Appleseed Shoot for Louisiana is in the works!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Appleseed Shoots only need 25 meters/82 feet to conduct the weekend course. If we can get out farther, that is a bonus, with 300-500 yards being desirable. There needs to be room for 30-50 shooters, on the 25 meter range. This is determined by estimating 4 feet per shooter on the firing line. This can be at an established range or private property with a good backstop.

RWVA is a 501.c.3, non-profit, all volunteer organization. We provide the proven Appleseed course, Instructors, insurance, targets, course material and national/regional promotions. We ask for a place to conduct the course and some local volunteer efforts in setting simple target stands and local promotions.

Once the location is determined to be suitable for an Appleseed, then a date is set and the promotion begins.

We can do this, but I need some help. Any volunteers for a place to shoot?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Private ranges won't want to close for a weekend. That costs them money to host a free event.
    A few years ago I had talked to a few of the rangemasters about holding a 3 gun match at Honey Island without success. They weren't willing to close for even a day.
    I still think the buffer zone would be a good idea. The only problem is that to host something this organized we'd have to get permission. They overlook people shooting out there right now. I'm concerned that they might change their minds.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    The event isnt free, everyone who attends pays the fee requested by the range, plus the 70 dollars for the appleseed shoot. Its also a great way to attract new memberships. Thanks for posting the link Cajun Tim, I hope as many people from this forum goes and represents, plus I think it would encourage more help to get one started in LA. I wont be in from offshore for another week, and it looks like Ill be doing the ground work for this on my own, unless anyone want to PM me their email address so I can forward all the info to them.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I really want to go to learn to shoot out past 100 yards.

If you really want to learn how to shoot past 100 yards, come out and shoot highpower with us. We have the equipment and it would be cheaper than the $70 quoted above. You can shoot a match at Gonzales for about $50 - ammo, gun and match fees included.

Dan

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    Does anyone know any of the officers/those in charge of the Hub City/Fusilier complex outside of Arnaudville? I know its a private club, but an Appleseed shoot could bring in new members along with training some new local riflemen. They hold weekends at everything from private land, gun clubs to leo facilities. A small range fee cold be charged to cover any incidentals and everyone comes out ahead.... any one know the Fusilier higher ups?

mtcur3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thibodaux, LA
    My family and I went to Davilla, TX and shot an Appleseed boot camp in October 2007. It was a very good experience. The history lessons, especially the story of what happened on April 19, 1775, were very encouraging. In addition, the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship were aptly taught and practiced. The cost is $45 for a day and $70 for a weekend. At the time we went, ladies, children under 20 and active military shot for free. It was a steal. Most of the practice will be done at 25 meters or yards. I suggest that you consider using .22 rimfire for economy. We shot AR-15s with rimfire conversion kits. (Note: 1/9 barrels worked well with rimfire, but 1/7 did not.) The kids shot CZ Scouts with 3x9 scopes. We also had a couple of 10/22s with AR-15 type sights. You will not regret attending an Appleseed.
    If you are in the Thibodaux area, I regularly do 2 or 3 hour rifle and handgun clinics for first time shooters. Class size is limited to 2-4 students. Cost is $20 for adults; kids accompanied by parents are free. If you are not a member of Southern Shooting Center they will charge a $20 range fee for all.
    Bill Hickman
    www.hickmangroup@gmail.com
    www.hickmangrouptraining.com

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    And then there is always a highpower clinic or two around the area that seems to help some learn to shoot a rifle better than they thought they ever would.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rmsize
    Top Bottom