Back from Iraq, Frisco soldier finds home sold by HOA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    The last house we owned was in a neighborhood with an HOA. We bought it from the previous owner only days before it was to be foreclosed on. There was no mention of a HOA at the closing or by the previous owner.

About 2-3 weeks after we moved in, a *representative* of the HOA showed up to introduce himself AND ask for three months of dues (this was in October) from me as well as the nine months of dues that were unpaid for that year by the previous owner. I politely told him to pack salt in his ass and bid him good day.

They came around a few more times to tell me to pull the weeds in my flowerbed and to tell me that, "oh, by the way, the architectural committee has approved the sidewalk you poured from your front door to the mailbox." I'm not sure why, since I wasn't a member, they thought I gave a rat's ass, but I suppose it made them feel better.

Last edited:

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Why would you say she is a spoiled lil bitch? If this is his first deployment then she probably didn't know what to expect. I know when I was in the Navy some wives did fine while others were lost while hubby was gone. Not a matter of being spoiled.

When my ex and I spilt up I didn't pay anything. I didn't file taxes for a few years and I would pay bills when i got red letters in the mail if I checked the mail at all. I drove around for 6 months without car insurance cause I just didn't care. Luckily nothing bad happened during that period. It took a long time to fix that stuff. It is not cut and dry as some of you make it. I wish everyone could be as perfect and superior as some of you make yourselves out to be.

I would think that as an adult she should have expected that she needs to pay the bills. Paying bills is not being perfect or superior, it's just common sense! Maybe she's not a spoiled lil b1tch, but she is either very irresponsible or a complete idiot. Or maybe like you said, she just didn't care. No matter which way you slice it, this is all her fault. You can feel sorry for her, but she deserves everything that's being said about her.

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No, because you AGREE to them...

SPIRIT of the founding fathers...
    Sure.

I'd never live in one.

Who gives a rats AZZ what your neighbor does... it's HIS business, and another + for owning enough land not to be able to SEE your neighbors!

My standard for my dream home is being able to shoot a rifle without someone bugging me about it.

Top Bottom