Are You Prepared For This?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Rockdale County, Georgia "officials" issued a statement to its citizens in response to a substantial chemical release telling them to shelter in place, turn A/C off, keep doors and windows closed. The "company" responsible for the event issued a statement telling the citizens that their top priority is keeping the community safe and they're working around the clock to respond to the situation.

#1 Companies offer pinky promise for safety
    #2 EPA monitors compliance with pinky promise
    #3 Officials are clueless
    #4 Citizens are ____________________

We have somewhere between 100-150 chemcial plants in our area and it's not a if thing, it's a when thing.

Do you have a real plan?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      74.3 KB · Views: 36

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Why turn A/Cs off?
    Some units (window units) have the OPTION to draw outside air in but the absolute vast majority of units (all types) circulate inside air, not drawing outside air in.
    Maybe the concern is running the condenser unit outside?

If the vapors are that flammable or otherwise dangerous that I can't run heating or cooling, I'm rolling out for a hotel room.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    This is exactly why we need 100% Green Energy. If this hits the water supply all babies will be born naked.

You can't be serious. There's nothing remotely green about energy production, storage or consumption -all that stupidity is for media junkies and kool aid connoisseurs. No matter which end of the idiot stick you're closest to, we're all about to see some petro chemical "plastic council friendly" companies squirm.

The water supply is already shot. I've been a simple minded water filter nerd for decades -one of a scant few that actually know what's in the municipal water, know the mentality of people tending it, know 1st hand the conditions inside the plant, the lab, on and on. It's shot and the "20 year plan" (stupid politicians) to rehab it all is laughable. Very amusing (in a very sick way) to watch idiots buying case after case of municipal tap -tightly packaged in cheap, leaching, contaminated, plastic "bottles", wrapped in plastic. They think it's prudent, wise, well prepared, etc. They're just brainwashed, garden variety stupid. Bottled water has, depending on make and model, between 10-100x more nanoplastics suspended in it than has been reported in the recent past. It'll take the average sheep minded consumer a couple years, give or take, to catch on to what's really happening with this single use plastic insanity we've been led to believe is safe.

Not being educated and promptly taking a sarcastic posture is that worn out monkey-see-monkey-do culture -genuinely tragic indeed.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I moved out of Norco in 1983 because of 3 different leaks at Shell Chemical that forced my wife and 3 small yung'uns to evacuate while I was at work.
    Yep -and those are the ones you knew about. My folks have a farm a mile downwind of a brake fluid plant. They would dump the waste at night when I was a kid and the whole world would smell like dirty ass. We only had a window fan so we always knew when they dumped. Two water wells we have on the place, one at the house, one at the barn, not reaching water anymore bc industrial ag pulling it out as fast as they want. So much synthetic fertilzer and glyphosate it's not safe to drink anyway. We've been good friends, good neighbors with everyone that's owned the aerial spray service across the highway. My folks can no longer grow a garden even though that's all we knew in the 70's. The corn drying fans a mile away keep them awake at night. Pop has Multiple Myeloma. Yep -love me some petrochemicals, safe as milk, right? I hear they support the local little league teams and have great retirement packages.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    106   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Rockdale County, Georgia "officials" issued a statement to its citizens in response to a substantial chemical release telling them to shelter in place, turn A/C off, keep doors and windows closed. The "company" responsible for the event issued a statement telling the citizens that their top priority is keeping the community safe and they're working around the clock to respond to the situation.

#1 Companies offer pinky promise for safety
    #2 EPA monitors compliance with pinky promise
    #3 Officials are clueless
    #4 Citizens are ____________________

We have somewhere between 100-150 chemcial plants in our area and it's not a if thing, it's a when thing.

Do you have a real plan?
    hey man i see the company i work for in that picture.... :noes:

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Why turn A/Cs off?
    Some units (window units) have the OPTION to draw outside air in but the absolute vast majority of units (all types) circulate inside air, not drawing outside air in.

If the vapors are that flammable or otherwise dangerous that I can't run heating or cooling, I'm rolling out for a hotel room.

BC any measurable circulation of air inside can draw outside air in through various cracks, openings, etc.

The condensor won't care if there's charubims or chernobyl outside

The danger is with chlorine gas, it's used in chemical warfare -kinda funky

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    You can't be serious. There's nothing remotely green about energy production, storage or consumption -all that stupidity is for media junkies and kool aid connoisseurs. No matter which end of the idiot stick you're closest to, we're all about to see some petro chemical "plastic council friendly" companies squirm.

The water supply is already shot. I've been a simple minded water filter nerd for decades -one of a scant few that actually know what's in the municipal water, know the mentality of people tending it, know 1st hand the conditions inside the plant, the lab, on and on. It's shot and the "20 year plan" (stupid politicians) to rehab it all is laughable. Very amusing (in a very sick way) to watch idiots buying case after case of municipal tap -tightly packaged in cheap, leaching, contaminated, plastic "bottles", wrapped in plastic. They think it's prudent, wise, well prepared, etc. They're just brainwashed, garden variety stupid. Bottled water has, depending on make and model, between 10-100x more nanoplastics suspended in it than has been reported in the recent past. It'll take the average sheep minded consumer a couple years, give or take, to catch on to what's really happening with this single use plastic insanity we've been led to believe is safe.

Not being educated and promptly taking a sarcastic posture is that worn out monkey-see-monkey-do culture -genuinely tragic indeed.
    Total sarcasm. My sons are operators at such places and about 80% of my family members are in the industry so…Unless we’re willing to go back to the 1500’s this is just part of living in modern times.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    BC any measurable circulation of air inside can draw outside air in through various cracks, openings, etc.

The condensor won't care if there's charubims or chernobyl outside

The danger is with chlorine gas, it's used in chemical warfare -kinda funky
    I guess my only response here could be that Concrete Monolithic Dome Homes and homes built with ICF construction (roof included) are what builders need to be focusing on. The benefits of these homes are sky high, and far-better sealing is one of many major benefits of both construction methods.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I hear ya Foz. There’s a small group of guys who allow all these pollution mega companies to come in and jank up our state while skipping out on paying taxes, as long as they keep that board happy. They sell us out every day. Just look at our port and cancer alley. Look at all the scattered chemical plant smoke stacks scattered around south Louisiana just pumping out all those beautiful cumulus clouds every day. How many chlorine gas clouds have you guys heard about in your lifetime? Makes a mofo wanna move to Idaho…

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    news flash......trump via project 2025 wants to do away with agencies that protect the people and environment so he can reap the benefits of corporate greed.
    Project 2025 is a creation of the Heritage Foundation. Trump has nothing to do with it.
    Doing away with government agencies is the policy of the Libertarian party. Trump wants to shrink government and cut regulations which is reaonable.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    news flash......trump via project 2025 wants to do away with agencies that protect the people and environment so he can reap the benefits of corporate greed.

News flash... no matter how many times you say something, that doesn't make it true.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Project 2025 is a creation of the Heritage Foundation. Trump has nothing to do with it.
    Doing away with government agencies is the policy of the Libertarian party. Trump wants to shrink government and cut regulations which is reaonable.
    This^^^! The left/Dems have tried to hang that albatross around Trump’s neck because they want to push their green new deal BS, which is really about controlling the working class and taxing us into poverty.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    270   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Why turn A/Cs off?

A decently installed unit will likely have a small duct to allow in some fresh air. The bulk of large office buildings are required to add fresh in . if your house was perfectly sealed you would die as you would use up the available oxygen. And any old ac will usually have leaks in the attic that draw in air.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    A decently installed unit will likely have a small duct to allow in some fresh air. The bulk of large office buildings are required to add fresh in . if your house was perfectly sealed you would die as you would use up the available oxygen. And any old ac will usually have leaks in the attic that draw in air.
    Systems to address air quality (from sealing) are installed into the homes built with the two construction methods I mentioned.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JMR.713
    Top Bottom