Areas to avoid in New Orleans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    Your friends who live there can tell you better than those who live hours away and never go to the except for the occasional football game, bachelor party, or those who just base experience off of going to bourbon street. If your going to the bywater check out the Joint for some tastes BBQ

+1 on The Joint

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I don't think I have ever had a problem anywhere in New Orleans. I think I ended up on magnolia or something like that once too. It was suppose to have been the worst part of town period but the group of guys I asked directions from told me how to get back to where I needed to go.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Stay out of the ghetto. The rest is fine. The crime stats you hear pale in comparison to the sheer number of people who live and visit there, and most of the crime happens in very centralized locations most of us have no reason to be.

Go wherever, have a good time and just don't be dumb. Walking alone down a dark backstreet at 2am is a bad idea anywhere.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think I have ever had a problem anywhere in New Orleans. I think I ended up on magnolia or something like that once too. It was suppose to have been the worst part of town period but the group of guys I asked directions from told me how to get back to where I needed to go.

I think back in High School I took the wrong ferry coming back from a friends house on the Westbank and ended up in St. Bernard on St. Claude. That was fun.

I called my dad for directions and he almost had me meet one of his buddies at a sheriff's station :mamoru:

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Honestly I've had as many incidents in rural MS than in N.O.!

Just keep in mind that people are people and thugs are thugs. Unfortunately, its getting harder to tell the people from the thugs. The odds of encountering the latter are higher in N.O. when you get out of the tourist areas. Being smashed and ignoring your surroundings is a good way to attract unwanted attention. Large groups, appearing aware, and not looking like a target are important. All that being said the real danger is standing between two groups of armed thugs that can't shoot what they're aiming at!

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Unfortunately all the "Bad" places are also the "Fun" places. However, I was just reviewing my American Express bill from last month and I would definitely avoid the Penthouse Club in the French Quarter.

The Big Easy is awesome. Relax and enjoy it. YOLO!

You living dangerously Mojo! I for one would NEVER use a credit card at one of those establishments! CASH ONLY!!!!!

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    You living dangerously Mojo! I for one would NEVER use a credit card at one of those establishments! CASH ONLY!!!!!

Old habits die hard and she said "I only need 3 1/2 inches to satisfy me" so I raised my hand and said "I'm your guy". Little did I know that she was referring to the length of my credit card.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Old habits die hard and she said "I only need 3 1/2 inches to satisfy me" so I raised my hand and said "I'm your guy". Little did I know that she was referring to the length of my credit card.

Ha I was expecting the other classic...she told me to give her 8" and make it hurt so I screwed her twice and slapped her in the face.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I'm stuck in NOLA for now. My wife's salon is here and so is my son's school. New Orleans isn't so bad as long as you don't act stupid. If you feel like you're in the wrong place, you probably are.....move on....find the light and head towards it.

I live in a very well lit and well guarded area of S. Carrollton but that didn't mean **** last year with 4 shootings within 4 blocks of my house. Even that doesn't mean anything because so far this year, its been quiet. Just let common sense prevail if you do come here....that'll keep you alive.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    BOOOOOO!

There a gay black boy behind a dumpster looking for you!

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

funny-people-pic.jpg

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    If you're in the Bywater area you do not want to be north of St Claude Avenue. After dark, especially. It's safer south of St Claude Avenue after dark but when I worked there I did my best to just get out of the area before the Sun went down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom