Bayoushooter swap meet...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Just curious, it cost more than $500 to rent the place for the day?

Typically, $150/hr. This includes staffing cost. Being the GM, I can get it down to $100/hr. This wouldn't be a problem if either a lot of people showed up or if we narrowed the times down to an afternoon.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I do hope we can get another show / swap meet, I was at the one in 2011 (110 mile drive, well longer than that more like 150 as I dropped my wife off at the inlaws house on the way), and at least when I was there it was packed, shoulder to shoulder. I think the location was good, but table spacing was packed, too many FFL dealers that brought 10 of everything, but still a good number of private swap deals. Maybe a limit on number of tables would help with the problem of dealers that come to gun shows with all their inventory just to mark up prices above their store prices.. We just need to make sure it is not on the same weekend with another in state gun show, or other major local event. I think early spring (tax refund season) would be a good time, some time when the weather is still a bit cool so people would want something to do indoors , but long enough after christmas for peoples bank accounts to refill, say late Feb / early March. If you limit the hours, please make it afternoon not morning, I hate driving east into the morning sunrise.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Bayoushooter swap meet? Great idea...I'm down for that

Oh wait...with the new rules and all. Will we be able to speak openly with the person we want to trade with or will we only be able to text them for information? :D

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Anything further on this. I would definately attend. Give everyone a name sticker to put their screen name on so we can meet some of the people we talk to on this forum.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Give everyone a name sticker to put their screen name on so we can meet some of the people we talk to on this forum.

This was done last time and nobody took part.

As for updates on the swap meet idea. I have been told by numerous people that they would not attend if this was done during hunting season. I'm thinking we can try to set something up for the summer of 2013.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    What would ya'll think about combining the dinner and swap meet? We could meet an hour before dinner and have a firearms 'trunk or treat'. We could trade each other or buy/sell individually. OR we could post what we're selling/swapping ahead of time and just complete the transactions all at once. Then sit down for dinner... It'd have to be a VERY firearms friendly restaurant so we can bring the guns in. It would be more of a true swap/meet than a private mini-gunshow with tables and dealers.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    ha. trunk or treat. thats awesome. bunch of us sitting on our tail gates with a bunch of firearms and accessories for sale. ill be the guy in a trench coat going around saying "pssst wanna buy a mag" i dont know why i got that image in my head because i actually like that idea lol

Top Bottom