Atn x-sight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    Been thinking of getting a 3-12 to play around with and see if I like hunting at night. Anyone used one of these? Is it legal to hunt with ir illuminator for nv in la? Atn x-sight 3-12 hd

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Ive played with a couple we had for sale. They seem pretty nice for their price point and features offered. I would buy one

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I don't think that La makes a distinction on what type of night vision hunting you can do. I thought the regs only specify if it is illegal or not.

I am thinking hard about getting one next year but you have to make sure you get the latest firmware updated on it as they were buggy in the beginning but I have heard they are getting really good lately with the latest firmware releases.

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    Yeah, been reading about that. From what I understand, I can only hunt private land at night between last day of February and last day of August? So no night hunting right now correct?
    DCCB0A8B-B21F-4D64-ACC5-FDEA711F9FB8_zpsu40mn8hr.png

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Yes. You cannot night hunt during deer season. Thanks for posting that I didn't know about the advance warning clause to LDWF and Sheriff. Can't wait to get a X-Sight next year. I will really be set with a suppressor and night vision. Although if you have regular access to the property you could get the hogs used to low voltage lighting at the feeding location and you could probably do away with the night vision.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    My boss bought one. He gave it to me to try out. SAVE YOUR MONEY. It's a piece of crap. Get the sightmark Photon XT instead. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the x sight but it works.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    My hog hunting buddy and I each bought a Photon a while back from Big Jake Welch who is a Sightmark dealer. Have been completely pleased for what we use them for - night shots out 100 yds or so.

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    too late I've had my 3-12 for a couple weeks now and love it lol. I actually got to play with the sightmark you mention a week ago too and got to compare them side by side and I must say that overall for my use I like the xsight better. I did feel like the NV on the sightmark was better at amplifying available light and did like that it is lighter and that it doesn't seem to gobble batteries, however what I liked about the xsight better is: good daytime scope, the features it has to offer, such as wifi to your phone for viewing when you're just chilling in the blind or whatever, recording and pics, crude but functional ballistic drop compensation, and the ir illuminator puts out more light. As they are in their stock format I could see further in the dark with the xsight because the xsights illuminator is brighter, with both illuminators off I could see better with the photon.

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    I will add that the build quality of the photon does seem a little better and the xsight does kinda remind me off cheap chinese junk. But i'm the kinda user that doesn't mind playing with things or even modifying them to get them to perform like I want. I would say if all you wanna do is pull it out of the box and it work and just figure out how to use it as you go then maybe the photon is a better choice.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    too late I've had my 3-12 for a couple weeks now and love it lol. I actually got to play with the sightmark you mention a week ago too and got to compare them side by side and I must say that overall for my use I like the xsight better. I did feel like the NV on the sightmark was better at amplifying available light and did like that it is lighter and that it doesn't seem to gobble batteries, however what I liked about the xsight better is: good daytime scope, the features it has to offer, such as wifi to your phone for viewing when you're just chilling in the blind or whatever, recording and pics, crude but functional ballistic drop compensation, and the ir illuminator puts out more light. As they are in their stock format I could see further in the dark with the xsight because the xsights illuminator is brighter, with both illuminators off I could see better with the photon.

My biggest issue with the Xsight was every time I shot it the viewer became fuzzy for about 2-3 seconds. I had to wait for followup shots. I don't care what kind of bells and whistles it has that is a non starter for me. I updated the latest firmware on it with same results. I was shooting 300 blackout subsonic and supersonic rounds so the recoil wasn't bad.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    ^^^^That thing looks bad ass. I'm planning on putting one on an integrally suppressed 10/22.

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    ^^^^That thing looks bad ass. I'm planning on putting one on an integrally suppressed 10/22.

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

Come see me. We have them in stock. Ill let you demo mine on the range. We can kill the lights! :mamoru:

- - - Updated - - -

Squirrel killing machine:

[video]https://youtu.be/ek2jnQp0L_o[/video]

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Just heard on another forum that they are going to be coming out with the next updated version this year.

Top Bottom