Anybody know how to Fight a Village of Baskin, LA ticket?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have got several tickets in north LA speed trap towns. Epps, waterproof, etc. They just want your money, pay up and all is good. I even had 1 of them tell me to send in a photocopy of the ticket instead of the actual ticket and write on the bottom "please do not turn in to my insurance", which I did and they did not.
    My advice, pay the ticket within a couple days and ask them to not put it on your insurance. None of mine ever showed on my insurance. Funny thing was, my wife has had 1 ticket in her life and it went on our insurance, yet none of mine have. Go figure. I believe I had 3 or 4 in a row form different areas including one from an ark state trooper in eudora and they were all $115 and one was $115.50. None were ever really rude and made it obvious they just wanted my $$ except for the ass in waterproof that did not want to hear my arguement that a 200hp tractor with a giant hay rake blocked any view I may have had of their speedtrap 30mph sign.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I have got several tickets in north LA speed trap towns. Epps, waterproof, etc. They just want your money, pay up and all is good. I even had 1 of them tell me to send in a photocopy of the ticket instead of the actual ticket and write on the bottom "please do not turn in to my insurance", which I did and they did not.
    My advice, pay the ticket within a couple days and ask them to not put it on your insurance. None of mine ever showed on my insurance. Funny thing was, my wife has had 1 ticket in her life and it went on our insurance, yet none of mine have. Go figure. I believe I had 3 or 4 in a row form different areas including one from an ark state trooper in eudora and they were all $115 and one was $115.50. None were ever really rude and made it obvious they just wanted my $$ except for the ass in waterproof that did not want to hear my arguement that a 200hp tractor with a giant hay rake blocked any view I may have had of their speedtrap 30mph sign.

Why did they want a photocopy and not the original ticket?

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Baskin actually has a village ordinance to not turn speeding tickets over to your insurance if paid before the due date. Please don't ask how I know. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I just passed thorugh Baskin on my way up to West Monroe for Christmas with my mom. There are 4--count them--4 50 mph signs as you go through Baskin with one right in front of the Po Po. I am presuming that this is the same highway from Natchez to I20. Baskin is a one horse town so i don't see any other highways passing by it.
    It goes from speed zone ahead to 55mph then 50-50-50-50 then back to 55mph and then to 65mph.

We went back through, it goes 65 - Warning 55 - 55 - a few feet later 50 - individual passing out tickets. At 50 the sign is about 2 seconds beyond the 55 sign, but I still wasn't going 62, unless he tagged me early... It is designed to get you with how well it is marked to get down to 55, then once the lights are in your mirror you look at that, I mean the trip through Baskin happens in a flash, if that time is spent with flashing lights in your rear view, it goes all the faster. I was putting around North Louisiana and Southern Arkansas, I know how they are.

MOTORIST01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2015
    United States
    On 28 Jan 15, I too fell prey to the same fate as kcinnick and agree with all the comments from others as I too live in a small town. Baskin, La is a Village with the same rules and guidelines as other towns and villages in Louisiana. The town judge is appointed by the Mayor who lives by the rule "guilty until proven innocent". Having sat through 30 days worth of summons, not one person was found innocent in my town. So bottomline.......bring cash or money order if you decide to attend the court hearing. The only other course-of-action you can take is to contact the Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General's Office, Louisiana State Troopers, Headquarters, Louisiana Chief's Association, in an effort that maybe someone may care enough to take action. However, the problem you'll encounter is no one wants to touch it and will pass you from one person to another hoping the problem will go away. This means small town chiefs, who may operate in an unprofessional (corrupt) manner get to operate with immunity safe from reprisal or any repercussions. As I can see, the only real course of action is to hire an attorney and file a lawsuit against the Mayor of the Village of Baskin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom