Biggest Regret?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg
    Agreed with you and LSP. The ones that have been sold aren't missed.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I regret selling my first revolver -- a S&W Model 60 that I bought back in 2001. I still have the spent shell casing that was included with the gun, and I have hope that someday I may find that gun for sale.

Jaygunner

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2023
    So Louisiana
    So what handgun do you most regret selling? For me it was my S&W 3913. Beretta 21 probably next.
    I don't tend to get too attached to guns. I've worked my way down to some that I really like but my least favorite will leave for something else if I need/want something else.

phillygumbo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Baton Rouge. LA
    Needed money for something in the late 80s so I sold my S&W Model 66 4" barrel, including the original grip, a zebra-wood grip, and a Pachmayr grip. The Pachmayr was always on the gun but man that zebra wood sure was pretty.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    my 1st 1911.
    I got started on pistol with a Beretta 92, followed by a sig 226 then a g17.. After shooting on a regular (1x week) basis for several years I got introduced to the 1911 at a public range, just a basic milspec and was hooked instantly...this was 20+ years ago, so i had to have my own. The online forums back then were not what they are today, arf.com, glocktalk, sigform and snipershide were all the sites that I held a membership..didnt have nearly as many quality sites back then as today..I was looking for "the best" 1911 in my budget back then, was maybe $600/700 bucks and being brand new to the 1911 I found an STI spartan for like $500 bucks..came with plain box and a single chip mccormick mag. Being the new guy to 1911 I was, I thought I got a smoking a$$ freaking deal, I "thought" the spartan and the STI Trojan were basically the "same gun" based on my research ... More research told me about the wilson mags so i bought a couple (used of course) and a pile of various cheap 230gr ball, cheapest I could find and off to the range i went..So to my utter "disappointment"..I couldnt figure out why I couldnt shoot better than 10" groups @25 yds after hundreds of rounds with my 'STI Trojan"....lol..especially after all of these dudes on 1911 sub-forums on these great sites claiming how well they shoot the 1911..so I went back to to the forums and "learned" that my "STI spartan" was a "$hitty ass copy of the Trojan using "chinese parts and cheap labor" to put it together in the Phillipines, so i was immediately horrified and sold my $hitty spartan and bought a "real 1911"... STI Trojan, which I recall paying at least $900maybe 1k for it, and went to the range with my "real" 1911.. To my surprise and horrified once again, groups were basically the same with the same ammo, same range and same me... The trojan is/was a FANTASTIC 1911, but I do regret selling my $500 spartan that I shot equally as well, still regret it to this day.

Top Bottom