Armed ATF Agents Going Door To Door To Seize Your Legally Obtained Items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Everyone knows what they are used for, in the video it even states he ordered the tools to complete the process to make it a suppressor. People try to circumvent the law and then play dumb when confronted about it, not anything new. Quit doing dumb stuff and you won’t have visits from
    The ATF, it’s not a hard concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Ahhh not so fast mr tinted windows lol….

It looks like the ATF went there illegally and play dumb with no search warrant to try to confiscate something legally owned

If they knew he was breaking a law 120% they would’ve had a warrant and ready to make an arrest, they would want nothing less … it’s perfectly legal to own everything he has in fact if he fills out the proper paperwork he can build it hisself and registered….

It’s no different from me having a A.R. pistol and a spare stock assembly in the closet…. Just in case 10yrs from now I wanna sbr a gun…

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ahhh not so fast mr tinted windows lol….

It looks like the ATF went there illegally and play dumb with no search warrant to try to confiscate something legally owned

If they knew he was breaking a law 120% they would’ve had a warrant and ready to make an arrest, they would want nothing less … it’s perfectly legal to own everything he has in fact if he fills out the proper paperwork he can build it hisself and registered….

It’s no different from me having a A.R. pistol and a spare stock assembly in the closet…. Just in case 10yrs from now I wanna sbr a gun…

I’d check on having just an AR pistol and a stock. That might be illegal. And I don’t know how y’all get confused about what’s legal and illegal for LEOs to do. Police can knock on your door and talk to you about whatever and it’s perfectly legal. You can tell them to leave and not answer questions and they will leave but it’s not illegal to knock on your door. We actually have a term for this, it’s called a knock and talk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    They would have to prove “intent” or admission of guilt… having a ar stock in the closet and owning a braces pistol isn’t illegal… if that was the case you couldn’t have any spare short uppers or have a pistol ar and a rifle ar, otherwise you would be breaking the law cause you could just swap uppers or having short barrels, ,no diff from having brass knuckles as a paper weight…

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They would have to prove “intent” or admission of guilt… having a ar stock in the closet and owning a braces pistol isn’t illegal… if that was the case you couldn’t have any spare short uppers or have a pistol ar and a rifle ar, otherwise you would be breaking the law cause you could just swap uppers or having short barrels, ,no diff from having brass knuckles as a paper weight…

If you only have an AR rifle but you have a 10.5” complete upper in the safe also, I think you are walking a thin line.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Walk the line all you want.. as long as you don’t cross it… that’s the name of the game

I’m saying waking a fine line because I’m not 100 percent on the const law. I’m sure there are class 3 dealers here and attorneys that can help clear it up.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Been a while since I looked into this, but I remember reading about a legal concept the ATF uses that I believe is called "constructive intent." Basically, if you possess the parts needed to construct an SBR or other regulated item, and you do not have the stamp to legally possess that item, (and I think if you have no other way to use those items except to create a regulated item), they can assume you intended to construct that item at some point in the future, therefore you are in violation of the NFA.

So if you have a 10.5" upper, no pistol lower, no stamp, and other AR rifles, you can only create an SBR with what you have in your possession.

I didn't watch the video, but based on comments, the person had the parts to create a suppressor (solvent kit maybe?) and the tools needed to drill it out and create the actual suppressor. I am guessing they acted on "constructive intent."

Not saying this is right or wrong, but I first read about this a long time ago (pre-Internet days). If this is what happened, it's not new.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Like minority report… lol your guilty cause they think you might wanna do it in the future… lol naaaa… I’ve never heard of anybody convicted of any of the above situations and maybe 1-2 arrest out of the millions of people and World Wide Web….

Only thing I can remember close to that was when a local pd arrest somebody for shouldering a pistol brace, he was released charges dropped and public apology, then the state was sued ….

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Everyone knows what they are used for, in the video it even states he ordered the tools to complete the process to make it a suppressor. People try to circumvent the law and then play dumb when confronted about it, not anything new. Quit doing dumb stuff and you won’t have visits from
    The ATF, it’s not a hard concept.

What about the guy just last week that got a visit from the atf and he did absolutely nothing wrong. Remember the guy who bought multiple handguns and the atf just wanted to stop by and make sure he still had them? That guy did absolutely nothing outside of the law or even remotely shady and he had 3 atf agents and a local sheriff knocking on his door. Unfortunately what you said isn’t the case. More times than not recently we’re seeing the AFT showing up and harassing people who don’t deserve it. People who are law abiding and don’t have a criminal record. I wonder why we don’t see videos like this coming out of areas where actual crime is committed?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If you only have an AR rifle but you have a 10.5” complete upper in the safe also, I think you are walking a thin line.

How is that walking a thin line if it’s not directly attached to a rifle lower? What if an individual built his upper before buying and building his lower? What if an individual decides they want to get rid of the current lower they have and build/buy another? I can think of several reasons why someone would possibly have a upper with shorter than a 16” OAL barrel and no lower for it to be used on. That’s not illegal or even close to being illegal in any fashion.

Hell I have a pistol lower in my safe and the shortest barrel length upper I own is 16”. Does that mean I plan on using a pistol lower on a 16” barreled or larger upper? Absolutely not, all it means is I don’t currently own a pistol upper for it. Speculation is not law and not how we as a country prosecute crimes.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    How is that walking a thin line if it’s not directly attached to a rifle lower? What if an individual built his upper before buying and building his lower? What if an individual decides they want to get rid of the current lower they have and build/buy another? I can think of several reasons why someone would possibly have a upper with shorter than a 16” OAL barrel and no lower for it to be used on. That’s not illegal or even close to being illegal in any fashion.

Hell I have a pistol lower in my safe and the shortest barrel length upper I own is 16”. Does that mean I plan on using a pistol lower on a 16” barreled or larger upper? Absolutely not, all it means is I don’t currently own a pistol upper for it. Speculation is not law and not how we as a country prosecute crimes.

It’s not worth it even if they drop
    The charges.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    If I remember correctly charges were dropped in that case… might be wrong…

But that was 13 years ago, we have came along way in the clarification by what the atf can and cannot legally do and what they define items as

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If I remember correctly charges were dropped in that case… might be wrong…

But that was 13 years ago, we have came along way in the clarification by what the atf can and cannot legally do and what they define items as

I don’t want to be arrested period. Not worth the chance to me. You do you though

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    So you buy something that’s legal, the atf then says we change our minds & you are now a criminal. If you don’t want to go to jail, we’ll just take that from you. If you have parts that are legal but might be used to make something that needs tax stamp/background check, your a criminal. It don’t seem right.
    The Supreme Court just ruled that federal agencies can not make up their own rules, It has to go through Congress. But the biden administration does not follow the law.
    If having parts means you had intent to build something illegal then every hardware store that sell ammo is guilty of having pipe bomb making materials.
    And I don’t know but I haven’t seen a striped ar pistol or rifle lower. How is a striped lower designated as a rifle or pistol? This stuff with SBR or pistol is as clear as mud & I think the atf wants it that way.
    I hope no one gets hurt over this but I’m not sure the govmint cares anymore.

Top Bottom