Another reason why I don't do Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Mardi Gras is literally pure trash, it's not religious or genuinely cultural anymore, and it's people celebrating garbage being thrown in the streets & waterways.

An article came out last year, Microplastics have been found in the human bloodstream and heart tissue.

This year an article came out, Microplastics found in all American store bought protein. Another said that Microplastics are commonly found in some bottled water.

Mardi Gras has turned into a Chinese Economy Boosting Pollutionfest that is part of a problem that might literally destroy American Health and Ecosystems, and it's ultimately benefitting one of the nations that may turn us into dust in the almost-certainly coming war of Ruling Classes.

If they aren't dropping a chicken for your kids to catch it's not cultural mardi gras, it's just a hedonism/lust festival. Throwing/catching/drinking poison and watching tourists flash their privates should never be allowed to be disguised as either culturally important or beneficial.

Go to Mamou, while it's still a family place.

People will ruin it just like everything else, but for now it should still be gtg.
    Are you telling me that you don’t like the throwing of the plastics after those college girls show you their headlights??? :doh::bs:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Are you telling me that you don’t like the throwing of the plastics after those college girls show you their headlights??? :doh::bs:
    Google: "Big Tatas" or "Tiny Tatas" and you get pictures of better than what's there, and they are just as available for squeezing on in most cases (they are not, unless you arrange it...lol).

Saves gas, not as many drunk people (may be a higher % of drunk people at home but the number of drunks is likely way lower!), can legally be armed to the teeth, and you don't even have to put shoes on!

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Google: "Big Tatas" or "Tiny Tatas" and you get pictures of better than what's there, and they are just as available for squeezing on in most cases (they are not, unless you arrange it...lol).

Saves gas, not as many drunk people (may be a higher % of drunk people at home but the number of drunks is likely way lower!), can legally be armed to the teeth, and you don't even have to put shoes on!
    Roflol yes!!! You would think at some point they would find a way to make this family friendly…. I remember being a kid and going to Nola for vacation and the best part was getting those beignets and going into the shops and seeing the booby beads and the occasional set of rubber boobies on the shelf thinking, man I gotta touch those without being caught…. :naughty::mamoru:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Many/most are no firearms.

Firearms are prohibited at:
    Walmart, Whole Foods, Target, mainstream Theaters, Costco, Buffalo Wild-wings, Commiefornia Pizza Kitchen, Jack In the Box, Whataburger, Hooters, Outback, Carrabbas, Chipolte, Waffle House, Chuck E Cheese, Dominoes, Panera Bread, Pizza Hut, Peete's coffee, Chillis, Sonic, Sprouts, CVS, Walgreens, in Lyft rides, Uber rides, and at all major Malls.
    But there are no significant legal ramifications (in Louisiana) to completely ignoring the signs there...

On the other hand, carrying at a parade could land you with an illegal carrying of a weapon charge.

At any rate, they are all company policies. They don't have the force of law. The most they can lead to is a trespassing charge if you don't leave when asked. Except for Costco. Because they are a membership establishment, they can revoke that establishment.
    Winner, winner.

You don’t get arrested and lose your job or get butt raped by big bubba just for having a concealed weapon. Someone who actually knows the law please step in. Geez liberal alert lol. As stated above, judged by 12 not carried by six! Shall not be infringed!!!!
    No, you get arrested for being caught carrying a concealed weapon a prohibited (by law) location.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I only went once & that was in the late 60s.
    Never again.

Way too many tourists (as was I at the time) and every local idiot with a penchant for being drunk & disorderly or outright criminal.
    It's also a really easy way to get your car scratched up or dented if you park anywhere in the area.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    1707082434288.png

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    WOW! Talk about child friendly! Haven't heard of this marching krewe before. What do you say to a kid who says - " ... hey Dad - what's a camel's toe got to do with 'Hi-Steppin' ?Ladies? ..."?
    Googled them. Voila! Wonder what their preferred pronouns are?

Haute Couture - ala present day NOLA
    1707091041933.png

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I will not go to the WW2 museum, again, either. Went there last year, for the 3rd time, and I walked in with a group of people, one of whom was in a wheelchair. I had walked up the stairs and was in the merchant marine section, about 200 feet, before the security guards tracked me down, asked me to walk back with them to the security desk and started asking if I had a weapon, even though there are no signs restricting firearms.

I don't answer questions. I don't consent to a search. Am I being detained? Bye.

They need to go across the street and pay attention to some of their own exhibits.
    The "sercurity guards" were far too busy texting and carrying on about who knows what to handle the situation properly and promptly -which was at the point of entry and at the time of entry. If some dimwit "guard" lets a guest get to the merchant marine exhibit there should be only course of action. Hand 'em a pink slip and hire a real security guard.

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    The "sercurity guards" were far too busy texting and carrying on about who knows what to handle the situation properly and promptly -which was at the point of entry and at the time of entry. If some dimwit "guard" lets a guest get to the merchant marine exhibit there should be only course of action. Hand 'em a pink slip and hire a real security guard.
    like maybe an actual member of some branch of .mil?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Set up across the street from this today

AfMOlXQ.jpg

also had a place the sold funnel cakes and nachos next to me. I'm fat, kids had fun, can't complain.
    Their home location is on Broadway at the Tulane University campus. They make a killing there with all those rich students from up North.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    like maybe an actual member of some branch of .mil?
    I don't think anyone is stopping a member of the military to apply for the position. Though being in the military doesn't mean they are the end all be all of security.

It's Musuem.. While there is a risk everyday in our lives I don't think the Musuem needs someone that's kitted out standing at the door.

I've been there multiple times for years. Every single time we have walked in the security guards acknowledge us, smile, and tell us to enjoy our time.

I'll say it again, when the light went off on me. They didn't start barking orders to make a scene. They probably would rather not everyone start freaking out.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Ran into a Karen at endymion today and my first annoying parade.

It was me, my 2 little girls (10 and 4 year old, their first big parade), wife, my moms and pops. There was a small empty spot by a group of adults. They claimed they held the spot and the spot is theirs. It was about 10 adults and they hogged about a 20 by 8 foot stretch. My wife witnessed them kick an elderly group out of the spot but jumped in and took the spot. Karen decided to confront my wife and my mom and said they reserved that spot. She was really ugly about it and said she wasn’t going to move the chairs in front of us for us. There were no chairs, no people where we were standing. My wife politely said “it’s ok, there’s plenty of room for all of us”. We didn’t budge and stayed. I felt she had no legal authority to tell us to leave. When the floats came, a ton of people came into the area and there’s no way she coulda kicked all those people out.

If It was me, I see a nice family trying to enjoy the parade, I wouldn’t care. I’d be happy to see their kids having fun. This is an event for kids. Im just glad things didn’t escalate and her husband didn’t get involved.

Think that’s gonna be the last New Orleans parade for us. We always went to Metairie. The floats aren’t as extravagant but at least the people are friendlier.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

It was me, my 2 little girls (10 and 4 year old, their first big parade), wife, my moms and pops. There was a small empty spot by a group of adults. They claimed they held the spot and the spot is theirs. It was about 10 adults and they hogged about a 20 by 8 foot stretch. My wife witnessed them kick an elderly group out of the spot but jumped in and took the spot. Karen decided to confront my wife and my mom and said they reserved that spot. She was really ugly about it and said she wasn’t going to move the chairs in front of us for us. There were no chairs, no people where we were standing. My wife politely said “it’s ok, there’s plenty of room for all of us”. We didn’t budge and stayed. I felt she had no legal authority to tell us to leave. When the floats came, a ton of people came into the area and there’s no way she coulda kicked all those people out.

If It was me, I see a nice family trying to enjoy the parade, I wouldn’t care. I’d be happy to see their kids having fun. This is an event for kids. Im just glad things didn’t escalate and her husband didn’t get involved.

Think that’s gonna be the last New Orleans parade for us. We always went to Metairie. The floats aren’t as extravagant but at least the people are friendlier.
    People do the same **** at all major events. Have you been to Jazz Fest lately? Folks will put blankets down and try to "reserve" 20'x20' areas with their shitty tarps.

This is exactly why I buy VIP tickets to things like Jazz Fest, Concerts, and if I went to a parade, I'd sit in a grandstand (with the perk of it's own toilet, too!).

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

That’s terrible man my heart goes out to you. I agree with you as a father myself if I see another family come up I’d gladly share the space so we could all enjoy it. I don’t see how some people can be so shitty.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    People do the same **** at all major events. Have you been to Jazz Fest lately? Folks will put blankets down and try to "reserve" 20'x20' areas with their shitty tarps.

This is exactly why I buy VIP tickets to things like Jazz Fest, Concerts, and if I went to a parade, I'd sit in a grandstand (with the perk of it's own toilet, too!).
    How does one get to be on the grandstands at the parade? This sounds to be the better alternative.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    How does one get to be on the grandstands at the parade? This sounds to be the better alternative.
    You can purchase tickets for most parades. There are some private grand stands or private parties that put on comparable events (which are what I've been to), but in general you can just buy tickets online.

I think they're ~100/person for most parades, but the prices could have changes.

Usually there are VIP packages that include a wristband for unlimited food/alcohol, so you literally just show up.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Whilst not a grandstand, Orpheous sells tickets for the ball and parade and you never have to leave the convention center. BYOB and food. 200 per ticket but between the entertainment before and the parade itself it's well worth it. TONS of security and clean flush toilets lol. I'm actually writing this from the hotel across the street as the girlfriend gets ready.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    Many/most are no firearms.

Firearms are prohibited at:
    Walmart, Whole Foods, Target, mainstream Theaters, Costco, Buffalo Wild-wings, Commiefornia Pizza Kitchen, Jack In the Box, Whataburger, Hooters, Outback, Carrabbas, Chipolte, Waffle House, Chuck E Cheese, Dominoes, Panera Bread, Pizza Hut, Peete's coffee, Chillis, Sonic, Sprouts, CVS, Walgreens, in Lyft rides, Uber rides, and at all major Malls.
    Meh…. I’ve carried in most all of those places…. Conceal means concealed.

Top Bottom