Because LSA is Thinking About You

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is awesome. I have written my representatives about this a few times. Is there anyone specific we should try and get in touch with to help nudge this through?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    House Bill 169 has been signed into law by Governor Jindal. Beginning August 15, 2011 people in Louisiana can hunt outlaw quadrupeds with a suppressor. Pigs beware.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I see these two more in the works too from an NRA E-mail alert.

Today, the state House passed Senate Bill 39 by a vote of 92 to 0. This bill will now go to Governor Bobby Jindal for his signature. SB 39, sponsored by state Senators Eric LaFleur (D-28) and Neil Riser (R-32), would clarify that Louisianans may purchase a long gun in any state, and allow a citizen of any other state to purchase a long gun in Louisiana, so long as both states allow such purchases. SB 39 unanimously passed in the Senate on May 16.

Also, House Bill 489 unanimously passed in the Senate Judiciary B committee today. HB 489, introduced by state Representative Alan Seabaugh (R-5), removes the requirement that an individual must wait six months to acquire “resident” status to apply for a concealed handgun permit. This bill now goes to the Senate floor for its final vote before being sent to the Governor. HB 489 passed in the state House by a 82 to 6 vote on June 7.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Thanks Dan. One step closer to suppressor acceptance in LA. Next test will be all out hunting with a can just like in MS.

That is going to be a while. First we need to create a track record of suppressor owners having good behavior. If one or two guys get caught hunting deer with their suppressed rifles, we will lose what we have gained and will never get what you really want.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    House Bill 169 has been signed into law by Governor Jindal. Beginning August 15, 2011 people in Louisiana can hunt outlaw quadrupeds with a suppressor. Pigs beware.

Thanks for your hard work, Dan! Question: Maybe I missed it but was the caliber restriction lifted as well?

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    That is going to be a while. First we need to create a track record of suppressor owners having good behavior. If one or two guys get caught hunting deer with their suppressed rifles, we will lose what we have gained and will never get what you really want.

Dan, again you are correct. I would think that the legal owners/users of suppressors would not be tempted to risk the loss of their "hard earned" NFA goodies. Not to mention the loss of all of their firearms and the freedom to use them. But time will tell. Thanks again for all of your efforts.

Top Bottom