another new toy thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Not to be out done by Dan and LSP.....for your viewing pleasure:
    and the price was right (free). Soon to be the subject of a "polishing a turd" thread.

rustycommander.jpg

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    yikes. what a mess. i like it though, thats going to be fun to work with. the wheels in my head are turning just looking at it. i have a soft spot in my heart for beater 1911's

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Sometimes people just give you stuff. I have a Colt double action (New Army) in .45 Colt that someone gave to me. Of course not before some previous owner nickeled it and ruined the collector value. :wtc:

Last edited:

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    How the hell did you manage to get a 1911 fo' free??

What brand is it?? I'm getting thrown off by the out of place hammer........

It's Colt Combat Commander, in what's left of satin nickel. A friend asked if I would be interested in a pistol thats rusty and don't work. He handed over the colt. It had a plunger tube that came loose jamming the thumb safety. I re-staked it.

As far as the hammer is concerned it is an original hammer designed for the commander. It shoots to point of aim, holds the 10 ring on a B27 at 20 yds. rusted bore and all. I just dropped some oil on the rails and bushing fit and it ran several mags of my reloads thru it with out hiccup.

Last edited:

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    It's Colt Combat Commander, in what's left of satin nickel. A friend asked if I would be interested in a pistol thats rusty and don't work. He handed over the colt. It had a plunger tube that came loose jamming the thumb safety. I re-staked it.

As far as the hammer is concerned it is an original hammer designed for the commander. It shoots to point of aim, holds the 10 ring on a B27 at 20 yds. rusted bore and all. I just dropped some oil on the rails and bushing fit and it ran several mags of my reloads thru it with out hiccup.

:rockon:

Top Bottom