Boat , motor, and trailer registration titling questions questions.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    If you have the boat title and registration it should have the boat serial number on it but you still will have to prove ownership with either a notarized bill of sale, act of donation or act of heirship. DMV would require the same, try to read the trailer VIN number If Ohio doesn't issue trailer titles you don't need one, just proof of ownership.. If you haven't talked to WLF and the DMV yet do it and explain the situation. I just sold my boat to a guy in North Carolina. all I sent was a notarized bill of sale covering both boat and trailer and the signed trailer title.

Mr Manouche

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    ascension parish
    Im going thru the same thing. The title agency Im working with acts like it is literally impossible to have the trailer registered b/c it is currently registered to a deceased man. LDWF said to call the DMV. Good luck trying to call the DMV, each time I call the recorded message says "We can't take your call b/c we're too busy, try again later". PITA!

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Yea, I've been getting the talk to the whole DMV bit too for the trailer. Or wait 3 months for a safety inspection thru the state police.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    Renew paperwork in the state located and happy boating. The great part of online renewal. La. will fee you to eternity just consider it on loan. I have a airboat with same but Ms. trailer and boat regs.

Top Bottom