Any Nissan Titan owners?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I'm going to be shopping for a used truck in the next couple of months. The truck will be a secondary vehicle for me, so I'm trying to find the most reasonably priced vehicle I can. Ideally, I like F150's and Chevy Silverados better, but it seems like the prices on a used Titan is a fair amount lower. Anyone on here own one and have any feed back?

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I've known a couple of Titan owners. They have had nothing but trouble from them. Maybe they have gotten better with the more recent models, but I would stay away.

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I've known a couple of Titan owners. They have had nothing but trouble from them. Maybe they have gotten better with the more recent models, but I would stay away.

Interesting.... I've had a Frontier for 10+ years that has been pretty good to me. I just need to get something with 4 doors so I can haul kids.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    There are many reasons they are in very last place in the truck market.
    Rear ends and trans are on the weak side and failure prone especially if used hard or towed with. Other than that, if you like it, go for it. I believe the biggest reason they are in last place is no innovations or real upgrades since introduction and every titan is almost the exact same truck.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I had a 2006 model SE 4X4 Crew Cab Titan that I just sold last year after owning it for 8 years. It was a good truck to me. The only problems I had were the brake rotors warped in the front with less that 20K miles on it. That was covered under warranty though and didn't have any other brake problems. The radiator caps are prone to spout out antifreeze if you get on the truck, that is an easy fix. In all, I had 85K on it when I sold it and didn't have any issues to really complain about....other than the fuel mileage.....I got 10 - 11 MPG no matter how I drove it. But, you don't buy a truck for fuel mileage, so I can't really complain there either because it was lifted with 35" tires.

My brother also had a 2007 Titan 4X4 extra cab that he had bought used. He didn't have any issues until he reached right at 90K miles and his transmission went out. That was an expensive fix for him. He sold the truck soon after fixing it and bought a new F150.

In my opinion, they are a descent vehicle, no more problematic than any other out there if you take care of them.

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    Mine will be 10 yrs old in March, 140k no probs at all. Although, I don't tow with it. I change the oil about every 15k too.

sph1480

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Destrehan, La
    A few years ago I picked up an 06 titan with 150, 000 miles just to have a truck. Interior and exterior were both in great shape and ran like it only 10,000 miles. Drinks gas, but the truck was great overall

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I have an 08 model with the towing package. I occasionally tow a 30' camper and have just over 80k miles with no issues. The only problem I have has was the overhead compartment became brittle and fell out. Mine stays in the sun all the time. Seems to be a common issue.

jmw169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Have an 06 model bought it brand new. Now has 260k miles on it. No issues at all. Changed factory rotors 2k miles ago. Changed rear axle seals 2x thats all. Its for sale. Pm me.

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Have an 06 model bought it brand new. Now has 260k miles on it. No issues at all. Changed factory rotors 2k miles ago. Changed rear axle seals 2x thats all. Its for sale. Pm me.

Thanks for the feed back.... 260K is to many miles for what I'm looking for, but thanks for the offer

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'd love something new, but I'm only wanting to spend about 20K so it'll probably be probably hard to go new.
    You could get a new titan close to that right now.
    Nissan has been subsidizing the titan for years trying to get a foothold in the large truck market. And with the 2015 diesel titan around the corner they all need to move current 2014 stock which there is plenty of.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    My brother in law got his XLT V6 (non ecoboost) for 22 or 23, if they don't have a 0% financing through Ford you can get the ford credit rebate then refinance with someone else for a lower rate a month later if you want.

If you aren't towing heavy the base V6 is a fine motor. I couldn't get a new one as I wanted for the money I had a few months ago and got a 2012 FX4 with the 5.0, I like my truck a lot.

A friend of mine did have a Titan he abused for years with no problems, when someone totaled it he got another one, so I guess he approved of them.

Last edited:

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    My brother in law got his XLT V6 (non ecoboost) for 22 or 23, if they don't have a 0% financing through Ford you can get the ford credit rebate then refinance with someone else for a lower rate a month later if you want.

If you aren't towing heavy the base V6 is a fine motor. I couldn't get a new one as I wanted for the money I had a few months ago and got a 2012 FX4 with the 5.0, I like my truck a lot.

A friend of mine did have a Titan he abused for years with no problems, when someone totaled it he got another one, so I guess he approved of them.

A v6 would be fine with me.... My only requirement is that it's a crew cab. I need it to hold car seats without to much headache.

Top Bottom