Another reason why I don't do Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I will not go to the WW2 museum, again, either. Went there last year, for the 3rd time, and I walked in with a group of people, one of whom was in a wheelchair. I had walked up the stairs and was in the merchant marine section, about 200 feet, before the security guards tracked me down, asked me to walk back with them to the security desk and started asking if I had a weapon, even though there are no signs restricting firearms.

I don't answer questions. I don't consent to a search. Am I being detained? Bye.

They need to go across the street and pay attention to some of their own exhibits.
    What prompted them to ask if you had a weapon? What were you wearing? Were you printing? They don't just ask people if they have a weapon...

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    What prompted them to ask if you had a weapon? What were you wearing? Were you printing? They don't just ask people if they have a weapon...
    I've been a few times while carrying. I walk through the metal detector and it lights up. I then walk straight to their desk and they check my chp lic and then I go about my business.

They could easily say "no guns allowed" as some places do. So I'm OK with it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've been a few times while carrying. I walk through the metal detector and it lights up. I then walk straight to their desk and they check my chp lic and then I go about my business.

They could easily say "no guns allowed" as some places do. So I'm OK with it.
    So you handle it calmly instead of turtling up and going on about "yer rights"?

How have you found being calm and respectful works?

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    So you handle it calmly instead of turtling up and going on about "yer rights"?

How have you found being calm and respectful works?
    Yeah i mean the security guards didn't make a big deal out of it. As soon as the detector lit up, we both looked at each other and he understood, ...he then smiled and said "it's okay sir.. Just come on up." In a nice calm voice. I didn't have to show my gun, he didn't make it look like I was in trouble. It honestly looked like two people having a normal conversation.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah i mean the security guards didn't make a big deal out of it. As soon as the detector lit up, we both looked at each other and he understood, ...he then smiled and said "it's okay sir.. Just come on up." In a nice calm voice. I didn't have to show my gun, he didn't make it look like I was in trouble. It honestly looked like two people having a normal conversation.
    Wow! So he didn't violate your rights after that? So strange...

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I will not go to the WW2 museum, again, either. Went there last year, for the 3rd time, and I walked in with a group of people, one of whom was in a wheelchair. I had walked up the stairs and was in the merchant marine section, about 200 feet, before the security guards tracked me down, asked me to walk back with them to the security desk and started asking if I had a weapon, even though there are no signs restricting firearms.

I don't answer questions. I don't consent to a search. Am I being detained? Bye.

They need to go across the street and pay attention to some of their own exhibits.
    Have you been watching Sovereign Citizen videos on Youtube?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    IMG_20240131_122749195.jpg

I live in New Orleans and I see accidents and vehicle fires on a regular basis. The most dangerous thing you can do is drive in New Orleans. This one was on a hurry, but caught fire instead.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Wut?

Grocery stores? Walking down the street? Movie theaters? Annnnd 98% of places that most people go...?
    Many/most are no firearms.

Firearms are prohibited at:
    Walmart, Whole Foods, Target, mainstream Theaters, Costco, Buffalo Wild-wings, Commiefornia Pizza Kitchen, Jack In the Box, Whataburger, Hooters, Outback, Carrabbas, Chipolte, Waffle House, Chuck E Cheese, Dominoes, Panera Bread, Pizza Hut, Peete's coffee, Chillis, Sonic, Sprouts, CVS, Walgreens, in Lyft rides, Uber rides, and at all major Malls.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Walmart, Whole Foods, Target, mainstream Theaters, Costco, Buffalo Wild-wings, Commiefornia Pizza Kitchen, Jack In the Box, Whataburger, Hooters, Outback, Carrabbas, Chipolte, Waffle House, Chuck E Cheese, Dominoes, Panera Bread, Pizza Hut, Peete's coffee, Chillis, Sonic, Sprouts, CVS, Walgreens, in Lyft rides, Uber rides, and at all major Malls.
    Never seen that list.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Never seen that list.
    I wonder how many people who live carefully, to not break any laws, have broken the law without knowing it, and how would they feel about living with the consequences?

Surely there is a much more exhaustive list somewhere. I pulled most of that list from an 8 year old article, so you know there are a TON more places on the list since then.

I'd venture to bet that if it's a chain store that has stores in Cali, NY, or Ill it has firearm prohibition as a general rule and likely a sign posted somewhere.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Costco, CVS, Panera Bread, Target, Chipolte, Whole Foods, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chuck E Cheese, Jack In the Box, Hooters, Outback, Carrabba's, Waffle House, Peet's coffee, Sonic, Sprouts, and Uber have a policy that firearms are prohibited in their businesses.

Walmart, Walgreens, Chili's, Whataburger, and Commiefornia Pizza Kitchen only discourage open carry.

Whataburger said they only discourage open carry. They added they do not prohibit legal concealed carry.

I could not find a policy for Lyft, Domino's, or Pizza Hut that applied to the customer, only ones that applied to the employees.

At any rate, they are all company policies. They don't have the force of law. The most they can lead to is a trespassing charge if you don't leave when asked. Except for Costco. Because they are a membership establishment, they can revoke that establishment.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Costco, CVS, Panera Bread, Target, Chipolte, Whole Foods, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chuck E Cheese, Jack In the Box, Hooters, Outback, Carrabba's, Waffle House, Peet's coffee, Sonic, Sprouts, and Uber have a policy that firearms are prohibited in their businesses.

Walmart, Walgreens, Chili's, Whataburger, and Commiefornia Pizza Kitchen only discourage open carry.

Whataburger said they only discourage open carry. They added they do not prohibit legal concealed carry.

I could not find a policy for Lyft, Domino's, or Pizza Hut that applied to the customer, only ones that applied to the employees.

At any rate, they are all company policies. They don't have the force of law. The most they can lead to is a trespassing charge if you don't leave when asked. Except for Costco. Because they are a membership establishment, they can revoke that establishment.
    You're right, some of that list isn't accurate, the list I pulled from didn't provide the full context.

Concealed Carry Permits require you to adhere to signage, don't they? Doesn't the CCW/CHP gives you specific guidelines that you are required to follow or you're violating the conditions of the permit and breaking the law?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You're right, some of that list isn't accurate, the list I pulled from didn't provide the full context.

Concealed Carry Permits require you to adhere to signage, don't they? Doesn't the CCW/CHP gives you specific guidelines that you are required to follow or you're violating the conditions of the permit and breaking the law?

If you are required to follow signs, there would need to be signs for you to follow. I don't recall ever seeing any signs on the doors of any of those establishments.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

I go to many of those places and the only one where I saw a sign was Whole foods, so I don't shop there, but I did drive through their parking lot the morning after Donald Trump was elected to honk my horn and rub it in to their employees as they walked to the entrance.
    Yes, a bunch of the girls who work there were crying in the parking lot before work because Hillary lost. I laughed at them after they cursed me out

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Concealed = concealed until you are in jail and lose your job for getting arrested for illegal carrying of a firearm.

Subsection nine, above, disallows carrying at a parade. People will debate over the "in" vs "at", but the easiest option is to just not go to parades, especially in New Orleans.
    You don’t get arrested and lose your job or get butt raped by big bubba just for having a concealed weapon. Someone who actually knows the law please step in. Geez liberal alert lol. As stated above, judged by 12 not carried by six! Shall not be infringed!!!!

Top Bottom