Bill Cassidy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Looks like Louisiana has its very own Romney. Its a shame we didn't have a conservative option. "I'm better then Mary Landreu" was not a stable platform. If he doesnt see what's going on its because he chooses not to.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...impeachments-2617b2eb2d42a694cbb6d2e09199bce8

https://thelawdictionary.org/article/impeaching-a-president/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ed-his-mind-on-trumps-impeachment/ar-BB1dy3uD

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d12748-546b-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html

Last edited:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I just email him and it was not short and sweet. Reminded him that 58% of this State Voted for Trump and that he was a coward who has betrayed Louisiana. I will not forget in 5 years! This is why we need to get back to the State Legislatures appointing US senators like it use to be. That way we could petition our State representative to remove a Senator like this from office. Right now the only way to remove a Senator is for 2/3 of the US Senate to vote for removal. That is not going to happen. 6 year terms and direct election of US senators is of the worst things to happen to this country. Elect the SOB then they turn on you and hope you forget a few years later.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Not knowing all the details of what transpired, I have to think that this vote had nothing to do directly with Trump, but can a former President be tried. It sets the precedent for the future. The vote that will truly show Cassidy's colors is the vote to convict. The Shame Stream media wants everyone to believe that this vote was about Trump, when it wasn't.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I believe the vote was about moving forward with THIS trial . Correct me if I'm wrong .

Correct. The trial is based on another set of lies. There's entirely too much info out there to think it happened the way the Dems claim. To support the idea that it deserves a trial is rediculous. Its another case of the seriousness of the charge being more important than the truth.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The “Dims” are making good use of his decision to stand with the other RINOS....Bad move, Senator.
    9b627b8fad701c60c6101d8b5e13b709.jpg

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I just email him and it was not short and sweet. Reminded him that 58% of this State Voted for Trump and that he was a coward who has betrayed Louisiana. I will not forget in 5 years! This is why we need to get back to the State Legislatures appointing US senators like it use to be. That way we could petition our State representative to remove a Senator like this from office. Right now the only way to remove a Senator is for 2/3 of the US Senate to vote for removal. That is not going to happen. 6 year terms and direct election of US senators is of the worst things to happen to this country. Elect the SOB then they turn on you and hope you forget a few years later.

The problem with long emails is that they are being read by a staffer that only documents whether it's favorable or not . :(

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think his argument was the Trump attorneys did a poor job of proving the impeachment was unconstitutional. I watched it and can say that I agree, the attorneys were horrible. If they don’t step up their game then more might vote against Trump. I am understanding this is a trial, and like most trials you have to hear the evidence before you make the decision. Both sides get a chance to present a case and it seems from my personal view and Trump himself, the Democrats won the presentation. Now do I agree, I will show that when I pull the leaver next election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Not to stir the pot or anything, but what if your vote really isn’t worth much in five years? The way the rule of law is being deconstructed by these people who can guarantee there will even be elections by then? There... I said it. There goes MY job instead I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I think his argument was the Trump attorneys did a poor job of proving the impeachment was unconstitutional. /QUOTE]

My point is the constitutional and legal definitions of what qualifies for impeachment should not be subjective or based on how the argument makes you feel. That seems to not be true to some ppl.

Top Bottom