Armed ATF Agents Going Door To Door To Seize Your Legally Obtained Items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The guy in video was doing ok until he let their tricks shake him up. That happened about the time one of them told him to take his hands out of his pockets. That agent decided to give orders when he was a visitor. He wanted to show force and shake things up. This is when you end the contact. He should have asked them to leave and closed the door at that point. But before that, he should have asked them to leave as soon as they admitted they had no warrant. If they would not leave or allow him to close the door, he should have called 911 and reported them because at that point they are indeed breaking the law.
    The entire reason these agents are proceeding as they are is because they are stepping in where they don’t truly have a continuous state of authority. They are relying on the person they visit to bridge the gap. This is why you should never talk to anyone who appears on your doorstep when it a consensual encounter. Like Motor said, it’s legal for a cop to knock on your door. The rest is up to the citizen.
    There is zero legal obligation to even answer the door. If you do answer and ask for a warrant then you can ask them to leave and if they don’t then they’re trespassing. On another note, these agents are not cops and they are operating outside the law in effect. There are no laws that truly cover them as far as their objective at this point. They are playing Congress. They are proceeding in a manner that is not supported by the law or courts and nobody has put them in check. When you actually look at how they are proceeding it’s obvious that they are boldly tiptoeing through these encounters to see what they can accomplish. I feel that they are looking to do more than just intimidate people into choking and giving up rights. I think they may be attempting to create some case law or a few tragic events that they can later spin into reasons, etc. in other words, stir the $hit.
    Probably nobody here is worried about a solvent trap. Maybe nobody here has a FRT trigger. So the video likely hasn’t stirred anyone here very much. Does anyone here believe the ATF could or would not suddenly, overnight, decide pistol braces are illegal? Or that any AR with a barrel shorter than 16” is now illegal because they believe you are definitely making a SBR if you have one? What then?
    I read someone’s post here saying don’t be stupid and break the law. That statement is kinda stupid regarding this thread. If someone bought a FRT trigger or a solvent trap when they were considered legal by the ATF, they didn’t break the law or any bogus or pretend or interpreted law. Just because the ATF showed up on that person’s doorstep doesn’t mean that person broke any law.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    What about the guy just last week that got a visit from the atf and he did absolutely nothing wrong. Remember the guy who bought multiple handguns and the atf just wanted to stop by and make sure he still had them? That guy did absolutely nothing outside of the law or even remotely shady and he had 3 atf agents and a local sheriff knocking on his door. Unfortunately what you said isn’t the case. More times than not recently we’re seeing the AFT showing up and harassing people who don’t deserve it. People who are law abiding and don’t have a criminal record. I wonder why we don’t see videos like this coming out of areas where actual crime is committed?
    And the guy who ran a diesel repair business and ordered bulk filters. I posted that video in another thread. And to anyone who wants to say this is not harassment, don’t get your panties in a wad, it’s legal for them to come to your house, they’re just doing their job, if you’re not doing anything illegal you have nothing to fear, etc, I say that’s utter BS. Armed men showing up at a person’s home talking $hit and threatening action and telling them to keep their hands out of their pocket is indeed harassment. If they have a warrant, they will come in. If not, they’ll eventually get hungry or tired or get the message and leave.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Good info in that video if you do consider to be one of the ones to play nice and respectful and turn your stuff over you paid for legally without a warrant… you better have an attorney present because they may take it in smile but they may come back a month later with charges… no telling what kind of paperwork they get you to sign

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Good info in that video if you do consider to be one of the ones to play nice and respectful and turn your stuff over you paid for legally without a warrant… you better have an attorney present because they may take it in smile but they may come back a month later with charges… no telling what kind of paperwork they get you to sign

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    If you only have an AR rifle but you have a 10.5” complete upper in the safe also, I think you are walking a thin line.

I have NO pistol lowers. I'm not into them. None, Zero, Zilch, Nada. I bought a box of reloading equipment and other "stuff" at a yard sale which included a short barrel. Am I in posession of an SBR???

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have NO pistol lowers. I'm not into them. None, Zero, Zilch, Nada. I bought a box of reloading equipment and other "stuff" at a yard sale which included a short barrel. Am I in posession of an SBR???

I’m neither an ATF agent or an attorney so I’d ask one of them first. Please don’t get your legal advice from the internet, it won’t work out well.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I’m neither an ATF agent or an attorney so I’d ask one of them first. Please don’t get your legal advice from the internet, it won’t work out well.

"If you only have an AR rifle but you have a 10.5” complete upper in the safe also, I think you are walking a thin line."

You're neither an ATF agent nor an attorney? Does not the above quote constitute legal advice. Granted advice worth every penny I paid!!!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    "If you only have an AR rifle but you have a 10.5” complete upper in the safe also, I think you are walking a thin line."

You're neither an ATF agent nor an attorney? Does not the above quote constitute legal advice. Granted advice worth every penny I paid!!!

It’s my opinion but you may take it as my advice if you like. Not sure where you’re going with this but I’ll play along. And it was a very cheap opinion/advice

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    So this fella just answers the door already videoing an encounter with “ATF”. No actual people on camera, no video of their vehicles, nothing that can validate this as an actual incident. And what is probably the worst dialogue I’ve ever heard....check your shoes, this smells like BS.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So you buy something that’s legal, the atf then says we change our minds & you are now a criminal. If you don’t want to go to jail, we’ll just take that from you. If you have parts that are legal but might be used to make something that needs tax stamp/background check, your a criminal. It don’t seem right.
    The Supreme Court just ruled that federal agencies can not make up their own rules, It has to go through Congress. But the biden administration does not follow the law.
    If having parts means you had intent to build something illegal then every hardware store that sell ammo is guilty of having pipe bomb making materials.
    And I don’t know but I haven’t seen a striped ar pistol or rifle lower. How is a striped lower designated as a rifle or pistol? This stuff with SBR or pistol is as clear as mud & I think the atf wants it that way.
    I hope no one gets hurt over this but I’m not sure the govmint cares anymore.
    If you bought a complete rifle that lower is considered a rifle lower. If you buy a stripped lower then it is considered other. So they would have to look at the 4473 and see how you bought the lower for that particular gun.

Also it may not be illegal to own a short upper and no pistol or SBR lowers but if they take it in their heads to go after you the legal costs to defend yourself and prove you were right can be ruinous.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If you bought a complete rifle that lower is considered a rifle lower. If you buy a stripped lower then it is considered other. So they would have to look at the 4473 and see how you bought the lower for that particular gun.

Also it may not be illegal to own a short upper and no pistol or SBR lowers but if they take it in their heads to go after you the legal costs to defend yourself and prove you were right can be ruinous.
    Sounds punitive. That’s the downside to our judicial system. If a DA or the feds decide they wanna go to trial they can afford to drag out every trick and attempt and charge they can think of even if they know it won’t stick. They know it won’t matter in the end. Zero penalty for them for being wrong and they get to hose the charged and wreck his/her life and their family’s as well. They actually threaten people with this for not turning state’s evidence or copping to a plea.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    DAs don’t have funds to mess around with. That’s why they reduce so many charges to get someone to plea, plus they don’t want to waste more time and money on cases they can’t win. Also with DAs, since they are elected, they generally don’t want to **** off large parts of their voter base with frivolous prosecutions.

Federal entities would be the only real obstacle.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    DAs don’t have funds to mess around with. That’s why they reduce so many charges to get someone to plea, plus they don’t want to waste more time and money on cases they can’t win. Also with DAs, since they are elected, they generally don’t want to **** off large parts of their voter base with frivolous prosecutions.

Federal entities would be the only real obstacle.
    Generally speaking, yes, but there have definitely been times that prosecutors have gone the distance knowing they have no case. And when they do, it’s often considered to be a punitive action.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom