Barack Advertisement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Penguin would you have e-mailed State Farm if the sign was instead one advocating O'bama? Just curious. From the surface it almost seems as if the only reason you e-mailed State Farm was because you did not agree with the sign's message, not because it is not a good idea for that branch of State Farm to mix business with politics.

If it was a mis-quote of any person I would have done it. My voting record speaks for itself; I am not party line. In the last election I voted mostly republican (I think I only voted for 1 dem). Irrespective, if a business puts themself out for scrutiny, then they will be scrutinezed. All I did was e-mail State Farm asking about their policies and then directed the photos to them. I did nothing else. If someone wants to put up a business with some pro-obama stuff, I'll e-mail them as well. Obviously it was against SF policy to do so, so he had to remove it. Nothing I did was below the belt. Heck, I'd expect the same if on my business cards I had a political message.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Now, are we clear?

Now we are. I see how:

"That sign sums it up pretty well"

Could easily be confused with what you really meant:

"...the sign, albeit a spoof intended for McCain, taken from a fictional correspondent, does indeed characterize Obama's positions very well"

:rolleyes:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA

Taken out of context, it does sound disturbing. Taken in context with the totality of his speach, it is not (even McCain agrees).

Obama promised to increase AmeriCorps slots from 75,000 to 250,000 and pledged to double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011.

Presumptive Republican nominee Sen. John McCain of Arizona also supports an expansion of both programs and has stressed public service, including in the military, during campaign appearances.

Obama said he would make federal assistance conditional on school districts establishing service programs and set the goal of 50 hours of service a year for middle and high school students.

For college students, Obama would set the goal at 100 hours of service a year and create a $4,000 annual tax credit for college students that would be tied to that level of service. Obama said he realizes there will be skeptics, but stressed that greater public service will make the nation safer.

Also did you know that he wants to expand the military? Obama wants to increase the size of ground forces, adding 65,000 soldiers to the Army and 27,000 Marines. The Civilian force he spoke of isn't the brown shirts you preach. He hasn't expoused to the specifics of what that force is, but taken with the rest of the context security comes in many ways. You want to believe apples and I want to believe oranges. And to say that the brownshirts are coming would be without merit-they are already here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080709/ap_on_bi_ge/terrorist_surveillance

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    ***If I -had- to...it would probably be Obama b/c I would rather a cobra on the sidewalk than a mamba in the grass.***

Interesting (and surprising) point of view from a supposed constitutionalist/gun rights advocate.

But if you would vote for OBuckWheat, then by all means; abstain.

There isn't much in life that I have to do. One of my boxing coaches told me, "Colin, there are only 2 things that you have to do in life, you have to stay white and die, everything else is an option." Voting for 1 of two scumbags clearly isn't one of them.

Neither of them will get my vote. I would rather Obama win. I'm not prepared but I'm ready for, and know, what will come from his 'leadership'.

This myth that McCain is a firearms supporter really blows my mind, and this myth that he supports the constitution breaks my heart...but only because people believe such things out of ill researched ignorance. If one looks at his voting record, his promises, and his words, they will see that he has no principles, standards, or honor. This is all just a game of vote capturing for him too.

LSP, I'm not calling you ignorant...I have more respect or you than many people.

It's too bad he left that camp, I'd have rather had a hero to honor than a scoundrel and a tyrant to curse.

There is no lesser of two evils, there is only evil.

Both of them will tell the world this...
    353466683_b32f39724c.jpg

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    The bottom line is they are both politicians and can not be trusted. Period. As for the sign- Good for Bud for having the balls to make his views known. Shame on the ones who couldn't take it for what it was and took it personally. But then again, that is the great thing about this country- freedom.

Freedom to express your views.

Freedom to cry when you get your feelings hurt.

Freedom to use your position in life to forward a personal agenda.

Enjoy it while you have it because no mater who gets elected, they are slowly going to strip them away until the people of this country grow some balls, reach down and grab a hold, and stand up and fight to salvage their freedoms.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    The As for the sign- Good for Bud for having the balls to make his views known. Shame on the ones who couldn't take it for what it was and took it personally.

Shame on the ones who took it personally because I researched and asked a question and are now expressing their freedom to cry because I did so.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Shame on the ones who took it personally because I researched and asked a question and are now expressing their freedom to cry because I did so.
    Come on Penguin . You did take it personally and your e-mail to State Farm wasn't an innocent request for information . You break your neck around here responding to every anti Obama comment , yet try to portray yourself as some kind of middle of the road , free thinking independant . :rolleyes:
    Your actions betray your words my friend . ;)

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    From Penguin's post:

Taken out of context, it does sound disturbing. Taken in context with the totality of his speach, it is not
    This is your opinion. I read the speech, and it still sounds extremely disturbing, and on many levels.

(even McCain agrees)
    I don't give a rat's ass about McCain. We're talking about Obama.

Obama promised to increase AmeriCorps slots from 75,000 to 250,000 and pledged to double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011.
    And this is supposed to be a GOOD thing? Massive expansion of the Federal beaurocracy?

Obama said he would make federal assistance conditional on school districts establishing service programs and set the goal of 50 hours of service a year for middle and high school students.
    So, in other words, by withholding federal aid, Obama will effectively FORCE participation in his undefined "civilian national security force." I am NOT talking about the Peace Corps, or AmeriCorps. I'm talking about this, and here is his DIRECT quote:

"We cannot to continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we have set. We have got to have a civilian national security force that is just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded."

Excellent comments and questions about this from a blogger: "This inconceivably vast proposal is hardly being mentioned by the MSM; just a throwaway line in last week's speech about volunteerism. But what will this "civilian national security force" do? Obama didn't say. Where will they get their funding? Didn't say. Wouldn't this force be at least extra-constitutional, if not unconstitutional? Who would control them?"
    And I doubt Obama or his minions have any answers.

The Civilian force he spoke of isn't the brown shirts you preach.
    Really? You yourself admit in your very next sentence that even YOU have no idea what "it" really is:

He hasn't expoused to the specifics of what that force is, but taken with the rest of the context security comes in many ways.
    That second clause is, again, only your opinion. NOTHING in the full text of Obama's speech casts ANY sort of favorable light on his Hitleresque statements, (or, as you admit, any light at all) which should send shivers down the spine of all who love freedom.

God help us if this Marxist gets elected.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Come on Penguin . You did take it personally and your e-mail to State Farm wasn't an innocent request for information.

My question to SF was "Does SF take the position of political endorsements by way of their agents; more particularly, please see (URL)".

That's it. If you would have posted a McCain picture then I would have asked the same thing. No one seems to do that because all the thrash posts are started by McCain supporters. I don't go out of my way to rip apart McCain as some do Obama as I don't feel that discusses the issues. But if someone brings something up, I have no problem researching it and then debating it. Heck, look at the ANWR issue that was previously discussed. I don't think alot of you know the definition of 'taking it personal'. I don't 'take it personal'. I don't go to sleep at night upset and when I'm off this board, I'm off this board. You might not have seen me on much in the past week because I was on vacation. Odd, if I was taking it so personal, I would have made sure to respond then. But I don't. I research and I might get sarcastic (goes with the territory), but it's far from personal. I don't make personal attacks and call people stupid nor do I rip them for choosing a certain candidate. That is their opinion. I will say that they should do more research, but that should be tantamount when choosing the next person to run the country. It seems here that if I criticize someone for NOT researching, they take it personal.

You break your neck around here responding to every anti Obama comment , yet try to portray yourself as some kind of middle of the road , free thinking independant . :rolleyes:
    Your actions betray your words my friend . ;)

I don't "break my neck". If I was this hard core crazed liberal you would see me making as many threads as the GOP supporters on here. Alas, I haven't. I may have made 1 or 2 threads compared to the easy 20 or so threads made by GOP supporters. Everything else is in response to the Obama threads. So now you're saying I shouldn't show my support by trying to research the oft wrong statements or voice my opinions on something? That is far from debate and borders on totalitarianism. I do portray myself as an independent and was all for Ron Paul; however, I don't support Mr. Barr. That leaves two in contention. So if I don't agree with McCain, that leaves me with Obama. Unless you have some secret ninja candidate in your pocket, I'm not sure who else I should support. You're logic is flawed. My actions don't betray my words. In this election, I'm voting for Obama. In the past elections, I've voted for many GOP candidates. So if I don't vote your GOP party line in each election then I'm am not middle of the road? I would think then I would be party line and not independent. Basically what you're saying is because I don't agree with you that I'm not an independent as I claim. Sure, base that on this election alone and not look at the totality of my prior convictions. Again, research solves that problem...

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    This is your opinion. I read the speech, and it still sounds extremely disturbing, and on many levels.

And that is your opinion.

I don't give a rat's ass about McCain. We're talking about Obama.

I guess McCain is untouchable, especially if he agrees with Obama on some points. But then if you were to try say McCain is great, you would be agreeing with some of Obama's points. Where does that leave you then! Oh noeez!!1!

And this is supposed to be a GOOD thing? Massive expansion of the Federal beaurocracy?

Yes, it is. Ask your boy McCain. He seems to agree. So now you're saying that making young men and women be more involved in the country by requiring them to do some form of community service is wrong? Wow, I think it's a great thing. Instill in them a respect for their community and country.

So, in other words, by withholding federal aid, Obama will effectively FORCE participation in his undefined "civilian national security force." I am NOT talking about the Peace Corps, or AmeriCorps. I'm talking about this, and here is his DIRECT quote:

That quote is a portion of a speech. I can rip apart any speech and take it out of context to mean something else. Alas, you chose to ignore that. The totality of it is alot better than the federal aid that is withheld in the current Leave No Child Behind program that almost the entire US educational system states as useless and arbitrary.

Excellent comments and questions about this from a blogger: "This inconceivably vast proposal is hardly being mentioned by the MSM; just a throwaway line in last week's speech about volunteerism. But what will this "civilian national security force" do? Obama didn't say. Where will they get their funding? Didn't say. Wouldn't this force be at least extra-constitutional, if not unconstitutional? Who would control them?"
    And I doubt Obama or his minions have any answers.

Yes, because all the answers to every question is made on the campaign trail. I think a little more realism is required on your part. He made a statement that will be expanded on in the future. But if you want to come up with a myriad of YOUR theories on what HE meant, you go for it.

Really? You yourself admit in your very next sentence that even YOU have no idea what "it" really is:

Yup, and neither do you. I've already admitted that. So you come up with the evil version and I'll come back with the better version. Neither of us is correct.

That second clause is, again, only your opinion. NOTHING in the full text of Obama's speech casts ANY sort of favorable light on his Hitleresque statements, (or, as you admit, any light at all) which should send shivers down the spine of all who love freedom.

And nothing in your text is anything other than fear-mongering opinion, either. I guess that's worked well in the past 8 Bush years, though.

God help us if this Marxist gets elected.

Again, that's your opinion. I served my country and have no reservations about voting for him. I think that this country has been destroyed in the past 8 years and McCain offers nothing new. It seems to me that you are taking this very personal.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    OK Penguin . That long , rambling " holier than thou " speech did nothing to change my opinion . I stand by what I said . That's the beauty of living in America . Nobody says we have to agree . Have a good day . And that's what I really mean . :)

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    OK Penguin . That long , rambling " holier than thou " speech did nothing to change my opinion . I stand by what I said . That's the beauty of living in America . Nobody says we have to agree . Have a good day . And that's what I really mean . :)

Wow, I had no idea that you view a person as acting "holier than thou" when they express their opinion. Why don't you say the same about yourself in your ramblings? All I did was respond to your lenghty post. BTW, I wasn't looking to change your opinion, I was looking to state mine.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Wow, I had no idea that you view a person as acting "holier than thou" when they express their opinion. Why don't you say the same about yourself in your ramblings? All I did was respond to your lenghty post. BTW, I wasn't looking to change your opinion, I was looking to state mine.

Lengthy post? Dude , I don't have the attention span for a lengthy post .
    You must have me confused with some other right wing nutjob on here . :p

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Lengthy post? Dude , I don't have the attention span for a lengthy post .
    You must have me confused with some other right wing nutjob on here . :p

lol. I think we're all nut-jobs on here. At least you and I choose to admit it. Now, aside from all the political fun here, I think this is a GREAT board and I love the opportunity to debate. It's nothing personal and I'm glad the majority of people here know that. We all can't agree. I mean heck, I can't stand Abita Purple Haze and prefer Amber or Restoration.

Top Bottom