Beware Of Scam M-14 On Louisiana Sportsman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe a member of LAS can post an ad just to warn people about it. I see ads on there that reference other ads (like gun shops posting a dozen a day and things like that).

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Never mind, I just sent him a message! If this is legit, this isn't a bad deal at all! Hell he may message me and have what I have been looking for for about $500 less than I expected!

Below is what I sent him.....

Hi, I would like to set up a meet to check out your rifle. I am avaliable today and tomorrow, could you please e-mail me so we could set up a time? Where are you located?

Could you send more detailed pics to kajuntriton@eatel.net

I have cash on hand but just out of curiosity, what kind of trades are you considering?

Thanks!

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Well mickey you beat me to it! Well time will tell what he does! ;)

Yep. Some dude was on there a while back with a Kimber for sale out of Tampa. Dude had a Fake FFL and all. Da POPO was all over it a couple of days after the ads were posted. Too late for some though that had already sent Postal Money Orders.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    there was another 308 on there about x mas time and it was a fake as well.

I sent a message through the site to see if he responds with the serial.. :)

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Yep. Some dude was on there a while back with a Kimber for sale out of Tampa. Dude had a Fake FFL and all. Da POPO was all over it a couple of days after the ads were posted. Too late for some though that had already sent Postal Money Orders.

What kind of kimber was it? They had a guy on there with a while back with a kimber crimson carry asking 700. I checked into it because my dad is looking. My dad found the gun, same pictures sold on an auction site a few weeks before I think, then this guy starts saying he's in south carolina but he's a military man so shipping won't be a problem, and he can send me a copy of his ID so I know "what kind of person he is."

That was wayyyyy to shady for me.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    What kind of kimber was it? They had a guy on there with a while back with a kimber crimson carry asking 700. I checked into it because my dad is looking. My dad found the gun, same pictures sold on an auction site a few weeks before I think, then this guy starts saying he's in south carolina but he's a military man so shipping won't be a problem, and he can send me a copy of his ID so I know "what kind of person he is."

That was wayyyyy to shady for me.

it was a kimber Pro Shop..... here is what they tried to con me in with...........

Sure, i understand your concern but i am willing to accept a US postal order because thats safe, it is sent to my name and house, there is no way i can hide from my identity and the US postal order is backed by the government and also the bank will have transaction history for it.. does that work for you?

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    here is another one that was alot of fun.........
    -----Original Message-----
    > From: Thomas Nars [mailto:thomasnars@hotmail.com]
    > Sent: Mon 3/8/2010 8:12 PM
    > To: Brinkman, Mickey
    > Subject: RE: kimber
    >
    >
    > Ok you can send the postal money order to my mailing address, sorry i cannot send my ID over the internet, i have been a victim of identity theft...so i am trying to be careful..i understand your concern about trying to be secured, you have nothing to worry about, there is no way i can hide from my identity since you are sending to my mailing address and also the bank will have transaction history for it. Sorry i have just this one for sale.
    > Thomas Schnars553 polito drive,Erie, PA, 16505.
    > Thanks
    >
    > > Subject: RE: kimber
    > > Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:03:03 -0500
    > > From: Mickey.Brinkman
    > > To: thomasnars@hotmail.com
    > >

> > I need to know where to send the postal money order. If it would be possible, could you scan me a copy of your ID for the info to get the money order made out? Or do you have a number for me to call you tomorrow morning before i go to the post office to get your info? Would you happen to have a GUNBROKER account? You don't have any more Kimbers for sale do you?

I wonder if he is still waiting on this money order?
    Probably not, cuz i sent a copy to the same agent that was working the other scam.:mamoru:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Here is the transaction history so far! He ceratinly isn't giving much info on his location or setting up a meeting, If I recall his location on Gun Broker (Or at least the gunbroker OP was in Dallas?)

Pictures attached....where are you located?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: dubosed@live.com
    Subject: M14 Rifle
    Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:56:03 -0500

Louisiana Sportsman Classifieds
    Dear dubby,
    CBourgeois has requested the following message to be sent to you regarding your ad: ARMSCORP M14 0

Hi, I would like to set up a meet to check out your rifle. I am avaliable today and tomorrow, could you please e-mail me so we could set up a time? Where are you located?rnrnCould you send more detailed pics to kajuntriton@eatel.netrnrnI have cash on hand but just out of curiosity, what kind of trades are you considering?rnrnThanks!rnrnChrisrnrnrn

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom