Benchmade knives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I've decided I want a really good quality folding/pocket knife. I've decided on the benchmade line just because their reputation precedes them.

Im looking for a single locking blade. 3"-5" closed with belt clip.

So far everyone says the griptilian. What are ya'll's recommendations?

Also what's the best websites to buy from?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I had a Benchmade Mini Rukus for years that was absolutely ****. Best pocket knife I've ever owned. Sadly, I lost it a couple years back and have refused to spend more than $50 on a pocket knife since. I don't wanna go through that pain again!

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I'd love a 14700 auto, but i feel I'd only be "borrowing" it from the cop who eventually relieved me of it in stead of booking me! ;) Is the "nitrous spring assist" knife legal to carry for the avg joe citizen? I'm assuming "auto" means activated by a button, the spring assist has a thumb stud to open as a regular blade.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    My SOG Twitch XL is pretty damn sweet, if I dont say so myself! Opens very quickly, great blade.

I -do not- like the locking mechanism on it though. *Locktites the lock as we speak.*

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have owned a few Benchmade knives including autos but my latest purchase was a Kershaw Shallot.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Try Steve Collara at Chalmette Jewelry, I think he carries Benchmade now.
    Also, Knifeworks.com; Roger is located in Columbia, La. and ships Benchmade
    Have dealt with both and recommend both. :cool:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'm a Kershaw fan as well, I carry a plain edge Shallot and am very happy with it.

I'd love an auto since I can carry them, just can justify the money. I carried my Scallion for 2 years before the assist wore out (still need to send that back for warranty work) and have had my Shallot for about 6 months, but I guarantee as soon as I spend more money on a knife it is gonna go X8 on me.

Wilson54

MS-Deltan
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Louisiana
    I bought a switchblade from an Italian maker. It isn't a stilleto (that shoots out the end). It autos from the side (push button with slide safety). Is this illegal to carry? Also I've been looking for a "smith" to "fine tune" the riveting on the handles. It is a pretty knife as it goes. Has rosewood grips with brass bolsters but I am not at all pleased with the craftsmanship insofar as the brass rivets that were installed in the grips.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This is my big Grip and I have s Mini Grip too.

Sorry about the blood we just cut a bull.

100_3700.jpg

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I bought a switchblade from an Italian maker. It isn't a stilleto (that shoots out the end). It autos from the side (push button with slide safety). Is this illegal to carry? Also I've been looking for a "smith" to "fine tune" the riveting on the handles. It is a pretty knife as it goes. Has rosewood grips with brass bolsters but I am not at all pleased with the craftsmanship insofar as the brass rivets that were installed in the grips.

yes, imo its illegal. im not a lawyer.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    I've got a Kershaw Blur non-serrated and love it. Go to a good store and handle a few blades and take home the one you like most, that's how I've always done it.

Top Bottom