Belt/Vest/Plate Carrier Setup-Loadout

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Self defense scenarios/ courses that require handguns and or long gun transitions. I got the belt set up for a bargain. And i intend on taking some classes as soon as i can save up some money. I figure i can always re organize, add, or subtract to my set up depending based on the vocation of training.

But mainly classes for education with fun being a plus. And after the training if i were ever to need to use it accordingly outside of a class.

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Empty space for now. This is new to me. Trying to learn and figure things out.

If a pouch is not needed, take it off the belt. Less is more. Don't think that you have to fill up a belt end to end with unnecessary stuff because all the civilian operators are doing it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If a pouch is not needed, take it off the belt. Less is more. Don't think that you have to fill up a belt end to end with unnecessary stuff because all the civilian operators are doing it.

What is a civilian operator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I have a 5.11 brokos with maverick belt to support it currently. It has 2 ar pouches and 2 pistol pouches, dump bag and a 6x6 pouch too. Also have a my 19 tlr1 combo in a safariland equipped with a qls system.

1401331_10151729073766891_2115014197_o.jpg

1421023_10151729073566891_1380152401_o.jpg

And no thats not how the holster is attatched lol. Its on the belt loop attatchment woven through correctly now.
    The Hsgi taco pouches are appealing. Anyone stock them close to the 504 area?

What way are the bullets pointing on your pistol mags?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    What is a civilian operator?

I would guess that would describe someone who believes that they're an operator but they're not LE/mil.

Oh, and before someone picks that apart, not all LE/mil people/types are operators. I'm not one, nor do I profess to be one.

JR1572

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Guys that dress up in gear and pouches that are unnecessary. Most of the stuff guys sport in classes are NOT how they will fight in the real world ie CHP holders.
    Got ya. I was gonna buy that setup at one time but couldn't think of a single time I would use it in real life.

I would guess that would describe someone who believes that they're an operator but they're not LE/mil.

Oh, and before someone picks that apart, not all LE/mil people/types are operators. I'm not one, nor do I profess to be one.

JR1572
    Adding the word "believes" clears it up.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Got ya. I was gonna buy that setup at one time but couldn't think of a single time I would use it in real life.

Adding the word "believes" clears it up.

I would much rather see a person train in his or her concealment set up than I would see a person train with a bat belt. That way, your muscle memory will be used to clearing cover garments, which is what a non-LE/mil will be doing under stress.

I used to own a brokos belt. It was set up with the same safariland level III holster and mag pouches, in the same location as my duty belt. Then I wondered, why on earth am I using a tacticool belt instead of using my ACTUAL duty belt, to train. I got rid of the brokos belt and train in my actual duty belt because that's what i'll be wearing when the ice cream turns to ****.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I would much rather see a person train in his or her concealment set up than I would see a person train with a bat belt. That way, your muscle memory will be used to clearing cover garments, which is what a non-LE/mil will be doing under stress.

I used to own a brokos belt. It was set up with the same safariland level III holster and mag pouches, in the same location as my duty belt. Then I wondered, why on earth am I using a tacticool belt instead of using my ACTUAL duty belt, to train. I got rid of the brokos belt and train in my actual duty belt because that's what i'll be wearing when the ice cream turns to ****.

I agree 100%. I took my 1st class using my USPSA gear and wouldn't do it again. Now I train with the double mag pouch that I CC. As for the holster I was gonna start training with my IWB but as Nate pointed out in a high round class it gets very hot "he was so right". So I found a OWB holster that rides in the exact spot as my IWB and use under my shirt to train.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The same way the bullets in the rifle mags are pointing.

Well I don't know much about reloads on a rifle so I can't comment on that. But if the bullets in the pistol mags are pointing backwards I would sell that belt and use the money for a class.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Well I don't know much about reloads on a rifle so I can't comment on that. But if the bullets in the pistol mags are pointing backwards I would sell that belt and use the money for a class.

The ammo is seated correctly in the magazines.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    He is asking if the bullets are pointed towards your buckle on the pistol mags and away on the rifle mags.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Pistol Mags: Bullets toward belt buckle

Rifle Mags: Bullets away from Belt Buckle

There are several reasons I don't recommend people always train in their carry gear.

-A larger than you would think percentage of my students don't carry everyday and as such have no carry gear.
    - Heat, IWB Holsters heat up really fast.
    -Safety, not everyone is all that proficient drawing from concealment. Rather than have students on the line focusing on learning all aspects at once I like to pair down the subject matter so that they can focus on learning a basic draw before they learn to draw from concealment.

That's a few of them. The stuff on my Brokos belt is in the same spot as the stuff on my duty belt. The Brokos is 10000000x more comfortable. I don't lose any value in wearing it in lieu of a duty belt. At the end of the day I don't care what you wear as long as you train and it's safe.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    VG, can you elaborate on the importance of the direction of the bullets please?

Video or link would work too.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Pistol Mags: Bullets toward belt buckle

Rifle Mags: Bullets away from Belt Buckle

There are several reasons I don't recommend people always train in their carry gear.

-A larger than you would think percentage of my students don't carry everyday and as such have no carry gear.
    - Heat, IWB Holsters heat up really fast.
    -Safety, not everyone is all that proficient drawing from concealment. Rather than have students on the line focusing on learning all aspects at once I like to pair down the subject matter so that they can focus on learning a basic draw before they learn to draw from concealment.

That's a few of them. The stuff on my Brokos belt is in the same spot as the stuff on my duty belt. The Brokos is 10000000x more comfortable. I don't lose any value in wearing it in lieu of a duty belt. At the end of the day I don't care what you wear as long as you train and it's safe.

I won't lie you told me about the heat and IWB but I had to find out for myself and you were 100% right lol. I notice when you talk about the Brokos belt you compare it to your duty belt I'm not against it for LEOs or the folks that OC.

I will never be a LEO or will I ever OC so with that in mind I will always train pulling a cover garment out of my way but that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    IF your indexing the fresh mag correctly with the tip of your index finger on the nose of the bullet, when pulled from the pouch its already oriented correctly for inserting into he gun.

Top Bottom