Any Cobra fans here - All Cars welcome

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Has anyone ever gone to "Da Pad" in New Orleans to watch the races or race themselves?

A buddy of mine, who owns an 8 second 1/4 mile GTR, goes on occasion to watch and race. I'll likely go with him next time he goes (to the daytime races anyways).

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Has anyone ever gone to "Da Pad" in New Orleans to watch the races or race themselves?

A buddy of mine, who owns an 8 second 1/4 mile GTR, goes on occasion to watch and race. I'll likely go with him next time he goes (to the daytime races anyways).

A friend of mine has gone out there a few times, IIRC. He has a beefed up grocery getter.

11013250_1048071178566520_8831863798565251762_n.jpg

11011718_1003207353052903_973182753940196704_n.jpg

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Try and post a few pics of my namesake, if I can get this to work. 1st pic was right after dropping it in no oil ect in yet. Second is few years after at a show in the Rosegarden car show in Shreveport Louisiana. Yes I know cheesy hoses. But looked goofy with half the hoses being real SS ones with AN fittings so had to do the other half.

Attachments

• 340rockers1.jpg
      340rockers1.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 87
    • 340SIX-1.jpg
      340SIX-1.jpg
      28 KB · Views: 97
    Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    got a mild tune installed....I was surprised I could feel such a marked difference.

I'll be buying 4.30s and a MGW Shifter next week...then a re-tune.

Cannot wait

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    I didn't take any pictures this year at the Hot Rod Reunion, but there were plenty of things and cars to see.

There were a few guys that drove up from Louisiana, which included an original steel 1932 Ford Roadster. The guy is from Lake Charles and my father said he had talked to him once before about the car. It was supposedly a car that his father or grandfather had hot rodded in the 50's, and he still has it as it was (other than a new chassis).

A local guy even drove his roadster the whole way as well. Gotta respect that!

Boogie-MR-Street-rod-2004,.jpg

*Kudos if you know whose car that is*

I know who's car that is . Its Boogie Scott's . My Father went with them a couple of times to the salt flats .
    He and his son have a lil shop in covington. Really nice guy !

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Putting the finishing touches on my 03 5 speed GT Cobra lookalike. Bought it 2 weeks ago and man is it a blast to drive. Came with the Cobra front bumper and grille delete, Mustang delete GT rear bumper, and stock GT wing that I was going to swap for a Cobra style wing but I think I like the GT wing better I also like the GT hood with the Mach 1 scoop better than the Cobra hood also has the Mach 1 billet pedal setup. Added all the SVT and Cobra badges interior and exterior. Did not need to do much to it mechanically as it already has a BBK 78 mm TB and cold air kit, SR Performance coil on plug setup with pink top injectors, Borla Stinger S Type cat back from a low restriction cat (purrs like a kitten until you step on its tail and then it screams like a banshee) Eibach lowered springs and more goodies I am sure that are not readily visible. It idles perfectly, the A/C blows ice cubes and everything works, a docile daily driver until I put my foot in it. I added drilled slotted rotors and the red Cobra calipers with ceramic pads so it stops on a dime, a billet Slick Shift short throw shifter with billet ball and a Mach 1 trim ring around the boot, changed out some hood locks for old school hood pins since the holes were already there, new matching floor mats and fixed or replaced everything not up to standard on the interior and a billet fuel filler door with carbon fiber center. Mickey Thompson Street Comp Series 17 X 9 fronts and 17 X 10 rear wheels with 275/40/ZR17s and 315/35/ZR17s front to rear. I would sure love to dyno this beast because it has loads of power and torque from about 2500 rpm up to 5500. With the traction control on it gives a little chirp and goes like a scalded cat from a dead stop. Still to do are a set of white face gauges behind a new gauge cluster lens (old one is cracked) rear quarter window louvers and maybe a rear window louver, brand new smoked headlights and the outlined Cobra letters for the rear bumper. Definitely a work in progress. Whoever owned this car before did everything to it that I would have done anyway and they took excellent care of it, super clean inside and out. Being all blacked out and mean as a rattlesnake I decided to call the car Darth Vader as the Force is strong with this one.
    PICT0002.jpgPICT0010.jpgPICT0014.jpgPICT0016.jpg

Last edited:

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Also has a beautiful tan leather interior and the seats are just broken in good with some character lines in them but no rips or tears anywhere. All trim and carpet is perfect. The phrase adult owned comes to mind. Last picture is the front brake setup, I also hand painted in the Mickey Thompson logo on the wheels
    PICT0022.jpgPICT0019.jpgPICT0028.jpgPICT0001.jpg

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Kept old Whitey!!! While the Cobra was way cool, the Boss is pretty much original and with only 1806 of them being made I figured its an investment along with a cool car to take out to cruise nights or shows if I wanted to do that competition thing again, which I gave up years ago...too much BS as its a driver and not a trailer queen..

NICE

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Thanks Sli, I know its really old school stuff compared to what you have but I'm kinda old school myself LOL!! Been driving the 71-73 stangs since 1978 so that tells you something...Glad your a Blue Oval dude to keep up our fine traditions!

Top Bottom