BK no way!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I used to eat there after working near Security Sporting Goods. I would get off the Carrollton bus, eat in BK then catch the St. Charles Streetcar heading home (Pleasant St and Magazine).
    Yes sir, I remember Security. Used to spend whatever allowance and part time job earnings I got on lures, tackle, and stuff. Carrolton and Palm, the strip mall there. Remember the Sealtest ice cream shop just up the road? Worked at Sizzler across the street for a while too as a teenager, part time. And of course, Ye Old College Inn on Carrolton :) Best poboys around!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t care for technology myself and don’t care for using apps when I can do something myself but with that being said I don’t see the downside or hassle to downloading the BK app if it gets you better discounts and freebies. I haven’t eaten BK since Katrina hit only because it was the only thing open near my home at the time. I don’t really care for any of that garbage and for the price of what they are charging these days I can pick up some ground meat and make myself a real burger that actually tastes delicious. I can count on one hand fast food restaurants I’ll eat at.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don’t care for technology myself and don’t care for using apps when I can do something myself but with that being said I don’t see the downside or hassle to downloading the BK app if it gets you better discounts and freebies. I haven’t eaten BK since Katrina hit only because it was the only thing open near my home at the time. I don’t really care for any of that garbage and for the price of what they are charging these days I can pick up some ground meat and make myself a real burger that actually tastes delicious. I can count on one hand fast food restaurants I’ll eat at.

I like the chik-fil-a app because it makes going through the drive through so much easier. "no pickles," "add cheese," "no tomatoes," "wait, can I get tea instead of a coke?" The family can make a drive thru a pain to deal with. "Will that complete your order?" "No, I still waiting on the kids to figure out what they like from the menu that never changes." My wife doesn't like that there are some places I just won't go through the drive thru. Like McDonald's. "Oh, I thought we would just go through the drive thru and eat it in the car." "Nope. But we can go inside and get it to go."

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    We often make our own burgers and dirty-rice at home with at least 80% ground meat. Burger King is about twice a month and we haven't been to McDonald's in over a year.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    And of course, Ye Old College Inn on Carrolton :) Best poboys around!
    I went there as a kid with the family then again when I worked on Tulane. The 1st ChickenFried Steak I had was from College Inn but it has roast beef gravy Not white gravy. Love the RB gravy. I haven’t been the same since.
    Now I go to C Inn then RocknBowl.

phillygumbo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Baton Rouge. LA
    @highstandard40 I see you are in Prairieville. How is the Whataburger on Airline these days? I used to drive from Laplace to eat in there. A double meat burger with jalapenos. Lots of jalapenos please. Haven't been there in 5 or 6 years. I like Whataburger, or did.
    I live close to the Whataburger in Baton Rouge on Siegen by I-10, and it's the typical Whataburger taste with typical long wait times only partially due to usually long car lines. I've learned to place order online from computer and then park and walk in to get the order, especially useful if wife gets some non-standard item such as onion rings.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Haven’t had Burger King or mc Donald’s in 14+ years lol.. no need to start now :dunno: Only fast food I do on occasion, maybe 1 time a month max is chick-fil-a or canes lol other than that, it’s good ol’ sothern home cooking by my wife!!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I live close to the Whataburger in Baton Rouge on Siegen by I-10, and it's the typical Whataburger taste with typical long wait times only partially due to usually long car lines. I've learned to place order online from computer and then park and walk in to get the order, especially useful if wife gets some non-standard item such as onion rings.
    People seem to have no problem with long wait lines in the drive thru, especially women. A product of the covid pandemic, imo. They did it/learned it then and do it willingly now. I refuse to sit in a long drive thru line, waiting and idling. Like you, I'd rather park and walk in. Or I just leave.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Haven’t had Burger King or mc Donald’s in 14+ years lol.. no need to start now :dunno: Only fast food I do on occasion, maybe 1 time a month max is chick-fil-a or canes lol other than that, it’s good ol’ sothern home cooking by my wife!!
    You are better off without it, better health wise. And you don't feed/teach your children bad behaviors, eating FF regularly. Most FF is loaded with salt (sodium) and saturated fats. And high calories too. Unless you eat a salad from Wendy's. One of the worst offenders is Popeye's Chicken. Thankfully their really slow service and ridiculous high prices drove me away years ago. So no fried chicken for me, period. I like Cane's a lot but have pretty much eliminated that from my diet. Tastes good but again loaded with sodium and fat.
    Fast fact: the owner/creator of Raising Cane's is from Louisiana, and is now worth over 9 billion $. Todd Graves, born in NOLA, lives in BR today with his wife. He has built an empire, and pretty darned quickly too. Still growing his empire too, now overseas. Graves opened his first location in 1996.

Top Bottom