Appropriate guns for CCW class (check for appropriates)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Appropriate or Not for CCW Class

• 6 Inch Colt Python .357 Magnum

Votes: 19 32.8%
    • 8 Inch S&W Model 29 44 Magnum

Votes: 11 19.0%
    • 2.5 Inch Rohm RG-8 .22 revolver

Votes: 12 20.7%
    • S&W Model 37 Airweight 38 Spl

Votes: 36 62.1%
    • Springfield XD-9 SC 9mm

Votes: 43 74.1%
    • EAA Witness .45 Compact

Votes: 29 50.0%
    • High Standard Plinker .22 semi-auto

Votes: 12 20.7%
    • Desert Eagle .50 AE

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Skiney must have chosen the Rohm...

You still droolin huh...Jealeousy is an evil thing Mr. B

so......... Look and weep:} Chambered in the Powerhouse 22 short to assure accuracy without costing an arm and a leg to enjoy...

953ocyn4ef81hw8vfz4.jpg

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    My class only had two .22s, brought by an elderly couple. The guns used different length shells and were not interchangeable.
    Of course they brought them all loose in one zip lock baggie.

Most everyone else had something you'd imagine was for carry. 9mm, a few .40s, at least one 1911 style .45, one .357 revolver. Honestly if you bring a .50 DE that makes me think you are a little odd to me.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Well I did have to through the Rohm in there to contrast with the Python, you get the whole spectrum of revolvers right there in those 2, maybe my 4 inch Colt Lawman .357 would be a good middle ground comprimise for the people that picked revovlers, well upper middle ground.

Last edited:

rob52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    My wife never shot a gun in her life until she took the concealed class. She used my Colt Diamondback 22lr. Actually, the gun had never been fired until she took the class. At the beginning of the class the instructor asked if anyone had never fired a gun and my wife was the only one who said no, and he took extra time to help her in every aspect of the class. In the end she actually enjoyed shooting so much that she has gone from a somewhat anti gunner to an enthusiest to a degree. My suggestion, take whatever your comfortable with. It was only a matter of weeks before my wife chose a 9mm for personal carry, a gun she never leaves home without.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Every class that I've been in since getting my CHP in 1996 had at least 1 student who had not fired a gun or didn't even own a gun. Many of my classmates had not fired since getting their permit, if they were renewing.
    I think many here, who don't regularly teach CHP classes, get a incorrect idea of the people taking the classes and just how much experiance or training they have or will be getting. From what I've seen, a great many of my classmates rarely ever carry much less fire, their weapons.

rob52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Every class that I've been in since getting my CHP in 1996 had at least 1 student who had not fired a gun or didn't even own a gun. Many of my classmates had not fired since getting their permit, if they were renewing.
    I think many here, who don't regularly teach CHP classes, get a incorrect idea of the people taking the classes and just how much experiance or training they have or will be getting. From what I've seen, a great many of my classmates rarely ever carry much less fire, their weapons.
    Although I have been shooting many years, I think my wife attending this class and recieving the one on one training throughout the entire class did more for her confidence and awareness than any pre training I could have given her. The instructor was courteous and professional. I would recommend that anyone who has never fired a gun take this course. I would recommend this course to anyone who owns a gun. I know for a fact that at least 2 people who attended did not even follow up on getting the CHP.

Top Bottom