Best Sight Paint

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I have a S&W Shield 9 that has been exemplary. However, after almost 800 rounds and constant everyday carry, the white dots on the sights have all but faded away.
    Now, I don't want to replace the sights with night sights or tritium lightpipes (Hi Viz). I like the sights just fine....I just need to refresh the dots. Either all white or maybe green/red. Either way I need to paint the sights and wondering what is the best technique and what is the best paint.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I have a S&W Shield 9 that has been exemplary. However, after almost 800 rounds and constant everyday carry, the white dots on the sights have all but faded away.
    Now, I don't want to replace the sights with night sights or tritium lightpipes (Hi Viz). I like the sights just fine....I just need to refresh the dots. Either all white or maybe green/red. Either way I need to paint the sights and wondering what is the best technique and what is the best paint.
    Nail polish would likely work well. I painted one of the front sight on one of my rifles years ago and I want to say I used nail polish. Obviously, just make sure to clean the sights well before applying anything.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    For Making / Refreshing Dots ... the absolute Best thing is -
    A Bic White-Out Correction Pen . Use a brand new one ...
    they have a ball point tip ... press the ball point down and gently squeeze the plastic barrel and a single "Dot" will form . It is the absolute best way to put a dot on anything .
    The Correction Fluid is Flat White Lacquer and if you mess up, clean off with Lacquer Thinner or Nail Polish Remover .

Practice applying dots , by varying the amount of pressure on the point and pressure on the squeeze barrel applicator ... you can vay the dot size .
    Forget tiny brush ... forget the tooth=pick application...
    The Bic White-Out Correction Pen and its flat white lacquer paint have them mBeat Srven Ways To Sunday .
    The stuff lasts a long time , is cheap , easy to find in any store and works like a VooDoo Magic Charm .
    I keep a couple in my range bag and shooting box .

Also good for the front sight ...and as a Base Coat for the glow-in-the-dark brite colors ...the white base coat makes them shine like they have batteries !
    Gary

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I just used a bright yellow paint marker on my front sight on my 1911. Works good for me especially since I already had it, used a white paint marker for the rear dots.

Attachments

• sights.jpg
      sights.jpg
      106.3 KB · Views: 16

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Worn out man, Got a dollar-$2.98 for you if you want to dump this beater.
    I do the same with my cars, Ash trays full, tires are bald, wipers are bad, shocks etc.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not sure why anyone would use anything but these when they’re literally made for sights. Less than $20 for the 3 pack. I’ve done a few guns with them and inlaid a lower. None of it has come off yet. I mean, yeah, fingernail polish can get you all the cool colors like lavender and fusha I guess……

Attachments

• IMG_3158.png
      IMG_3158.png
      1,007.9 KB · Views: 17
    Top Bottom