Bowfishing Wed. 7-1-09

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Dang. Sorry I missed it. Try and give more notice next time, if you can.
    I usually stick to salt water but Gar could be fun.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Peter, we don't use anything fancy. We have a 14ft aluminum boat with a plain jane 55lb thrust trolling motor or a 16ft bass boat with a 70lb thrust trolling motor. When we go at night in the bass boat we can fit the light man in the middle of the deck and a guy with a bow on each side. The aluminum boat is a little smaller so we normally have the light man in the middle and one man on the front deck and one toward the back.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Peter, we don't use anything fancy. We have a 14ft aluminum boat with a plain jane 55lb thrust trolling motor or a 16ft bass boat with a 70lb thrust trolling motor. When we go at night in the bass boat we can fit the light man in the middle of the deck and a guy with a bow on each side. The aluminum boat is a little smaller so we normally have the light man in the middle and one man on the front deck and one toward the back.

I was just wondering because I have a 14' flat with a 20hp go devil on it and was thinking about getting into bow fishing.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    That would work, you just need to throw a trolling motor on it. The quieter the better. You can buy vibration reducers for the trolling motor for about $20. Makes a big difference.

Top Bottom