Apocalypse Sports

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Golden Ruger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2024
    Ponchatoula
    Went and checked out their range on Monday. Very nice set up and well managed. Definitely worth a trip to try it out.

Attachments

• 20240916_143431.jpg
      20240916_143431.jpg
      730.4 KB · Views: 43
    • 20240919_180208.jpg
      20240919_180208.jpg
      651.4 KB · Views: 6

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Just an FYI, Apocalypse Sports originator is Josh Burns. He was in the Navy and is a retired SEAL. I have been doing business with Apocalypse for about 4 or 5 years now, mostly I order a firearm on line and ship it to Apocalypse for the transfer. Josh and his crew are awesome, imo! Friendly and knowledgeable. Light years better than Interstate Guns in Hammond. Emily calls me when my firearm arrives that morning, and I go pick it up. I just cannot say enough good things about their crew. The sign right on the front door of their former much smaller store on E Oak St stated "If you smell like weed, do not come in". LOL, I'd chuckle every time I read the sign. Now they sell Class III items so they are a one stop shop now. They have it all.

40147 Interstate 55 Service Rd, Ponchatoula, LA 70454 -- That is on the west side of I-55, just north off of Hwy 22.

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Just an FYI, Apocalypse Sports originator is Josh Burns. He was in the Navy and is a retired SEAL. I have been doing business with Apocalypse for about 4 or 5 years now, mostly I order a firearm on line and ship it to Apocalypse for the transfer. Josh and his crew are awesome, imo! Friendly and knowledgeable. Light years better than Interstate Guns in Hammond. Emily calls me when my firearm arrives that morning, and I go pick it up. I just cannot say enough good things about their crew. The sign right on the front door of their former much smaller store on E Oak St stated "If you smell like weed, do not come in". LOL, I'd chuckle every time I read the sign. Now they sell Class III items so they are a one stop shop now. They have it all.

40147 Interstate 55 Service Rd, Ponchatoula, LA 70454 -- That is on the west side of I-55, just north off of Hwy 22.

But isnt the Manager of Interstate the Manager of Apocalypse now ?
    Interesting they do same day receipt/disposal of transfers. Thats not common. Maybe its for you specifically. I know most shops wont do this because of the utter annoyance of the customers sitting in the parking lot waiting, or tracking FedEx, and calling as soon as its delivered with "I see my firearm is delivered, I want it now." Gun shops despise this.

The weed sign was epic. I know I do the same. I have only asked one customer to leave in four years for this.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Where in Livingston are them big ass hills

:love::rofl::rofl:
    took it to a mountain vac. 2 weeks ago, my little cabin gun to protect me against bears and angry chipmunks... lol it one of my home defense guns and my primary travel gun.. hard to beat a folding .300bo shooting 125gr SST that can fit in a book-sac lol

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    But isnt the Manager of Interstate the Manager of Apocalypse now ?
    Interesting they do same day receipt/disposal of transfers. Thats not common. Maybe its for you specifically. I know most shops wont do this because of the utter annoyance of the customers sitting in the parking lot waiting, or tracking FedEx, and calling as soon as its delivered with "I see my firearm is delivered, I want it now." Gun shops despise this.

The weed sign was epic. I know I do the same. I have only asked one customer to leave in four years for this.
    lol i took a pic of that sign last time i went in to, got a chuckle out of it

i usually stop at both interstate and apocalypse...

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

Academy sports should start posting signs like that. Every time I go to academy and browse the gun section it’s an overwhelming smell of pot. I can’t stand it and I know if I can smell it just walking by the guys behind the counter can smell it as well.

Top Bottom