BK no way!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Burger King has a promotion this week where you get a free sandwich with a purchase, but you've got to use the app. How convenient that the app isn't working for all stores in Lafayette. The nearest store is in Breaux Bridge 12 miles away. Actually there are 2 within a few miles of here!!
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 232058.jpg

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Some of the app specials aren't available at some locations. Overall it's better to use the app. There are always great deals and it's easier to just punch in your order and give instructions like no lettuce and extra onions. You can put the order in at home and just show up and tell them your name.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I like the Texas Double Whopper. My Wife likes the Bacon King(2 Whopper patties with double cheese and bacon.)
    The fries are tasty again and they went back to the old "flame broiling." After avoiding BK for several years, I have it twice a month now.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    BK ain't made a real hamburger since when 1977?
    I still enjoy BK. Every now and then I go order a Whopper meal, small fries and drink, just under $10 with tax. Still a good burger, just super expensive today. It is a treat now. During covid thru the drive thru, I could purchase 2 Whoppers for $5 + tax, in Hammond LA.

My sister started working at BK part time while attending college (UNO) in 1969. Two Whopper meals with drinks for $1.50

BK on Carrolton Ave in NOLA. Half block off Claiborne Ave. We lived on Burdette Street.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I gave up on BK a few years ago. First reason was the food quality declined. But the real deal breaker was the quality of service at the four locations near me. One by one I swore to never darken their door because of the pitiful customer service. It may be better now, I can't say. I'm not going back to find out. But that's just me.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I gave up on BK a few years ago. First reason was the food quality declined. But the real deal breaker was the quality of service at the four locations near me. One by one I swore to never darken their door because of the pitiful customer service. It may be better now, I can't say. I'm not going back to find out. But that's just me.
    Its not any better. Sometimes it just ok, and sometimes its just pathetic. The location on Airport Road just off I-12 (the newest BK at that) they frequently don't open the seating area/lobby. Drive up only. They use the excuse "we're short handed" frequently. When the lobby is closed, I just skip it. I'm not waiting 15 minutes + on their lame azz BS. Don't want to work. Can't remember the last time I saw a Caucasian worker at our local BKs in Hammond. Non-existent.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006

I got food poisoning from a BK some 15 years ago on New Years day...I only ate there because they were the only place open at the time. I was violently ill for about 3 days. I vowed never to have BK again and didn't for about 10 years. One day at work, I was desperate for some breakfast and I didn't have any easy options except a BK that was just a few doors down so I went over and got a breakfast bowl...nothing fancy. I take one bite and I pulled a plate sized piece of plastic wrap out with my fork.

Never. Again.

I only eat fast food maybe 2-3 times a year now anyway. It's all garbage regardless...I just have a special kind of hatred for BK.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    @highstandard40 I see you are in Prairieville. How is the Whataburger on Airline these days? I used to drive from Laplace to eat in there. A double meat burger with jalapenos. Lots of jalapenos please. Haven't been there in 5 or 6 years. I like Whataburger, or did.
    I'm close by. Still petty good for fast food. Friendly \ fast service. I'm usually good for twice a month. I think my son could live on it.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I’ll try to remember all the reasons I don’t like BK. It’s all basically their politics.
    Rainbow buns for guy pride.
    Black buns for black history.
    Impossible burgers made from grass w/ lots of added chemicals.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    My best friend -cousin ( RIP ) lived on Walmsley across from Notre Dame in the 70's
    I know the area well. We used to skateboard on that concrete hill driveway of Notre Dame. Its U shaped driveway off Carrolton. I lived at 2509 Burdette St from age 9 to 17, about 4 blocks from Notre Dame. Loved living uptown back then, a different safer world then. I could go anywhere via public transportation, the streetcar or the Tulane bus which ran on Carrolton Ave, to Canal Street. Ride a bus to the lakefront and fish, me and my buddy. Or City Park, or anywhere else within NOLA. Streetcar was a dime when I first started riding it. Then 15 cents.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Denham Springs location(near interstate I-12 is still poorly manned with employes and slow timed delivery.. Aint all that fast.. But if in the mood will do the two(2) Whopper Jr.s for $5.00 still available last weekend................. drill sgt.
    Sounds just like our BKs in Hammond. And their workers start at $12 an hour min after covid.
    I have to be fair, the BK on Railroad Ave across from the mall isn't too bad (walk in, dine in). Usually pretty decent service there.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom