Bowfishing Wed. 7-1-09

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    A buddy and I are going bowfishing at Big Alabama Wed. morning and we might need a third man. Anyone interested in trying it out and tagging along? Tons of fun. Big boys come out in the day. Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you more info.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    A buddy and I are going bowfishing at Big Alabama Wed. morning and we might need a third man. Anyone interested in trying it out and tagging along? Tons of fun. Big boys come out in the day. Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you more info.

Good luck and take it from me - there will be no shortage of Gar out there. I was out there on Sunday morning just fishing in the Pirouge and they were everywhere.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Oh I know. We've been bowfishing there before. They have some monsters out there. If our shooting was better we'd come home with ice chests full, but we're still working on that.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Lol. Trust me, it's not hard. There aren't even sights on the bows. You just use your best judgement. You pick it up pretty quickly.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    If I was off tomorrow I would go with you and make sure you came home with an icechest full. Sadly I'm working.

kdick3

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Damn, I've been wanting to go bowfishing pretty badly... Same here, wish I didn't have to work :(

My buddy is just about done putting a bow fishing platform on his boat so when that gets finished I'll be out there a few times :)

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    I'd try to make it out, but I don't have a bow set up for it. Actually, I haven't picked up a bow in 2 years, but that's a whole other story.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Crossbows are illegal for bowfishing. Fishing licenses from last year expire tonight. And yes, Big Alabama is at Sherburne. You interested derf?

pefffisher220

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    This is 11Bravo posting from Brett's account. Have a spot open. Call me at 3372906007 is you're interested. Tons of fun guys. No equipment needed, you can use ours. will be getting out there pretty early and leaving around one pm. Like I said, call me for more details.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Don't fishing licenses expire on 7/1?
    Where is the Big AL? Sherburne?

More specifically, Big Alabama is about 2 miles south on hwy 975 (gravel road) from Hwy 190 before Krotz Springs and the Atchafalya River. If you cross the bridge, you've missed it.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Man you guys missed an awesome time. The fruits of our labor:
    l_b4d485985ec84e55ad0c1c096464e775.jpg

Nine gar, one choupique. Would have had a lot more if we were better shots. I did hook a pretty big gator gar. Brett was trying to get an arrow in him and he decided to high tail it under the boat. Ended up popping my line when it got snagged on the prop. Oh well. One hell of a fight from one hell of a fish. I'm guessing he was 20lbs+. Can't wait for the next trip!

Top Bottom