BayouShooter College Bowl Mania 2010-2011

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Damnit, they only gave Texas A&M a 12,500 seat allotment... so much for getting a ticket :curse:

That's pretty cheap to be playing in a stadium that can put up with 100,000 people and be given less than half the number of tickets that were sold for the 2005 cotton bowl

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Damnit, they only gave Texas A&M a 12,500 seat allotment... so much for getting a ticket :curse:

That's pretty cheap to be playing in a stadium that can put up with 100,000 people and be given less than half the number of tickets that were sold for the 2005 cotton bowl

That's actually an average number. Plus with the Aggies having to travel ONLY 3 hours away, I'm sure they'll be the HOME Team.

RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA
    That's actually an average number. Plus with the Aggies having to travel ONLY 3 hours away, I'm sure they'll be the HOME Team.

Can't say I see what you mean about it being an average number. The school was given 12,500 seats and they went to students and season ticket holders... they were never even offered to us alums before they sold out (as far as I can tell).

Unless the Cotton Bowl Athletic Association really sold the other 55,000 seats (which I doubt), I think that's kinda preposterous considering that they're playing at a stadium that you could fit the entire student body of both schools into at once.

I mention the last A&M cotton bowl since we were given over twice that many tickets and still didn't come close to filling the stadium

ETA - Scratch that, forgot they renovated the Cotton Bowl in '06 :owned:

Looks like they are indeed using the entire stadium... they just gave a measly portion to each school. Jerry's World strikes again, definitely don't miss living around that *******'s sphere of influence

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Can't say I see what you mean about it being an average number. The school was given 12,500 seats and they went to students and season ticket holders... they were never even offered to us alums before they sold out (as far as I can tell).

Unless the Cotton Bowl Athletic Association really sold the other 55,000 seats (which I doubt), I think that's kinda preposterous considering that they're playing at a stadium that you could fit the entire student body of both schools into at once.

I mention the last A&M cotton bowl since we were given over twice that many tickets and still didn't come close to filling the stadium

ETA - Scratch that, forgot they renovated the Cotton Bowl in '06 :owned:

Looks like they are indeed using the entire stadium... they just gave a measly portion to each school. Jerry's World strikes again, definitely don't miss living around that *******'s sphere of influence

What I meant is that they only give out 12.5k to 17k per school. That's the average.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    1_09_12_07_9_23_27.gif

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Bad news for LSU fans.....

Ridley Ruled Ineligible for Cotton Bowl

BATON ROUGE - LSU running back Stevan Ridley has been ruled ineligible for the Tigers' Cotton Bowl appearance on January 7 as a result of an academic issue interpreted by the NCAA as a violation of its bylaws.

LSU is appealing to have Ridley reinstated to play.

"Stevan Ridley is currently in an academic issue and may not be eligible to play in the Cotton Bowl," said LSU head coach Les Miles. "We are in the appeal process now with the NCAA and we're very hopeful that his eligibility will be restored. We're doing everything we can as a university to help Stevan through this issue.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Ford can run the ball plenty well enough for the Aggies.

Plus it's not guaranteed that Ridley won't play just that for now he's been suspended.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I really needed USM to win last night....that one hurt.

I picked Louisville b/c of their "D". Always takes a 'D' 15 minutes to judge the pace of the game and kick in.

However I stopped watching after the 1st two possesions of the 3rd Qtr. I missed the supposed contreversial fumble call but read the play was blown dead BEFORE the defensive recover.

Watching the replay now on ESPN3.com

Ok just watched and yep that was a fumble to me. They got away with that one but not really a game changer when it happens with 11 minutes left in the 4th,..meh...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a wee bit nervous about Boise St. .... :eek3:

I also would hate for the Utes to win b/c they'd match this up with their win over Bama even though both Bama and Boise were pouting about not getting into BCS Bowl games not many will see it that way.

...waiting on Kellen Moore to show up...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well that was quite a sorry game. Lot's of HORRIBLE calls on both sides.

Boise St never really played to potential and Utah looked HORRIBLE. Must have been at least 10 drop passes and 6 of those were WIDE OPEN.

Oh we'll at least boise covered the spread and pulled it off.

Group Results
    1 Hitman, D. Ducote 106
    2 thatwhichisnt 1, N. Jacob 85
    3 Aww Snap 1, A. Sylvest 75
    4 cbeaud1 1, C. Beaudet 60
    5 joncs25 1, J. Shirley 45

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury