Bill Cassidy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Absolutely.

While I don't expect everyone/anyone to capitalize the C in Citizens or the R in Rights (do note how I cap in my posts), when one person takes the time and puts forth the effort to do so with the RFL but not the CR, they're telling on themselves while assuming We The People are too stupid to pick up on it.
    Ya'll know Cassidy didn't write that himself ?

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    Ya'll know Cassidy didn't write that himself ?
    That may be, but Cassidy oversees all that.
    His signature = endorsement.

I'm in a "managerial" position in my line of work.
    I oversee many operations and sign my name on many lines. I am responsible for 100% of everything my signature and penmanship are on and 100% of what I oversee.

EDIT:
    I also do a lot of hard, dirty work that many may think someone in my position doesn't do.
    Jus' sayin'.

Last edited:

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    What about judges, prosecutors, sheriffs, police etc that have had anything to do with arrest to conviction for gun laws? There's a loooong list of anti 2a people. It's unfortunate how some people just look at the "top" or even think Republican means pro 2a. The whole two side thing is part of a well orchestrated distraction.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Democrats are running as Republicans all across the country, it's an organized plan, and they are infiltrating School Boards and everything. I'm not just talking about the typical democrats, I'm talking about those democrats and then their radical side who are taking up the Republican positions and doing liberal actions. We have all seen it in our lifetimes, but it is accelerated and much more intentional now. We need to be volunteering at the polls, like democrats around the country have been doing since they registered Blacks/Minorities/Women to vote in the early and mid 1900s. We need to be getting in on the School Board and pushing Neighborhood Schools again, because we see what getting rid of them has done. We need to be getting Conservatives on Metro Council instead of these RINOs like Jen Racca who are just trying to get a Judge position, and are selling out our cities to big business investors for personal and political gain.
    Cassidy is just one of many whom we are having major problems with.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Democrats are running as Republicans
    I've heard the above from time to time lately. What does that mean?

I dont understand how someone labeling themselves as a Republican or Democrat means they will or wont do something or they believe or dont believe in anything. There must be something im missing as to why someone isnt looked at as an individual.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I've heard the above from time to time lately. What does that mean?

I dont understand how someone labeling themselves as a Republican or Democrat means they will or wont do something or they believe or dont believe in anything. There must be something im missing as to why someone isnt looked at as an individual.
    You are a deeper thinker and most people arent. Most people look for a common thread (party letter), talking points, and their intuition about the person. These people are getting into office and using their power at critical times (Cassidy on Red Flags, Infrastructure, and Impeachment, for example, while following the general trend of "Republican" philosophy...which is very similar to democrat/liberal with exception to a few core values and understandings of the origins of rights. The majority of people are well intended and just want to be left alone, and to do what they want without hurting other people, so they dont look very deeply. People here may more often notice what Cassidy did, but 75% of people in society do not pay attention...they just look for the connection, talking points, and intuitive feel.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Most people look for a common thread (party letter), talking points, and their intuition about the person. These people are getting into office and using their power at critical times (Cassidy on Red Flags, Infrastructure, and Impeachment, for example, while following the general trend of "Republican" philosophy...which is very similar to democrat/liberal with exception to a few core values and understandings of the origins of rights. The majority of people are well intended and just want to be left alone, and to do what they want without hurting other people, so they dont look very deeply. People here may more often notice what Cassidy did, but 75% of people in society do not pay attention...they just look for the connection, talking points, and intuitive feel.
    I understand what you mean. That makes sense to me and it is what I see.

Off topic, in terms of our next election, I dont even know what Trump did for the 2a. I dont know if anti gun bills passed and he didnt sign. I have some research to do but i feel any person could be just a puppet on a string. (disclaimer: im aware we arent talking about trump and i went off topic.)

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I understand what you mean. That makes sense to me and it is what I see.

Off topic, in terms of our next election, I dont even know what Trump did for the 2a. I dont know if anti gun bills passed and he didnt sign. I have some research to do but i feel any person could be just a puppet on a string. (disclaimer: im aware we arent talking about trump and i went off topic.)
    Trump did some good in the sense of Nationalism, and getting people interested in rebuilding US industries, but he was not strong on the second amendment:

The full conversation is but a faded memory for me, and he was not a total tyrant, but he left a lot to be desired in regards to personal liberty. He could have done much more good than he did but the show he and the media put on took up a lot of time.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    he was not a total tyrant, but he left a lot to be desired in regards to personal liberty. He could have done much more good than he did but --the show-- he and the media put on took up a lot of time.

And that's all it is, a show, unfortunately for us because, like all shows, there is a script and we aren't privi to it. Every event that is big enough or important enough to impact the trajectory or the finale, is all scripted and part of the show.

Just a theory but, unless and until something really big happens, that changes the current power structure to favor the people, this will remain my most likely theory.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Trump did some good in the sense of Nationalism, and getting people interested in rebuilding US industries, but he was not strong on the second amendment:

The full conversation is but a faded memory for me, and he was not a total tyrant, but he left a lot to be desired in regards to personal liberty. He could have done much more good than he did but the show he and the media put on took up a lot of time.

Interesting you posted that video. That clip was on the top of my head of what i remember about him concerning the 2a.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

This is a great point. Trump could have done a bunch more for 2A and the Republicans had both House and Senate for his first two years.

That said, Trumps greatest gift was exposing exactly how corrupt and what a bunch of liars the Federal govt and our media are. You can tell a lot from your enemies actions and re-actions (not so much what they say). Trump lives rent-free in their heads. That is what I like about the Orange man.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I voted for Rob Maniss in Cassidy's first primary. I didn't have a good feel about Cassidy, and to boot, he really looks like a perv with that smile. I reluctantly voted for him twice after. I really regret that second vote. But what option did we have? Yeah, I sent his office the angry emails. Promised to walk the streets against his next primary. Let's hope he runs for Gov and gets bounced in that primary.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I voted for Rob Maniss in Cassidy's first primary. I didn't have a good feel about Cassidy, and to boot, he really looks like a perv with that smile. I reluctantly voted for him twice after. I really regret that second vote. But what option did we have? Yeah, I sent his office the angry emails. Promised to walk the streets against his next primary. Let's hope he runs for Gov and gets bounced in that primary.
    I will never vote for him again. If manages to get the GOP nomination, which he will, for the GOV race it will all but insure that we get another Democrat Governor. Because I for one either won't vote or I will vote for the Democrat because at least they are honest about what they are. Between Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and New Orleans the Dem candidate has over 45 percent of the vote automatically. Won't take much to get them elected and Cassidy has pissed off enough people for it to happen.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Democrats are running as Republicans all across the country, it's an organized plan, and they are infiltrating School Boards and everything. I'm not just talking about the typical democrats, I'm talking about those democrats and then their radical side who are taking up the Republican positions and doing liberal actions. We have all seen it in our lifetimes, but it is accelerated and much more intentional now. We need to be volunteering at the polls, like democrats around the country have been doing since they registered Blacks/Minorities/Women to vote in the early and mid 1900s. We need to be getting in on the School Board and pushing Neighborhood Schools again, because we see what getting rid of them has done. We need to be getting Conservatives on Metro Council instead of these RINOs like Jen Racca who are just trying to get a Judge position, and are selling out our cities to big business investors for personal and political gain.
    Cassidy is just one of many whom we are having major problems with.
    RINO Liz Chaney has suggested that Democrats in Wyoming change their party affiliation to Republican so they can vote for her in the upcoming election against Trump backed Harriet Hageman.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    A quick google search shows me 3 of 6 Governors since 1988 are either Republican or Democrat.

Looking into the power of a Governor over a sheriff according to google:
    1. The State Governor can remove a County Sheriff from office, for corruption or incompetence.
    I dont know if that's true in this state since my source uses Country instead of Parish. If that is true, no governor since has been pro 2a. This is of course if I am understanding things correctly. I did not look further back in time. With that said, I do not hold any weight which party someone is part of at all.

Top Bottom