Apple Launch Day Iphone 6 and more...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Can we please, please ... not start a vs. Android War....please... :hs:
    This is about the Launch Day,
    not why you like Android so much that you have to post why you like it
    and why you don't like Apple.

The hate can be addressed here> Great Forbes Article
    One Sure Thing: Here Comes The Hate For Apple's ...
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrog...-thing-here-comes-the-hate-for-apples-iwatch/

...and as it says, the haters(previously myself included) don't have a great track record...

----------------------------------

So I mainly just made this topic for consumers to post on what they're looking for
    and what they hope Apple improves. As well as thoughts on the much expected IWatch.

Here is some questions I have:
    How long does it normally take for an Iphone to be offered with a 2 year Service Plan
    at a discount($200 usually) after an announcement?

Who's going to be PISSED if the I6 comes with a different charger than the I5's? :mamoru:

Will Apple finally go universal on chargers at all?

Articles on what to expect;
    http://live.independent.co.uk/Event..._and_iWatch_launch_-_build_up_and_latest_news
    http://recode.net/2014/09/08/apple-sept9-liveblog/
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/09/08/what-to-expect-from-apples-big-product-launch/

Including this video that was the most controversial b/c it appears to show an I6 running 8

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I mainly want a larger screen. I use a computer for nothing, I only use my iPhone. If it's not significantly bigger I may change phones. Longer battery life would be nice too.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The 2 sizes coming out sound HUGE.

The I5s is about the BIGGEST I can deal with.
    If my thumb can't reach across the whole screen(One hand operation)
    I don't like it.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

]

Can... Not...resist....

I was a loyal Apple customer till they ****ed me over too often and too hard.
    Switched to android and couldn't be happier! :p

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    A screen not made from the most brittle glass known to man...

Mine gets dropped a good bit.
    Even has had weld bb's on it.
    No problems here.
    Otterbox.... Lol.

Larger screen would be nice.
    Better camera options.
    Better battery life
    CAPABILITY OF ADOBE!!! Lol

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I will get one when they are as tough as my Glock 20 that I have had since 1994. Until then, I will stick with the $20 phone that lasts five years.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    They need to offer a screen no larger than the 5.
    Battery life needs to be improved in a big way. Yesterday I was too busy at work to mess with my phone and it was still at 35% by 4:30 :zombie:
    Maybe they'll finally improve the alert on Calendar, and let you share appointments without using an email address.
    My phone's been really buggy lately, restarting itself when I open new texts, etc. I hope that's fixed.
    My iPhone's bluetooth and my Tacoma's radio rarely agree on what I actually want to listen to.

All that said, I'm still buying whatever they make!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

The hate can be addressed here> Great Forbes Article
    One Sure Thing: Here Comes The Hate For Apple's ...
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrog...-thing-here-comes-the-hate-for-apples-iwatch/

...and as it says, the haters(previously myself included) don't have a great track record...

----------------------------------

So I mainly just made this topic for consumers to post on what they're looking for
    and what they hope Apple improves. As well as thoughts on the much expected IWatch.

Here is some questions I have:
    How long does it normally take for an Iphone to be offered with a 2 year Service Plan
    at a discount($200 usually) after an announcement?

Who's going to be PISSED if the I6 comes with a different charger than the I5's? :mamoru:

Will Apple finally go universal on chargers at all?

Articles on what to expect;
    http://live.independent.co.uk/Event..._and_iWatch_launch_-_build_up_and_latest_news
    http://recode.net/2014/09/08/apple-sept9-liveblog/
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/09/08/what-to-expect-from-apples-big-product-launch/

Including this video that was the most controversial b/c it appears to show an I6 running 8

What's the fun in that. Oh well, guess I can't mention that I'm typing this from my Galaxy s5 that's waterproof, has a great camera, battery, and uses readily available chargers.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    They won't have a different charger, the lightening charger will be with us for a while.

Yosemite should go live today too, Apple's new operating system. I've been playing with that for a few months and like it so far. iOS 8 is also pretty nice, but only minor upgrades. The main thing I'm looking forward too is SMS coming across to laptops/desktops running Yosemite and to iPads with iOS8, as opposed to just iMessages.

iCloud Drive is going to be a big feature, and is driving down prices of online storage already. Dropbox and Google Drive are now both offering 1TB of online storage for $10 a month. That's pretty insane if you ask me.

I agree with some of the posts above that anything much bigger will be too big, I don't get the whole "Phablet" market. iOS 8 has a health app, so I think they will be announcing the iWatch today.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They won't have a different charger, the lightening charger will be with us for a while.

Yosemite should go live today too, Apple's new operating system. I've been playing with that for a few months and like it so far. iOS 8 is also pretty nice, but only minor upgrades. The main thing I'm looking forward too is SMS coming across to laptops/desktops running Yosemite and to iPads with iOS8, as opposed to just iMessages.

iCloud Drive is going to be a big feature, and is driving down prices of online storage already. Dropbox and Google Drive are now both offering 1TB of online storage for $10 a month. That's pretty insane if you ask me.

I agree with some of the posts above that anything much bigger will be too big, I don't get the whole "Phablet" market. iOS 8 has a health app, so I think they will be announcing the iWatch today.
    Who is this guy?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yep, the competition with you is getting steep though!

Hardly. I knew nothing about your post expect for the possible release of IWatch lol

Didn't even know it was called a Lightning Charger lol

I do however appreciate technology, in which Apple has been tweeking for some time now.
    As the Forbes Article articulated ;)

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hardly. I knew nothing about your post expect for the possible release of IWatch lol

Didn't even know it was called a Lightning Charger lol

I do however appreciate technology, in which Apple has been tweeking for some time now.
    As the Forbes Article articulated ;)

Yeah thats what the new one is that came out with the iPhone 5, they used the 30 pin one for almost ten years, so I'm assuming this one will last a while. If you want me to expand on anything let me know. Here to help you apple newb's!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410282108.704756.jpg

All I see now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members