B5 Sopmod Bravo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Although not terribly cheap and IF you wanna shave a gas block pretty drastically.....it was easy with a dremel: MI SS Gen 2? Check out my most recent build. 5.6 lbs unloaded/no optic. Complete poly lower(NFA), and a 16" delton/PSA pencil-mid upper.

486350_10151287992481891_999540005_n.jpg

Rail looks familiar :)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have 2 that were sent to me for T/E I like them a lot. The shirt with the aztec warrior was also a nice little surprise from them.

its a great stock for the price, the ones I received were the Foliage Green version (almost Gray). Mark told me they just offloaded a bunch of blacks and FDE's are currently being produced and should be on shelves within 10 days.

First time I tried one was on the BCM Jack and liked it a lot, the padding in the back is pretty thick and comfortable, the stock is easy to operate and wallet friendly.

When did you get them? Enhanced or regular? How do you think they stack up against the LMT ones?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    When did you get them? Enhanced or regular? How do you think they stack up against the LMT ones?

Mines are the Enhanced with the small Battery Compartments forward. I received them towards the end of last year and while I dont own an LMT Sopmod they are very similar the biggest "difference" is the LMT appears to have more attention to detail or maybe better molds (not sure). Either way I have not had any issues with the B5 and they are not rough on the edges. They are a little rough on the cheek rest but not enough to make your face bleed, it almost feels like a very light stippling.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Mines are the Enhanced with the small Battery Compartments forward. I received them towards the end of last year and while I dont own an LMT Sopmod they are very similar the biggest "difference" is the LMT appears to have more attention to detail or maybe better molds (not sure). Either way I have not had any issues with the B5 and they are not rough on the edges. They are a little rough on the cheek rest but not enough to make your face bleed, it almost feels like a very light stippling.

Gotcha, I wasn't sure if you had owned a sopmod before and had any insight on if the difference in length had any real effects.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Got the stock in last night and it seems very solid. It looks and feels like the lovechild of a MOE and a Sopmod Enhanced. I'm in the process of remodeling and my safe is buried behind a bunch of crap, so I didn't have a chance to mount it on a rifle yet. I'll dig something out this weekend and come back with a better report.

I have 2 that were sent to me for T/E I like them a lot. The shirt with the aztec warrior was also a nice little surprise from them.

its a great stock for the price, the ones I received were the Foliage Green version (almost Gray). Mark told me they just offloaded a bunch of blacks and FDE's are currently being produced and should be on shelves within 10 days.

First time I tried one was on the BCM Jack and liked it a lot, the padding in the back is pretty thick and comfortable, the stock is easy to operate and wallet friendly.

So, you're saying that FDE Sopmod Bravo will be available relatively soon?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Got the stock in last night and it seems very solid. It looks and feels like the lovechild of a MOE and a Sopmod Enhanced. I'm in the process of remodeling and my safe is buried behind a bunch of crap, so I didn't have a chance to mount it on a rifle yet. I'll dig something out this weekend and come back with a better report.

So, you're saying that FDE Sopmod Bravo will be available relatively soon?

Krylon Fusion.

RovingDisco

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Rocket City, Alabama
    I have the LMT sopmod, b5 gen 1 and b5 bravo. The details to the LMT sopmod makes it the best one I have. I'll post pics later for comparison. They all lock up very solid on a PSA milspec buffer tube.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here's the skinny:

Not much more that I can say about the Bravo stock that hasn't been stated somewhere else, so I'll give my personal experience. The Magpul MOE and CTR seem to be in the same general price range, so I'll tell you why this stock is better than them.

Lock-up / User friendliness: The B5 Sopmod Bravo (herein "Bravo") locks up pretty nice on a PSA mil-spec tube, without any extra levers. The MOE has no lock up and the CTR requires an extra motion to activate the tension lock. I hate extra motions.

QD capability: The Bravo has a QD, anti-rotation socket included and permanently installed. The MOE lacks the capability to accommodate QD attachments. The CTR appears to have a stock QD socket, but I know that Magpul makes you buy the socket separately for their other stocks, including the ACS, ACS-L.

Length of pull: This is kind of a non-issue with collapsible stock.

Butt angle: Not an issue for me.

Recoil pad: Non-issue on a 5.56.

Comfort/cheek weld: The Bravo comes in with less surface area than the Enhanced, but more than a standard M4 or the MOE/CTR. I find it quite comfortable without creating too much bulk. It's a nice compromise size and the angle is apparently the same as the Enhanced.

Weight: Bravo: 0.515 lb; MOE: 0.50 lb; CTR: 0.55 lb

Cost (MSRP) : Bravo = $62; MOE = $59.95; CTR = $79.95

Summary: For the money, I just don't see a better option available. The MOE and CTR are no longer players in my book.

Go buy one.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/B5-S...Stock-Black-p/b5-system-bravo-stock-black.htm

Last edited:
    Top Bottom