AR Slidefire stock..opinions??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Yea, i know the advertisements show it in a very controlled fashion, but that's also a staged demonstration from people with something to gain. I don't trust advertisements like this any more than I trust that the Taurus Judge is the best thing to happen to home defense in handguns, just because an advert said so.

I know you hold the STOCK against your shoulder, but the whole upper receiver and barrel are being pushed away by the VFG in the videos, making it bounce all around. Even the guy who shows good control, mostly, has his barrel bouncing around slightly. I imagine your average yahoo that goes to the range is going to be FAR FAR worse off than the guy who's practiced and developed this product for however-long.

I just see public ranges being more dangerous with these on the line. :\

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have a buddy who is getting one. I laughed at him, mainly cause of the price, but i do plan to try it out with my ati 22lr upper. Not sure if 22lr is going to have enough impluse to make this "work" but i will sure try.

I wonder if this item is spring loaded at all?

45auto

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 12, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    What's the difference between this thing and the Akins Accelerator? They both utilize the recoil and a spring to bounce the trigger off your finger for repeat shots. Only real difference I see is that your left hand isn't touching the moving action on the Akins Accelerator.

Don't be surprised if the ATF decides you have an illegal machinegun in a couple of years ....

http://beta2.tbo.com/business/consu...marksmans-invention-leads-him-ruin-ar-176333/

That was until the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives banned the Accelerator - two years after approving it.

The stop-production order came in an ATF letter dated Nov. 22, 2006. Besides mailing in all recoil springs in stock and his customer list, the agency demanded Akins send an affidavit to each customer to account for all the devices sold. The recipients had to sign the document and return it to the ATF with the removed springs.

Youtube video of Akins Accelerator:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P8AbTKvykE[/ame]

Last edited:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    What's the difference between this thing and the Akins Accelerator? They both utilize the recoil and a spring to bounce the trigger off your finger for repeat shots

The SSAR does not utilize a spring, the only forward force is applied by the shooter's forward hand. And as for using it with a .22 conversion, I have read at a couple of different places that if you adjust the forward pressure you apply to the front of the gun it will operate correctly

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    If someone with one can use it with a .22 upper, and it functions like you would expect, I'll have a little more interest in this. But as it stands, I'd rather dish out the +/-15k for an RDIAS.

GWB

dumb? you better be tough
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    I picked one up yesterday, I had to do a little dremmel work to get it to work with the oversized trigger guard, but it is fun...

This is it on my 5.45 upper...

2i95q45.jpg

Last edited:

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    I am trying to get together an initial order for these. I have to order 20 units . PricIng will be $290.00 + tax per unit For this order only. I have 5 sold locally already. Let me know (pm) if you are interested

GWB

dumb? you better be tough
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    Damn James, I wish I would have known you was going to get these things in, I had to pay $380 for mine. I'll see if I can get you some more people to PRE order for. I'm going to the range tomorrow, I'll toss your card around if someone shows interest.

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    Thanks Gary. I had posted this a little while back but did not advertise the price. they m have a minimum advertised price. Let me know if anyone else is interested. Thanks

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Damn James, I wish I would have known you was going to get these things in, I had to pay $380 for mine. I'll see if I can get you some more people to PRE order for. I'm going to the range tomorrow, I'll toss your card around if someone shows interest.

$380 for that stock?

I would rather spend that on ammo or man ammo (beer) (Not to be used together)!

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I won't even get into the "how it works" aspect. It looks like a fun toy and if it were $50 or even $100 I might consider buying one and dedicating a cheapo AR to it.... but at the price it's at.... nah.... I'll just play with other people's real full autos :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom