Barack Advertisement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I got these in an email, they are located in Mandeville. I know where this is so I am going to pass by when I get a chance to see if they are real.

vn8hyitt1ey5whmszp8.jpg

phojte8cgwzlhomwtsgz.jpg

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    That is awesome, hope they dont think McCain is an alternative, I bet that sign will bring them some business too.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Snopes didn't really say that he didn't say it, they just excused him...and snopes isn't 100% accurate or reliable...someone owns it, and someone has special interests.

I'm not trying to be biased, neither of them are getting my vote. If I -had- to...it would probably be Obama b/c I would rather a cobra on the sidewalk than a mamba in the grass.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Snopes didn't really say that he didn't say it, they just excused him...and snopes isn't 100% accurate or reliable...someone owns it, and someone has special interests.

I'm not trying to be biased, neither of them are getting my vote. If I -had- to...it would probably be Obama b/c I would rather a cobra on the sidewalk than a mamba in the grass.

No, Snopes did say he didn't say it. It was an op-ed piece and the piece (and the many times it has been clarified before) states:

"Three weeks ago, after New Hampshire, when Hill and McCain and the gang were all bragging about being "agents of change," a (non-U.S.) correspondent of mine e-mailed me his all-purpose stump speech for this primary season:

My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it."

The correspondent is the one who came up with quote (if there was even a correspondent as the article was a spoof). Obama never uttered those words.

It's a spoof, originally posted on Mark Steyn's blog on NationalReview.com. What's more, Obama wasn't even its intended target -- John McCain was.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Regardless of whether Obama said it or not , it damn sure sounds like some of his rhetoric . :p

That's like saying that McCain said he wanted to nuke Vietnam. I mean, regardless of whether he said it or not... It goes to show the value of people that would rather lie to enforce their political views than just discuss the truth of a candidate or his views. "It's ok if we lie and make up quotes because that's what we think the candidate would say"...

Toby

bah
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2007
    CocoDrie Ferry
    Of course its a spoof. But do we ignore the content simply because someone spoofed the sign?
    The Barack Obama being served us by the press is NOT the Barack Obama who voted "not present" so many times. The BO which the press WANTS us to see is the "agent of change", and not the far-left leaning Marxist bastard whom many see.

Yes, snopes. Of course snopes said the sign wasn't real. Ignore that for a minute and see Barack for who and what he is.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Of course its a spoof. But do we ignore the content simply because someone spoofed the sign?
    The Barack Obama being served us by the press is NOT the Barack Obama who voted "not present" so many times. The BO which the press WANTS us to see is the "agent of change", and not the far-left leaning Marxist bastard whom many see.

Yes, snopes. Of course snopes said the sign wasn't real. Ignore that for a minute and see Barack for who and what he is.

If you would read what I wrote you would have seen that the quote was made to poke fun at McCain, not Obama. No one 'spoofed the sign' (I'm not really sure what that even means). The sign was a quote (which was not made by Obama) and was actually directed to McCain. It would be like making fun of Hillary Clinton when she was running by putting a "Mission Accomplished" sign up quoting her. Again, it just goes to show who here did research - the liberal...

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Penguin would you have e-mailed State Farm if the sign was instead one advocating O'bama? Just curious. From the surface it almost seems as if the only reason you e-mailed State Farm was because you did not agree with the sign's message, not because it is not a good idea for that branch of State Farm to mix business with politics.

Toby

bah
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2007
    CocoDrie Ferry
    If you would read what I wrote you would have seen that the quote was made to poke fun at McCain, not Obama. No one 'spoofed the sign' (I'm not really sure what that even means). The sign was a quote (which was not made by Obama) and was actually directed to McCain. It would be like making fun of Hillary Clinton when she was running by putting a "Mission Accomplished" sign up quoting her. Again, it just goes to show who here did research - the liberal...

Yes, the sign was a spoof, as I said. Yes, it was meant for McCain. You clearly assume I thought the quote was indeed Barack Obama's. You were wrong.

I hate quoting myself, but here: "That sign sums it up pretty well." meaning, the sign, albeit a spoof intended for McCain, taken from a fictional correspondent, does indeed characterize Obama's positions very well.

Now, are we clear?

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Barack Hussein Obama is perhaps the single greatest threat to our Republic at this point in history. He is a true Marxist.

See here for some dead-on accurate commentary on Hussein's recent rantings:

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/baracks-brown-shirts/
    http://www.madogre.com/News.html (Look for 7/9/2008)

The original quotes are indeed sourced, straight back to the leftist himself.

I am no McCain lover, but I do not believe we would survive as a nation with Hussein. I think the ChiComs and Muzzies would seize the opportunity to pounce on such a clueless weakling. Even if they didn't right away, Hussein's ultra-leftist SCOTUS appointments would guarantee the loss of all we hold dear, and damage us for decades. (Heller was ONE VOTE, folks!)

I don't didn't belong to the tinfoil hat crowd, but I am stocking up on guns and ammo. If Hussein wins, I truly believe I'll need them, against foreign enemies, domestic enemies, or both. We are standing at the brink of disaster.

ObamaSama.com - STOP THE BS IN 2008!

Top Bottom