And the best metal framed 9mm is...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    My CZ SP-01 Shadow is the best steel framed 9mm I have ever shot. Granted, I haven't shot nearly as many as most of you, but it is a really good gun. The sights are nice, the trigger is better than nice, and the ergonomics are even better than better than nice.

All that being said, my XDM 5.25 is more accurate. I hate that it is, but it is just the same.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    +1 for Browning High Power. We have a real Browning, a Daley HP, and South American HP and they are all awsome. JMB got it right.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    There are a couple 9mm "Wildcats" that offer sick numbers. I know a Cop in Tennessee who walks the walk and carry's a Springfield Pro in 9x23.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    While I wasn't exactly considering LARGO when I said 9mm...:)

LOL All Good:}
    However; now that i understand the question a little better we can also reccomend one in regular 9mm:}
    Enjoy you self!!!

Oh the grips on the 9mm Largo pistol came from Spain, thanks for the compliment!

ju459rijtnetad5fou46.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    As far a steel 9mm guns go I am torn between the BHP and the CZ75/Clones. I prefer the feel of the BHP but agree that the safety needs work and the mag disconnect has to go. The cz75 is double action and seems to be slightly more accurate in my hands than the various BHPs I have shot/owned. S&W 3rd gen autos come in at a close 2nd, just like the way the feel and shoot.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    A "Real" M11 marked SiG 228. Reliable, rugged, concealable and a rare good factory finish from SiG as well as coated internals. Just an all around good warhorse. The M9 works but it is way too damn big to be considered the best of anything. Unfortunately for metal gun fans all of the best 9mm designs are now polymer framed.

Oddly enough, this turned out to be my opinion too. I went in the past week and handled, ALL NIB models of Beretta 92 Inox and M9's, Sigs of various vintage (not all NIB), Hi Powers and an STI Spartan. Now the Hi Powers , the STI and the Beretta's were all very, very nice but...I ended up buying a G17 Talo with the "Fail Zero" finish. Two reasons. A) I wanted to put the super finish rep of Fail Zero to my own personal carry testing and B) when you see what each version offers vs it's price point it's just hard to top combat tupperware. For price points from between $100 - $300 less than the models listed, I got Glock reliability and customization potential (pretty hard to beat the amount of doo dads available and their price points, with do it yourself installation to boot) along with a delightful set of Heinie ledge trits. Looking forward to wringing this one out in the comming week but am not expecting any suprises frankly.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Would you take a Fail Zero G17 and a left leg for that Operator?

Just kidding but AWESOME gun for that Operator. Thanks for the drool worthy pic. :)

Last edited:

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    Would you take a Fail Zero G19 and a left leg for that Operator?

Just kidding but AWESOME gun for that Operator. Thanks for the drool worthy pic. :)

Haha, thanks. It cost me an arm and a leg and an 11 month wait for the thing when I ordered it in Aug 2008.

I've contemplated selling it a few times, but cannot bring myself to do it.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    That is indeed a 1911 worthy of drools. I have a feeling that I'd also be like you in that I would not be able to bring myself to sell it, even if my life depended on it. LOL

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Haha, thanks. It cost me an arm and a leg and an 11 month wait for the thing when I ordered it in Aug 2008.

I've contemplated selling it a few times, but cannot bring myself to do it.
    yeah after all that wait to get it, i think youd regret selling it.
    i just got my first metal framed pistol, a kahr k9, its amazing in my hand. i really like the weight of the steel.

scottybaw

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    Browning High Power, I own four and I love each one of them, easy to shoot for little people like me and very accurate. Fairly left hand friendly which is more than I can say for about 98% of all pistols out there except HK which I also own.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    SIG P226
    Why? Cuz it works!

Also adopted by the Navy SEALS.......GOOD enough for them (at anytime of the Navy History) Good enough for me!

Now since this was about the 9mm is why I stated the P226, otherwise I would have gone with the P229 since that is my daily carry.......OHHHH and yeah with a BUG being the Sig P238, so Metal OR plastic I am still all about the STEEL!

And yeah I also agree with DMH, the good ole FN is a HARD to beat HG without a doubt, I just perfer to carry the Sig's! Maybe it's because I have put more rounds thru them and feel more comfortable with it!

So there's the what and why!

KT

ETA: correct spelling......HAS got to be KEYBOARD ERRORS! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom