Assault Weapons Ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    During the Clinton AWB I was young (Jr. High Age)/Didn't pay too much attention to it. What exactly did it entail and does anyone know what Hillary/Obama are proposing for a new AWB should the unthinkable happen and one of those two get elected?

The point i'm trying to get at is that i've been eyeing an AR platform rifle for a while but it was never high on the priority list. With the coming elections, i'm thinking of getting one really soon given the current situation.

Were banned weapons bought before the ban grandfathered? Was usage of said weapons restricted?

Thanks

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I doubt any bill is going to pass anytime soon without a grandfather (keep what you have) clause. Americans are not quite submissive enough for that. We are heading that direction, but (I think/hope) we are not quite there, yet.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Buy what you can afford now. As we get closer to elections I think prices are going to go up. If Hitlery or Hussain or McKain get elected, I look for prices to go through the roof. If they try and push another ban after they are elected, prices will be obscene.

Ragin Cajun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Buy what you can afford now. As we get closer to elections I think prices are going to go up. If Hitlery or Hussain or McKain get elected, I look for prices to go through the roof. If they try and push another ban after they are elected, prices will be obscene.

+1000. buy it now, buy it cheap, stack it deep!

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    hmmm how bout the richest felllas on this board buys all the stuff that they think will be banned.. and "holds it for fellow boardmembers" so that as money comes in we could buy a REALLLLy expensive box that might contain a WASR-10 or an AR15;)

Just like LSU tickets.lol

Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    More importantly, this is the one that is currently introduced.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022

Hasn't gone very far in the year it has been sitting around, but it is when we get lax that bad stuff happens.

i am not familiar with assault weapon bans, who gets to determine the definition of an "assault weapon?" wouldnt they basically be banning guns based on their appearance?

if i am thinking correctly then a ban on all assault weapons doesnt many any since whatsoever, who comes up with this sort of thing? and what are the motives behind it? seems fishy to me

chevydriver350

Young Padawong
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    kenner
    so if a ban is passed dose that mean that our current guns get confiscated or we can keep them or does it mean we can keep them we just cant use them

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    It depends on what the ban states, most likely everything will be grandfathered in.

Call it wishfull thinking but I dont see a ban in the next 4 years happening. But the threat of one will make supply and demand crazy like.

Top Bottom