well GLOCK did that in 9mm.

However in metal framed 9mm's the CZ75, the Sig P226, and the Hi Power all would be contenders for the top spot.

For innovation the P38 would be hard to beat. It's descendants are still being carried today by the US Army. But in terms of a modern 9mm? No it wouldn't be in the top ten.

Dave

Cajun_arShooter

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Metairie, SeLa
    I thought it was universally known that the smith and wesson 6" 952 was the best 9mm pistol ever , its practically a work of art and probably couldn't ever own one .
    The why ? two words ,Performance Center !

I can't believe it hasn't even been mentioned!

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I thought it was universally known that the smith and wesson 6" 952 was the best 9mm pistol ever , its practically a work of art and probably couldn't ever own one.

I can't believe it hasn't even been mentioned!

I was reading this and wondered the same thing. My STI Ranger II is a very sweet little 9mm pistol, but that S&W is sexy. I was looking at them today. Of course, I look at them fairly regularly, but just can't talk myself into coming off that much coin!

67212.jpg

Cajun_arShooter

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Metairie, SeLa
    As sin-ster said this ain't no slouch either
    SIG 226 X5 OPEN MSRP $3500

I got to say this is a real piece of work too.
    SIG 226 X6 PPC 6" MSRP $3200

Attachments

• 10276961.JPG
      10276961.JPG
      55.1 KB · Views: 47
    • pix677102789.jpg
      pix677102789.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 42
    Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    A "Real" M11 marked SiG 228. Reliable, rugged, concealable and a rare good factory finish from SiG as well as coated internals. Just an all around good warhorse. The M9 works but it is way too damn big to be considered the best of anything. Unfortunately for metal gun fans all of the best 9mm designs are now polymer framed.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    kahr k9, cause it will be the first all metal gun i own whenever the hell it finally gets to F.I.T.S.
    once i get the wood grips for it, it will be a very handsome peice.
    wouldnt mind gettin my paws on a cz75 stainless. or a beretta 92fs inox.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Beretta M9 -92 FS! With proper maint and care is eextreamly reliable and can constatly hit anything between 7 and 50m. Plus it keeps all the girly guys with small hands from trying to look cool shooting your pistol in a group :D. Once you get a 92 broke in it's such a joy to shoot everything else isn't good enough. Close runner up for me is Sig 226.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    My Ruger P89 has been a great gun. It is big any very well built. I have been shooting it for about 17 years now and it has never had any kind of malfunction at all.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    A "Real" M11 marked SiG 228. Reliable, rugged, concealable and a rare good factory finish from SiG as well as coated internals. Just an all around good warhorse. The M9 works but it is way too damn big to be considered the best of anything. Unfortunately for metal gun fans all of the best 9mm designs are now polymer framed.
    I really like the m11 also but for me I can throw up and hit better with m9 and the M11 is 13 rds m9 has very reliable 18 rders. I like big guns. Just don't get any older checkmate mags.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    My vote is for the CZ75B followed closely by the Beretta 92/M9. The CZ has a natural balance and feel to it that to me is unmatched in a mass produced handgun, plenty of rounds available, and mine have eaten all that I feed them. Got rid of my polymer guns after getting into the CZs and some of their clones.....

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    "THIS!!! ENOUGH SAID!"

ipw9vykqdqkain0868ro.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

While I wasn't exactly considering LARGO when I said 9mm...:)

Relax, just yanking the chain...just yanking the chain.

Do kind of dig the factory pearls if that is what they are. Probably not easy to locate a set of those, particularly if they are original to the gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom