Atn x-sight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    My boss bought one. He gave it to me to try out. SAVE YOUR MONEY. It's a piece of crap. Get the sightmark Photon XT instead. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the x sight but it works.

I've been using a 1st gen ATN X Sight 3-12 for a while now.

They are junk without help. The scope by itself is terrible, and the OEM illuminator that I got was junk. All you have to do is buy a streamlight IR illuminator and an off set mount and it works great...sort of.

The problem is that the Streamlight is very bright (the whole point) and it reflects off anything in front of you like brush or even heavy rain.

Therefore it is for open spaces like fields, pipelines, powerlines, etc. In these areas it is fine.

And if you have a transition period of hunting from light to dark, you don't need 2 guns or scopes since it has day and night modes.

Seems like it doesn't like extreme cold. I see the crosshair, but the menu quits responding.

Make sure to keep up with the updates, especially when it's new.

Use a dim red headlamp held low to the ground to walk to and from your stand in the dark.

Get a cellular game camera to tell you when the animals arrive. Put your phone screen on the lowest brightness.

As they get more skittish, burlap the ladder stand or block windows in a shoot house to leave only a firing port. They will get more and more difficult to kill.

Von

Top Bottom