Best all-around (kills EVERYTHING) weed/grass killer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    DOnt remember the ratio we use, but we have been using the Eraser at the horse ranch for years. It does take quite a few days to start browning, but once dead, it will stay dead for months, it works well in farm, agriculture locations, although i have used it at home. I do recall it take a while for the venom to start working,

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Find someone commercial (golf course, large landscape company, etc) that has full strength round up, mix it at about 50% and add some liquid fertilizer. It kills all.

You can occasionally find the good stuff in smaller containers, but it is mostly is sold in 55 gallon containers.

This is the stuff I get, from my brother. They get it in 35gallon drums, 4 to a pallet ;)

I offered some of it to Mr. Impatient, but he shoulda asked the question BEFORE spraying :dogkeke:

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Many commercial horticulturalists use a product called Quikpro, it's like Round-up for professionals.
    If you want something to wither in a few hours there's a product called Scythe which is almost entirely burn down salts. Ideally you mix these for the best of both worlds.

Pocket

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Sewanee, TN
    An old farmer once told me that after you spray the roundup and it dries on the leaves. Water whatever was sprayed and it makes the weeds die sooner. Never tried it though.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    Know anyone who works for the parish? See if you can get your hands on what they use for grass/weed control. When we lived in WBR we got some of their "weed killer" and it works better than diesel!

if not, you could always go with
    LucyLiu.jpg

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Spanky, if you got any rain shortly after spraying, even a day or so later, it would definitely reduce the potency of the poison.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Spectracide TripleStrike withers plants within hours . Dead by the next evening . Hard to find though . Lowe's used to carry it , but not anymore . Dammit .

CATS

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Have to go with old gas, use on a breezzzy day. It does a great job on toxic ivy the first time. I do not want to step on round up or other product like it. Gas dries off, who knows about round up?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Round up is much safer, to both you, your family and the environment. I find it kinda odd that you don't want to step on Round up, but have no issue with spraying gasoline on your property :confused: It dries within a few minutes, especially with as hot as it has been. Its probably cheaper per gallon too if you buy the super concentrate, and not the pre-mixed ready to spray.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom