Brandished firearm escalated argument ?; CHP holder arrested

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    All right. We get it. You hate Open Carry. Noted.

wrong. I don't hate anything nor was I trying to rain on the OC parade. all I said was that it obviously wasn't the best choice in this case AND the guy was obviously trying to use that method provocatively, as some OC'ers have admitted to doing in the past.

just try taking what I posted at face value. if the bus driver was only carrying a weapon in case he needed to defend himself, there was no reason to have it sticking out of his pants.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    wrong. I don't hate anything nor was I trying to rain on the OC parade. all I said was that it obviously wasn't the best choice in this case AND the guy was obviously trying to use that method provocatively, as some OC'ers have admitted to doing in the past.

just try taking what I posted at face value. if the bus driver was only carrying a weapon in case he needed to defend himself, there was no reason to have it sticking out of his pants.

I AGREE. IT APPEARS TO ME LIKE HE INTENTIONALLY BROUGHT THE GUN OUT TO VISIBLY INTIMIDATE THE OTHER GUY.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    As I see it the only facts that matter are a CCP holder confronts a skateboarder, a father and his child. He brandishes the pistol to intimidate them and when confronted verbally draws on the father. The father lunges at the CCP holder and the end result is the father is dead. The CCP holder is responsible for the escalation and is the aggressor in my eyes. I hope he goes to jail and is sued for neglegence.

Last edited:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    As I see it the only facts that matter are a CCP holder confronts a skateboarder, a father and his child. He brandishes the pistol to intimidate them and when confronted verbally draws on the father. The father lunges at the CCP holder and the end result is the father is dead. The CCP holder is responsible for the escalation and is the aggressor in my eyes. I hope he goes to jail and is sued for neglegence.

+1

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick

+1

What is the deal with all the hate for skateboarders, anyway??? My kid loves to ride his skateboard/ripstik and I'll go to the park and ride a ripstik with him. It's just good clean fun. We were at the park one time when a black woman pulled up and started yelling at us for skateboarding on the concrete in front of the gym. We were the only ones there until she arrived and would gladly have moved out of anyone's way, but she didn't even ask... just started an angry confrontation.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    +1

What is the deal with all the hate for skateboarders, anyway??? My kid loves to ride his skateboard/ripstik and I'll go to the park and ride a ripstik with him. It's just good clean fun. We were at the park one time when a black woman pulled up and started yelling at us for skateboarding on the concrete in front of the gym. We were the only ones there until she arrived and would gladly have moved out of anyone's way, but she didn't even ask... just started an angry confrontation.

The problem stems from them damaging property by grinding hand-rails (scratches them up, need repainting, leaves sharp edges etc.) and things of that sort. Simply zipping down the concrete isn't usually a big deal unless it is interfering with foot traffic etc. but the grinds are the major issue. Some of the more extreme riders will do wall plants and tricks on/off the vertical surfaces and cause damage there as well. If they aren't doing anything like that, tell the ol' biddy to STFU. :D

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    As reported via the press (always a dangerous thing to rely on fer sure)

Gun guy wrong. Father dead.

Nolacop nailed it on page 1. Sad story all the way around.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    One thing the bus driver did right, he STFU. Remain Silent and get a lawyer. How many times have we heard it said over and over again?

****.......I agree...ya never know

He immediately invoked his right to remain silent and got an attorney — Ronald Tulin, his neighbor a few cul-de-sacs down in the Twin Lakes subdivision, which is south of State Road 60.

His only hope

user.aaaaa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Probably paid for with tax dollars in one way or another.

yea
    and Veteran, of course, paid his own money for ticket to Iraq
    (and bus drivers never pay taxes?)

BTW
    1 ..... removed ...
    2 newspaper says about knife

"marched outside with a gun in his waistband" ??? I hate journalists/

"Dooley turned to walk away, BUT..."
    It is very bad that 8year girl lost her father, BUT he behaved like ninja or something

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    One thing to consider why the father lunged at the bus driver was to protect his daughter. What would you men do if you felt your child was in danger? I do not consider him the agressor rather a victim.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    yea

BTW
    1 ..... removed ...

It is very bad that 8year girl lost her father, BUT he behaved like ninja or something

Just what we need. A smart ass first poster. :rolleyes:
    Go away troll...

Last edited:

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    yea

BTW
    1 ..... removed ...

So it's his fault? Seriously doubt the criminal or civil jury will see it that way bud.

In NO way,shape or form is this anything close to being self-defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom